New Year’s resolution-Good bye Toxic Shows

drsimran thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

I used to watch YRKKH season one for the wholesome show it was with very little toxicity.  After the South Africa leap, DKP started mild toxicity with Naksh loving then breaking up with Tara.  I didn’t watch KAIRA- although very popular couple. Just didn’t like the multiple marriages and divorces. Same with ABHIRA but loved ASHNAV

When Anupamaa started, I didn’t watch it until Anuj’s entry and later loved the show.  After a while, when MAAN’s marriage, it went downhill FAST!  How can anyone take all the yelling of the rotten adult kids of Anupama.  Still watched for an extra 6 months, but couldn’t take the flip flopping of Pakhi anymore.  Watched here there but still disappointed.

After the disappointing storylines of YRKKH and Anupamaa, I decided not to watch BKAS.

if you want sanity in your new year, I suggest you ditch Star Plus and Hotstar and for logical Hindi entertainment, watch Sony shows or my favorite Wagle Ki Duniya on SAB.  It might be sad sometimes but I think characters reactions are realistic as well as growing maturity.  Thank you for reading my rant

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Harish111 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: drsimran

I used to watch YRKKH season one for the wholesome show it was with very little toxicity.  After the South Africa leap, DKP started mild toxicity with Naksh loving then breaking up with Tara.  I didn’t watch KAIRA- although very popular couple. Just didn’t like the multiple marriages and divorces. Same with ABHIRA but loved ASHNAV

When Anupamaa started, I didn’t watch it until Anuj’s entry and later loved the show.  After a while, when MAAN’s marriage, it went downhill FAST!  How can anyone take all the yelling of the rotten adult kids of Anupama.  Still watched for an extra 6 months, but couldn’t take the flip flopping of Pakhi anymore.  Watched here there but still disappointed.

After the disappointing storylines of YRKKH and Anupamaa, I decided not to watch BKAS.

if you want sanity in your new year, I suggest you ditch Star Plus and Hotstar and for logical Hindi entertainment, watch Sony shows or my favorite Wagle Ki Duniya on SAB.  It might be sad sometimes but I think characters reactions are realistic as well as growing maturity.  Thank you for reading my rant

I would also suggest checking out OTT, amazing main stream actors, great no nonsense plots and all variety of genres. ITV should just be left to die. 

Deepukrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harish111

I would also suggest checking out OTT, amazing main stream actors, great no nonsense plots and all variety of genres. ITV should just be left to die. 

Suggest something nice to watch no, anything wil do romance romcom slice of life thrillers, just good and not boring. Pls suggest. 

Asur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 4

Edited

Edited by Asur - 3 months ago
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

Believe me I tried…quit the show and forum for a whole day and a half…

I do watch quite a few OTT shows but the addiction to troll maa is unmatchable

drsimran thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Lol, this is my entertainment is to troll MAA.  However I do like thought provoking content and good historical fiction.  The only reason I hesitate to watch OTT is because of the bad rap they get for harsh language.  Something I can’t watch with family.

What I do is stream good Hindi and American shows on HULU or Sony LIV or the free channels on my Fire TV.

I do recommend you watch old American shows like Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons.  They are family shows you can watch with your teens and young adults.  Based on real life stories of the authors.

Little House is based on Laura Ingalls Wilder and her stories growing up in the late 1800s western USA.  Her books were/are very popular during the 1930s on and were used as literary tools in primary and junior high schools.  In the 70s, they made the books into a show and later 3 movies.

The Waltons-I forgot the book authors name, but it was about a joint family living together during the Depression and World War Two.

If you can find these shows in India, I think the Indian audience will relate with these characters and forget MAA.  Yes I understand that for some the language will be a barrier, but please check it out for yourself. WARNING:  Some episodes of both shows may seem a little childish, but it’s never cringe like MAA.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I would suggest watch these

Katah ankahee- sony TV just ended download app

Ghatbandan - Colors 2019

Kavya- colors