Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

The question should be has Ananya had an opportunity to an emotionally intense and layered scene?  Alia got roasted for Sadak2 and Heart of Stone and Brahmstra. Alia’s so called talent is highly highly dependent on script and director.  The reason Ananya is getting praise for KGHK is perhaps due to the tight script (haven’t seen the movie myself yet).  There’s no reason to think that if given a Highway or a Darlings that she won’t be at the same level as Alia.  

Yes there is. Because Alia even in mediocre films is better than Ananya is good movies. IMO. I have a really strong opinion here. You know me. You know I have historically not liked Alia. In fact, even at the time there were actresses like Yami, Illiana that had the same level if not more acting potential than her. But she is above Ananya in my book by miles. IMO .

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 4 months ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

That being said I hope she does not win best actress for Rocky aur Rani this year. She was good. But not the performance of the year. There were performance even in short films that were better then her. Performance of the last year for sure. Even people I know with film making degrees were left spellbound by her performance in Gangu Bhai.  They think her hubby is highly overrated. But she is far more deserving of the accolades she gets compared to him. They have not seen highway. The only other movie of Aloos they have seen was Udta Punjab because they are huge fans of Diljit's acting. Even though his acting range is not as amazing as Vicky Kaushal. They felt Aloo was great in that movie too.

Point being I am not a blind fan. Neither are the people whose opinions I really really respect. But the truth is the truth.

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Aloo >>>ananya

Idk i cant see annie do udta punjab or 2states or raazi....there is something very annoying about her. Also she has 2 left feet. Moves like a stick robot. Her dancing in soty is stuff of nightmares

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

That being said I hope she does not win best actress for Rocky aur Rani this year. She was good. But not the performance of the year. There were performance even in short films that were better then her. Performance of the last year for sure. Even people I know with film making degrees were left spellbound by her performance in Gangu Bhai.  They think her hubby is highly overrated. But she is far more deserving of the accolades she gets compared to him. They have not seen highway. The only other movie of Aloos they have seen was Udta Punjab because they are huge fans of Diljit's acting. Even though his acting range is not as amazing as Vicky Kaushal. They felt Aloo was great in that movie too.

Point being I am not a blind fan. Neither are the people whose opinions I really really respect. But the truth is the truth.

I understand and respect your opinion.  I will however respectfully object to the verbiage here, if I may.  I don’t think using the word “truth” applies in this context. Judging an artist’s performance is ultimately a subjective matter.  

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I understand and respect your opinion.  I will however respectfully object to the verbiage here, if I may.  I don’t think using the word “truth” applies in this context. Judging an artist’s performance is ultimately a subjective matter.  

Ok I respect your judgment. But I can bet anyone a million bucks on this. Ananya in a million years with all the opportunities will not be able to garner the same respect as Aloo as an actress. The subjective opinion is she just doesn’t have the ability in her. But no need to debate that. 

Now had you made the same argument you did with Kiara Advani instead of Ananya it would have been a completely different story. Kiara in lust stories proves she is worthy of an Oscar. With all the oppurtnuties given to Aloo she would have been in the legend category. But the same argument doesn't apply to Ananya. Because potential always is limited to some extent. And that is the case with Ananya. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I have watched half of Kho Gaye Hum Kahan. So far I don't see any proof of Ananya reaching Alia levels. Her performance is good .. but purely on context of her other crap performances. It is hardly a challenging role to begin with (based on whatever I have seen). Siddhant may look crappy, but in the scenes where they are sharing scren space, you can see the difference in performance - Sid seems so much at ease while you can see the effort Ananya has to put in to be convincing in her role. 

Acting might be subjective and all, but there is a bare minimum objectiveness of skill involved which cannot be argued against. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I avoid alia bhatt movies now, last time I watched her movie was in 2016. I tried to watch dreamgirl 2 since I liked the first dreamgirl movie but as soon as I see Ananya in the movie I get annoyed. I don't know why I have to be forced to watch ananya, I keep watching her movies because of the lead actors she does movies with. How annoying these star kids with no talent like ananya gets every film. I request ananya and alia to do movies with actors or actresses I don't want to watch lol 

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Melody Maniacs

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I have watched half of Kho Gaye Hum Kahan. So far I don't see any proof of Ananya reaching Alia levels. Her performance is good .. but purely on context of her other crap performances. It is hardly a challenging role to begin with (based on whatever I have seen). Siddhant may look crappy, but in the scenes where they are sharing scren space, you can see the difference in performance - Sid seems so much at ease while you can see the effort Ananya has to put in to be convincing in her role. 

Acting might be subjective and all, but there is a bare minimum objectiveness of skill involved which cannot be argued against. 

Exactly this! 

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Does that mean she will also end up with her now crush, future husband Aryansmiley36

Aryan, bhaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Ananya "Not Coy" Kapoorsmiley36

Is Aditya being SidMalhotrafiedsmiley36?

Edited by Daebak - 4 months ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Daebak

Does that mean she will also end up with her now crush, future husband Aryansmiley36

Aryan, bhaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Ananya "Not Coy" Kapoorsmiley36

Is Aditya being SidMalhotrafiedsmiley36?

that is fine. She can marry her crush and let me marry mine. Well in my fantasy land. smiley36