Would Rahul would have dumped Anjali if her father hadn't died in K3G?

sulini76 thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

I doubt it that he would've been truly done with Anjali because he was in tears when he promised his father he will do what he says. I don't think he would've married Naina because she didn't want to marry someone who loved someone else. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

He was on his way to break up with Anjali and only stopped once he saw her father was dead and she had completely fallen apart and had no one in her life.

sulini76 thumbnail

I know that was his intention but I question whether he would have really gone through with it. Considering he didn’t agree with his father that Anjali can’t be a good fit for his family, maybe not. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I don't know. I didn't think he would do it but he was so disturbed by his father's reaction that it seems to me like he had made up his mind to end his relationship with Anjali, although I don't think he would have married Naina either. Nor would Naina marry him at that point and I think she would have defended his intentions to be with Anjali but sadly she drops out of the film then.

It reminds me of in Baghban where Salman is going to introduce Mahima as his fiance to his parents. He says if they don't approve of her, he won't marry her out of respect to his parents but he would never marry anyone else either.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't think so. But he wouldn't have married her in a rush. 

Yes

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I dont think he would have ever dumped anjali, he loved her so much, I think he would have worked harder at trying to convince his dad to accept her.

Anjalis dad dying just made rahul marry her quicker, even if he hadn't had died I feel he would have eventually married her. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

How do we know what a fictional character in a movie would have done??smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

How do we know what a fictional character in a movie would have done??smiley36

If it's a Karan Johar film and the heroine doesn't love the hero back, she will be killed off with cancer as punishment.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Yes.  He went there to break up with her.  Rahul was all about pleasing his father who was very good at controlling and manipulating his family.  Marrying Anjali was an impulsive decision because her father had died and he essentially wanted to become her and her minor sister’s caretaker.  It was motivated by his love for her but it was still an impulsive decision. 

Didn’t Naina let him go when she realized Rahul and his Mom weren’t happy with the marriage arrangement?  This should be the main question.  After Rahul breaks up with Anjali would Naina succumb to family pressure like Rahul did and marry him or would she stand her ground and refuse to marry a man who didn’t love her, prompting Yash Raichand to find another rich single socialite for Rahul played by Preity Zinta?  

I might have mentioned this before but years ago I was at this old Bollywood forum where a group of Kajol fans were saying K3G was payback for KKHH because Kajol got SRK over Rani this time smiley36