Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Ok I didn’t remember this. So ignore what I said about the film being fine. 

I can't remember either but I vaguely remember they have some sort of altercation at the end. 

It's pretty telling that Karan only addresses this in the interview as physical aggressiveness which he apologizes for as he didn't realize there was anything wrong in that, but then qualifies that by saying he does not regret Ayan's relentlessness and inability to give up. To top it off, he justifies all of his behavior by saying he was a lover and did it all in the name of love. I'm sure many men who throw acid on women who reject them also consider themselves lovers.

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Vanga is dev manoos compared to KJo smiley36.

Edited by Cpt.DudleySmith - 4 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

It was mentioned in this thread and I've quoted it below. So sexual harassment rather than sexual assault. But some could argue that forcibly kissing her twice, especially right before her wedding and when she's dying from cancer and already weak, could be characterized as assault as well.

I haven’t seen ADHM but I have seen clips of Ayan trying to forcibly kiss Alizeh at her wedding.  That is most definitely sexual assault.  Just because KJo didn’t acknowledge it in the movie or afterwards doesn’t negate that it was SA.  Oh and iirc from the clip Alizeh pushes him away and suddenly she’s the bad guy and he’s the poor mistreated lover boy 🙄🤬 

From everything I’ve heard and read about ADHM it is a problematic movie.  The fact that KJo claims Ayan was autobiographical is rather worrisome.  My personal speculation is that he’s remained bitter and resentful about this unrequited love and since the couldn’t do anything about it in real life he symbolically took his revenge via ADHM by killing Alizeh.  In retrospect he’s lucky the public didn’t do a deep dive analysis of Ayan= KJo because he wouldn’t have come out good there.  

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I haven’t seen ADHM but I have seen clips of Ayan trying to forcibly kiss Alizeh at her wedding.  That is most definitely sexual assault.  Just because KJo didn’t acknowledge it in the movie or afterwards doesn’t negate that it was SA.  Oh and iirc from the clip Alizeh pushes him away and suddenly she’s the bad guy and he’s the poor mistreated lover boy 🙄🤬 

From everything I’ve heard and read about ADHM it is a problematic movie.  The fact that KJo claims Ayan was autobiographical is rather worrisome.  My personal speculation is that he’s remained bitter and resentful about this unrequited love and since the couldn’t do anything about it in real life he symbolically took his revenge via ADHM by killing Alizeh.  In retrospect he’s lucky the public didn’t do a deep dive analysis of Ayan= KJo because he wouldn’t have come out good there.  

Not only does he not acknowledge it as something criminal in the movie, he doubles down on it by having Ayan forcibly kiss Alizeh at the end of the movie and having Ayan say he does not regret what he did. And Karan said he stood by this in his interview.

I never read Karan's autobiography but I know his book goes into his lost love and what a trauma it was to him without going into many details. Online, people said that his unreciprocated love was connected to Twinkle. It's safe to say that Karan's lost love is not Akshay so it must have been an old boyfriend of Twinkle's before she got married. 

I think it's very common for writers/creators in their fiction writings to try and change reality to fit their perspective to try and get closure. I'm reminded of JK Rowling who said that Pansy Parkinson, Hermione's bully in Harry Potter, was based off of a girl who bullied her so she made sure that Pansy did not get a happy ending in Harry Potter. Similarly, Hermione was based off of herself and Ron was based off of a boy she liked in real life. Unlike in the Harry Potter books, the real Ron never liked JK/Hermione back so she admitted to putting them together in the books as a form of wish fulfillment even if it didn't make sense. Years later, she admitted it was a mistake to pair Ron and Hermione together.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Not only does he not acknowledge it as something criminal in the movie, he doubles down on it by having Ayan forcibly kiss Alizeh at the end of the movie and having Ayan say he does not regret what he did. And Karan said he stood by this in his interview.

I never read Karan's autobiography but I know his book goes into his lost love and what a trauma it was to him without going into many details. Online, people said that his unreciprocated love was connected to Twinkle. It's safe to say that Karan's lost love is not Akshay so it must have been an old boyfriend of Twinkle's before she got married. 

