RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Rani became infamous after her controversial comments in the 2018 Actress Roundtable where she kept interrupting everyone and claimed that we cannot tell people how to raise their sons to not be rapists but we can tell women they need to change and teach their daughters self-defense as the onus is on young girls to protect themselves.

Now she has repeated her behavior in this 2023 roundtable. Constantly interrupting and talking over everyone, saying yes to everything Karan says like she's his personal chorus, etc. Her biggest goof-up is getting angry at praise for Iranian cinema, feeling this is a slight at Indian cinema while then referring to Kannada cinema as Kannad cinema.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py72AxkuBjo

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/18wkli5/rani_mukherjee_is_a_great_actress_but_is_annoying/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

She looked really pretty here. Her face has not aged at all. But honestly his opinion about Iranian cinema was very subjective. Nothing to get that offended by Rani.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

She’s become so irritating these days with her “in my days …I was thrown into the sea and asked to swim…todays actors have it so easy” 

Even if it is true, that can’t be literally the only thing she brings to the table 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

She looked really pretty here. Her face has not aged at all. But honestly his opinion about Iranian cinema was very subjective. Nothing to get that offended by Rani.

All he said was that they could learn from Iranian cinema and Rani goes on a long tangent (one of many I might add) about how Indian cinema is the greatest in the world, there is no need for improvement, and how she finds his comments offensive. 

What really irked her was that Prithvi said he did not like Karan's films as he felt his movies were mushy. Then when asked if he would ever hire a commercial actress like Rani in one of his films, he said no.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Time stamps so I can see

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

She’s become so irritating these days with her “in my days …I was thrown into the sea and asked to swim…todays actors have it so easy” 

Even if it is true, that can’t be literally the only thing she brings to the table 

It's a 2 hour roundtable and I realized it's that long all because of Rani. Everyone answers the questions for about 1 minute or so whereas Rani takes 10 minutes for each question, going off into long speeches and bringing every other topic that isn't related to the question. And that's not accounting for the parts where she finishes other people's sentences or interrupts them.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Time stamps so I can see

1:42:00 is when Prithvi talks about asking people to watch Iranian cinema which is when Rani interrupts and says she's offended and goes on a long rant.

1:01:40 is when Karan and Rani talk about KANK and Rocky Aur Rani. How Rani had to freeze while filming KANK and the opening scene where she meets SRK at the bench on her wedding day, her lips were frozen and she couldn't say garden. Karan says he thought she was saying some bad word which he cannot say on camera but everyone at the roundtable understood. I have no idea what word he's talking about so I must be the only one who doesn't get it but he kept going on about how bad this word was.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

1:42:00 is when Prithvi talks about asking people to watch Iranian cinema which is when Rani interrupts and says she's offended and goes on a long rant.

1:01:40 is when Karan and Rani talk about KANK and Rocky Aur Rani. How Rani had to freeze while filming KANK and the opening scene where she meets SRK at the bench on her wedding day, her lips were frozen and she couldn't say garden. Karan says he thought she was saying some bad word which he cannot say on camera but everyone at the roundtable understood. I have no idea what word he's talking about so I must be the only one who doesn't get it but he kept going on about how bad this word was.

The best remedy for this is to not give rani the attention. Even when she does something good. Back in August she did an interview and she made some jokes at Karan’s expense and this place treated it as cat nip. But Rani always manages to loose that goodwill quickly 😂 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

All he said was that they could learn from Iranian cinema and Rani goes on a long tangent (one of many I might add) about how Indian cinema is the greatest in the world, there is no need for improvement, and how she finds his comments offensive. 

What really irked her was that Prithvi said he did not like Karan's films as he felt his movies were mushy. Then when asked if he would ever hire a commercial actress like Rani in one of his films, he said no.

I agree she seems to get easily triggered. I never will claim that anyone I am a fan of is perfect. But despite her problematic interviews I hope she never runs out of work. She is one of the few left in bollywood who can manage to entertain me.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

I agree she seems to get easily triggered. I never will claim that anyone I am a fan of is perfect. But despite her problematic interviews I hope she never runs out of work. She is one of the few left in bollywood who can manage to entertain me.

I love her as an actress and she's my childhood favorite and also shares my Zodiac sign. But anytime I watch her in interviews now, I find her very grating and pompous. She's more likable onscreen playing other people than she is offscreen playing herself. 

That being said, the round table does establish that she is the only actress to have her own franchise and keep audiences interested in her theatrically.