Posted: 3 months ago

I think Deepika who is not a star kid but her dad was a famous badminton player. Ranveer who is the second cousin of Sonam and I heard his grandmother was an actress. Kiara that has lots of relatives in Bollywood but her parents are not associated with Bollywood. Parineeti Chopra who is the cousin of Priyanka Chopra. Aditya Roy Kapoor whose brother is a famous producer. Imran Khan whose uncle is a superstar. Shamita Shetty whose sister is a popular actress of 90’s. I think Bhumi and Krithi also bought their sisters to Bollywood and those girls somehow entered in Bollywood through their sisters connections like Shamita. All these actors are not famous star kids like Abhishek, Kareena, Ranbir, Kajol or Sonam but neither they can be considered completely outsiders like SRK, Akshay, Kangana, Katrina or Anushka that had no connections in Bollywood. Any other semi-insiders in Bollywood?

Edited by Bird32 - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bird32

I think Deepika who is not a star kid but her dad was famous badminton player. Ranveer who is the second cousin of Sonam and I heard his grandmother was an actress. Kiara that has lots of relatives in Bollywood but her parents are not associated with Bollywood. Parineeti Chopra who is the cousin of Priyanka Chopra. Aditya Roy Kapoor whose brother is a famous producer. Imran Khan whose uncle is a superstar. Shamita Shetty whose sister is a popular actress of 90’s. I think Bhumi and Krithi also bought their sisters to Bollywood and those girls somehow entered Bollywood through their sisters like Shamita. All these actors are not famous star kids like Abhishek, Kareena, Ranbir, Kajol or Sonam but neither they can be considered completely outsiders like SRK, Akshay, Kangana, Katrina or Anushka that had no connections to Bollywood. Any other semi-insiders? 

There's many categories. Imran Khan is a full on insider. Along with Abhay Deol. He just chose to do his own thing. No semi-about it. Shamita is too because her mom was an awful stage mom and told Shilpa to use her influence to get her into films for extra money. 

Aditya Roy Kapoor is the exact definition of semi but also very rich. Parineeti Chopra, Alaya F is also in this kind of category. 

Kiara's connections are moreso financially being decently well off. Her Bollywood connections are extremely old, I think her family approached Juhi(?) because they have some business in common. Ranveer's family connections did not secure him a debut because his side of the family is not very friendly. His finances helped convince YRF. Those two are a mix - they had to audition and fight others but they had a edge financially to set them up. 

In an opposite sense, Akshay is not an true-blue outsider - his mother used to gamble with Dimple Kapadia and was one of the older wealthy kitty-party ladies at Pali Hill. He had connections to debut into Bollywood but not cash. SRK also had good words from influential figures that got Hema Malini to catch his eye. 

Deepika is an outsider, she personally hired Reshma with her portfolio to get her into Bollywood. Being the child of a famous player doesn't get you films unless you're Sara Tendulkar. DP had the looks so Reshma took her in. 

Bhumi's father was a politician but he passed a long time ago. She's not really an insider. Her finances are also not very inflated. She worked as an assistant for many years so she does have many Bollywood friends, however that is in the context that she worked for them. A lot of people made fun of her BTS but Bhumi has focused now on being a character actress and given up on mainstream bollywood. 

Edited by VimalPanMasala - 3 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

We are about to find out. If ranbir gets the trophy that shahid didn’t. I’ll finally admit something is wrong smiley36

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

We are about to find out. If ranbir gets the trophy that shahid didn’t. I’ll finally admit something is wrong smiley36

I wrote such a huge thing Maroon put it perfectly lol 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Ranbir will get that trophy..no doubt.

Shahid is a semi insider

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

There's many categories. Imran Khan is a full on insider. Along with Abhay Deol. He just chose to do his own thing. No semi-about it. Shamita is too because her mom was an awful stage mom and told Shilpa to use her influence to get her into films for extra money. 

Aditya Roy Kapoor is the exact definition of semi but also very rich. Parineeti Chopra, Alaya F is also in this kind of category. 

Kiara's connections are moreso financially being decently well off. Her Bollywood connections are extremely old, I think her family approached Juhi(?) because they have some business in common. Ranveer's family connections did not secure him a debut because his side of the family is not very friendly. His finances helped convince YRF. Those two are a mix - they had to audition and fight others but they had a edge financially to set them up. 

