Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

That was the part that shocked me the most that he has openly chided Indian cinema for being superficial and frivolous. Which makes using him as an example to defend Indian cinema as the best in the world, without needing to learn or take influence from any other cinema, as an even more ridiculous and absurd statement.

Maybe Rani did not want to sound biased by naming family members or her in-laws even.

The other thing that shocked me was learning that Vikrant Massey had to use makeup to darken his skin for 12th Fail. I've never seen him outside of that movie so I didn't realize that wasn't his natural skin color. 

His performance was brilliant, but yeah the brownface was blatant and as soon as he gets to a boot-suit scene, the brownface and unblended make-up was gone lol

Ghatak and Tapan Sinha were Ray's contemporary and iirc Tanuja has worked with them. Rani couldn't even name them so lol.

Edited by Blueeeee - 4 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

His performance was brilliant, but yeah the brownface was blatant and as soon as he gets to a boot-suit scene, the brownface and unblended make-up was gone lol

Ok I didn't notice lol. It's not something that would get most of India upset so I don't think it will hurt the movie's reputation.

But it does remind me that when Archies came out, people were saying that out of the entire cast, Suhana was the one who looked most "gareeb," an obvious reference to her skin tone.

[Post Removed]

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TommyZenny

her aunt was an actress? 

Yeah Tanuja is her aunt 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

I think this thread needs to be revisited. Also I love how the first article dismisses her completely as a has-been.

"Being an inspiration for so many young girls, it was quite disappointing to hear such statements from her. Rani, a once leading Bollywood actress, gave us bold movies like Mardaani and No One Killed Jessica in which she stood for woman justice."

https://jfwonline.com/article/rani-mukerjis-views-on-metoo-are-severely-problematic-needs-to-be-called-out/

This Reddit thread was made to support her but literally every comment is negative about Rani and calling her out as a misogynist.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyGoodVibes/comments/18xotfc/rani_mukerjis_call_for_empowerment_through/

More calling her out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/njwmqv/actresses_roundtable_2018_with_rajeev_masand/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/18wkli5/rani_mukherjee_is_a_great_actress_but_is_annoying/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/1993gmr/what_the_actual_f*ck_how_does_rani_get_away_with/

(for the last link, you'll have to uncensor the word to get it to work)

Fav comments include:

And I remember while Deepika and Anushka were speaking, Rani was mumbling throughout which was audible. And when the camera panned on her, she was also doing the karate chop!! And then kept at it even though Deepika and Anushka gave sound reasons. Entitled idiot! Insane woman.

Uff I am angry again.

"Women are giving birth to the men who are doing this". So not only Rani is against making an environment for women where they don't need self-defense, but she is blaming women for giving birth to men as well.

All respect is lost.

After this interview I just cannot stand Rani anymore. She blames women even for wrong things men do. She hits a new low every time she speaks. She doesn’t let anyone speak if they disagree with her. This is such a sensitive topic in India and here she is saying oh learn self defense. Why even get to that point, what about the small girls and older women or any women for that matter, why do women have to be blamed for a man’s wrong doing. I was shocked and disgusted listening to her views on this. Hypocrisy is when she is the one who does movies like Mardani and in real life she doesn’t understand the sensitivity of women’s safety.

Also what infuriates me is when she says “it’s women who are making these boys”. Disgusting coming from a woman. The boys who are the cause of women’s safety issues are only being brought up by women? What about the boy itself, what about the mindset of the boy itself. According to her, any boy or a man (with bad intentions) is because of the mother. Pathetic. After this interview I literally lost all respect for her. She’s insensitive of all women and real women issues just because she is always going to be in a powerful position in society.

God I can’t stand her. That smirk. That entitlement. That pea size brain.

Deepika I as fab in this interview. She she wants to take a stand or give her opinion she does. She didn’t back down. I’m glad she didn’t keep quiet like she usually does. Anushka toh we know is a firebrand.