I think it's very common for writers/creators in their fiction writings to try and change reality to fit their perspective to try and get closure. I'm reminded of JK Rowling who said that Pansy Parkinson, Hermione's bully in Harry Potter, was based off of a girl who bullied her so she made sure that Pansy did not get a happy ending in Harry Potter. Similarly, Hermione was based off of herself and Ron was based off of a boy she liked in real life. Unlike in the Harry Potter books, the real Ron never liked JK/Hermione back so she admitted to putting them together in the books as a form of wish fulfillment even if it didn't make sense. Years later, she admitted it was a mistake to pair Ron and Hermione together.

Much of Harry Potter is inspired by other great works of literature like Matilda. It is also heavily inspired by J.K. Rowling's own life a whole lot. The whole reason death became a major theme in the book is she was dealing with the death of many important figures in her life. Storytellers do this. They make-believe what would be an ideal world in their mind. Sometimes putting objective moral sense behind. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

That’s so F’ed up.  

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

If I'm not wrong, Karan's 'love of his life' had been another gay man who opted for a 'convenient marriage' (settling in USA)...and SRK was only possible as friend and 'big brother'. So, he had to settle himself with his 'protegés'.

Getting more and more power in the filmindustry (thanks to his father's production house and the international success of his movies with SRK), he also got more and more 'shady' (imo).

He was a nice guy...until 2006/2007, I would say... (just my perception).

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

If I'm not wrong, Karan's 'love of his life' had been another gay man who opted for a 'convenient marriage' (settling in USA)...and SRK was only possible as friend and 'big brother'. So, he had to settle himself with his 'protegés'.

Getting more and more power in the filmindustry (thanks to his father's production house and the international success of his movies with SRK), he also got more and more 'shady' (imo).

He was a nice guy...until 2006/2007, I would say... (just my perception).

I wonder who the man connected to Twinkle is then if he's not the great love of his life. After SRK, it's definitely Fawad Khan that Karan had the hots for. SRK and Karan also seem less close this last decade or so and I wonder if anything in that has to do with Karan's feelings for him.

There were also rumors that he and Sidharth were a thing.

He did seem a lot nicer earlier on. I also don't think it's a coincidence that his films deteriorated in quality around the same his personality changed and his focus began to be on cultivating new talent with nepo babies who would owe their careers to him as a godfather and he would have their famous parents obligated to him as well. Much easier to control this new talent and their families then the stars he was working with (this may also explain why he doesn't like Sara so much compared to Janhvi, Ananya, and Alia because Sara's parents are still the most influential out of this group. Jahnvi was the only other one who would have had some influence but Sridevi passed away and Boney Kapoor seems more involved with his son's career). 

I wonder if his father's death also caused some of these changes or made his true colors surface as he did not need to worry about a patriarchal figure keeping him in check. Keep in mind, this is the same guy who originally did not like Anushka and wanted Aditya Chopra to remove her from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. There's video of him saying he wanted to kill her career (before killing her in ADHM!)

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Keep in mind, this is the same guy who originally did not like Anushka and wanted Aditya Chopra to remove her from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

What’s wrong in it ? Did Anushka change the world ? No she just stuck around long enough to catch the fish lol. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

What’s wrong in it ? Did Anushka change the world ? No she just stuck around long enough to catch the fish lol. 

I don't get the fish reference but it's no coincidence to me that he targeted an actress that had no film family. And even he eventually recognized her talent since she was his first choice for ADHM which only makes him seem more shortsighted and hypocritical.

Out of the main actresses who were in the major films for the 2010s, Anushka was actually my favorite. Good dynamic with Shahrukh and Ranveer and also both a Yash Chopra heroine and a Dharma heroine. Unlike rival Deepika, she actually worked with all three Khans. She filled the role of a bubbly, feisty heroine that was missing since both Juhi and Preity had left the screens.

Her and Deepika were the ones I liked most this last decade. Parineeti fizzled out, Katrina I only liked in SRK/Salman films, and Priyanka I lost all interest in after her messy behavior and arrogance.