In an opposite sense, Akshay is not an true-blue outsider - his mother used to gamble with Dimple Kapadia and was one of the older wealthy kitty-party ladies at Pali Hill. He had connections to debut into Bollywood but not cash. SRK also had good words from influential figures that got Hema Malini to catch his eye. 

Deepika is an outsider, she personally hired Reshma with her portfolio to get her into Bollywood. Being the child of a famous player doesn't get you films unless you're Sara Tendulkar. DP had the looks so Reshma took her in. 

Bhumi's father was a politician but he passed a long time ago. She's not really an insider. Her finances are also not very inflated. She worked as an assistant for many years so she does have many Bollywood friends, however that is in the context that she worked for them. A lot of people made fun of her BTS but Bhumi has focused now on being a character actress and given up on mainstream bollywood. 

I know Bhumi is an outsider but I am talking about her sister that entered in Bollywood with the help of her. Same with Krithi’s sister and Shamita Shetty. Ranveer and Deepika are not considered real strugglers like Priyanka, Katrina, Vidya or Kangana. They are from super rich family and their parents connections helped them little bit to enter in Bollywood where SRK and Akshay came from middle class family. You will need some connections to enter in Bollywood but that doesn’t make you insider. 

Edited by Bird32 - 3 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Bird32

I know Bhumi is an outsider but I am talking about her sister that entered in Bollywood with the help of her sister. Same with Krithi’s sister and Shamita Shetty. Ranveer and Deepika are not considered real strugglers like Priyanka, Katrina, Vidya or Kangana. They are from super rich family and their parents connections helped them little bit to enter in Bollywood where SRK and Akshay came from middle class family. You will need some connections to enter in Bollywood but that doesn’t make you insider. 

Vidya's father was etc's head. She surely wasn't an outsider. Breaking into Bolly after working in itv but she deffo ain't Katrina level struggler.

Shah was very very active in Delhi theatre circuits, and he's really good with people. So.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Actually, to me, it doesn't matter if insider, semi-insider, outsider, semi-outsider, wealthy, poor, upper middle class, middle class, lower middle class, connections, relatives...

What matters, is the work they do. My choice of the movies I'll watch doesn't depend on the above, only on my personal liking/interest.

SRK is the only exception respective to my interest for him beyond his work.

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Clochette

Actually, to me, it doesn't matter if insider, semi-insider, outsider, semi-outsider, wealthy, poor, upper middle class, middle class, lower middle class, connections, relatives...

What matters, is the work they do. My choice of the movies I'll watch doesn't depend on the above, only on my personal liking/interest.

SRK is the only exception respective to my interest for him beyond his work.

This is coming from someone who liked Suhana in Archiessmiley37

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Perfectly put!!! 

Am also so so tired of people constantly talking about DP & her fam “being rich/ semi-insider” etc as if a 80s badminton player could ever have been “rich.” LMAO. They were upper-middle-class at max, I believe it is her mother’s family that was quite well-to-do/wealthy etc. And DP’s Mum was very keen for her to become a model & actress, her father apparently, was completely opposed to it but b/c she really really wanted it, he came around. DP is completely a self-made woman. 

There are different levels to nepotism & privilege too. Technically, Vicky Kaushal is also a NepoBaby, but compare him to a Ranbir, B Jr or even a Bobby Deol, and the comparison itself is completely laughable!!! 

Kiara might’ve had the financial privilege but where does that get you in BW. There are tonnes of far far better looking women wanting to be a BW actress every single minute of every single day. What helped her was her in due to an older top actress like Juhi, not really her financial privilege which she capitalised on & luck favoured her. 

People go on & on about RS, but RS is a below-average looking man & for all his financial privilege etc, KARAN JOHAR has admitted many times, how he tried to have RS & Anushka Sharma changed b/c they’re that awful looking. While RS comes from a very well-to-do family etc, the Sonam-Anil Kapoor family don’t really seem to care for him esp the younger Kapoor children. It’s interesting b/c while he has the connections & privilege, his journey has been that of an outsider. He had to audition &’actively fight a lot against industry perception.