I think the same interview Deepika also joked that Rani house is very big or a bungalow. Cos Rani was on a tangent on how one needs to appreciate what they have and some holier than thou bullshit.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

In short: Rani can be extremely annoying and entitled smiley36

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Clochette

In short: Rani can be extremely annoying and entitled smiley36

Ash fans trying their best to counter attack on them smiley39 they only have round tables .. while Rani fans have BO.. films .. performances . Also , Ash fans quoting negative articles . I have 1000 against Ash . We all know who is a true has been . It shows on the face .. I mean botched botoxed face 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Oh, I'm not really interested in those (imo petty) fan-wars...I prefer to have a different look at each actor/actress as they are individuals as much as the people in my real life smiley1

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrChatVsNorway

Ash fans trying their best to counter attack on them smiley39 they only have round tables .. while Rani fans have BO.. films .. performances . Also , Ash fans quoting negative articles . I have 1000 against Ash . We all know who is a true has been . It shows on the face .. I mean botched botoxed face 

Remember when you got upset that the handful of Alia fans that exist were making fun of Rani fans, how they are a dying breed, and the only ones upset about Alia's Filmfare win? How people pointed out that you didn't have to be a fan of Rani to be upset, everyone was unanimous on that.

The same point applies here. All the people calling out Rani are not necessarily Aishwarya fans. There is no direct correlation between hating Rani and loving Aishwarya. All those threads, posts, comments, and articles I posted (and there are hundreds on just these two roundtables I could have posted) do not come from Aish fans. They are just the general public upset with Rani.

I won't go into BO again. I even had to point out the other day how Preity has a much better track record in her collabs with Saif compared to Rani's collabs with Saif, but next you'll start making anti-Preity threads. 

I do find it noteworthy that Preity did ask Aishwarya for permission to do the films Aish was removed from and Aish gave Preity her blessing. Had Rani asked Aishwarya even once, with just a simple phone call, Aish would have happily said yes. She and Rani were like sisters (now we know that being a close friend to Rani means you are the first in line to get stabbed in the back) and she and Preity were not even that close at this point. Now Aish and Preity are besties and known as one of Bollywood's strongest female friendships. Rani's passive aggressive treatment of both of them is why she and Aish have no relationship (which Rani tried to play the victim card, crying about how she wasn't invited to Aish/Abhishek's wedding) and Preity and her are just cordial like work friends. Aish learned from this incident who was a true friend and who wasn't. 

I honestly feel there's a reason it's Aish/Preity vs Rani/Kareena because it really comes down to the fact that the first two are self-made and known for having bravely called out injustice in Bollywood like Aish against Salman and Preity against the criminal underworld, even though they both had the most to lose, whereas Rani and Kareena were constantly sabotaging the non-nepobabies because they felt entitled to work. Very bad attitudes.

And I wouldn't talk about BO because PS-1 and PS-2 show Aish is still capable of delivering blockbusters while being headlined in the central role unlike Rani. Wasn't Rani's most successful film in her career KANK? Which was way back in 2006? Or was it Talaash where she didn't even have a lead role? Why does KJo not give Rani any films anymore outside of flop Bombay Talkies? He gave Aishwarya ADHM and then publicly admitted he was not done with working with her and wanted to cast her in another movie but as a lead. And then tried to reunite her and SRK onscreen in a film but Aish disliked the scripts offered. And that's not even considering that Aish was one of KJo's choices for Tina in KKHH and Rani only got the role because a dozen actresses refused starting with Twinkle (who the role was written for) and including Urmila.

Please view this thread for BO success internationally. You've already read my posts on how Aish is the face of Bollywood in the west alongside SRK, so I won't repeat that and how her global stature easily eclipses Rani's fame anyday (and you'll conveniently forget that even in the thread of who was a bigger star, I defended Rani and why she was losing the poll). You'll see that while Kajol has the biggest box office successes overseas, tied second are Aishwarya, Preity, and Deepika. Each had four films each that were #1 overseas for their respective years. For Aish, Preity, and Deepika, out of those four films, they were the leading ladies in 3/4 of those films and in only the last 1/4 movies were they in supporting roles. 

Rani has three films that were #1 overseas for their respective years and 2/3 of those movies had her in supporting roles (KKHH and Veer-Zaara). She was only the lead in one of them (KANK).

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5344858

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 2 months ago