Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I don't get the fish reference but it's no coincidence to me that he targeted an actress that had no film family. And even he eventually recognized her talent since she was his first choice for ADHM which only makes him seem more shortsighted and hypocritical.

I don’t think he targeted her. I think he made a suggestion to his cousin 

An  I think the amount of people waiting for her to return to movies which is not much shows me how well her career went lol

Edited by Maroonporsche - 4 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I don’t think he targeted her. I think he made a suggestion to his cousin 

An  I think the amount of people waiting for her to return to movies which is not much shows me how well her career went lol

This is more than a suggestion.

He said, “I totally wanted to, completely murder Anushka Sharma’s career. Because when Aditya Chopra showed me her image, I was like, ‘no, no, mad or what, you signing her, you crazy! There is no need for you to sign this Anushka Sharma’. There was another lead actress at that time who I wanted Adi to sign and I was totally behind the scene sabotaging her completely. The movie also… I was reluctantly watching Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.”

You talk about fish, but this is straight from the horse's mouth and he literally said he was going behind the scenes sabotaging her career. That is more than a mere suggestion.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/when-karan-johar-wanted-to-murder-anushka-sharmas-career-before-it-even-began-in-rab-ne-bana-di-jodi-after-seeing-her-photo-9064600/

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 4 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Also just as a reminder.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi did more than ‘well.’ Despite not being heavily promoted after the terror attack, it became a blockbuster and raked in Rs 151.6 crore worldwide, according to Sacnilk. It also became the highest-grossing Hindi film of the year overseas, as well as YRF and SRK’s highest-grossing film at the time.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Also just as a reminder.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi did more than ‘well.’ Despite not being heavily promoted after the terror attack, it became a blockbuster and raked in Rs 151.6 crore worldwide, according to Sacnilk. It also became the highest-grossing Hindi film of the year overseas, as well as YRF and SRK’s highest-grossing film at the time.

Maybe Ghajini wouldn’t have overtaken it so quickly with a different girl smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Maybe Ghajini wouldn’t have overtaken it so quickly with a different girl smiley36

Both films were blockbusters but Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was the clear winner overseas and the highest grossing film made by the studio at the time. You can't ask for more than that.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Both films were blockbusters but Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was the clear winner overseas and the highest grossing film made by the studio at the time. You can't ask for more than that.

Ghajini was indias first movie to have 100 crore

Maybe Rab Ne could’ve done it with a new girl smiley36

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Definitely, his equation with SRK got strained after My Name Is Khan (Karan messed with the second Wilhelmina part (most probably because of lack of research...and SRK has a knack for research work). SRK wasn't also very happy about some things in KANK realtive to Dev's character portray...but, well, Karan was his friend.

I guess, they still are friends, albeit on another level. SRK clearly declined a role in SOTY albeit co-producing it (so still supporting Karan).

I think, SRK will always be emotional about Karan as Karan's dying father asked him to watch over him...but this 'watching' certainly has limits.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Ghajini was indias first movie to have 100 crore

As I said in my other thread, Om Shanti Om would have been the first had it not been for Saawariya.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

As I said in my other thread, Om Shanti Om would have been the first had it not been for Saawariya.

Maybe OSO needed Anushka. It’s sounds as if all the films need her only smiley36