Frequent Posters

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 months ago

Suhana is going to be next Aliasmiley36

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrChatVsNorway

not with that kamwali types facecard darling .. there I said it .. it’s new years .. I seek forgiveness but facts have to be spoken right .. 

Yes lets all mis behave and say it was a faux paux smiley36

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

I think Ananya could do a highway. What’s so difficult in that role? Even after SOTY people thought Alia couldn’t do such roles. 

Other than Gangubai, there’s no other role that Alia has done that any other actress with the director actor can’t do as well. She’s really not that extraordinary so let’s calm down. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I think Ananya could do a highway. What’s so difficult in that role? Even after SOTY people thought Alia couldn’t do such roles. 

Other than Gangubai, there’s no other role that Alia has done that any other actress with the director actor can’t do as well. She’s really not that extraordinary so let’s calm down. 

Highway in the first half is a pretty difficult role to pull off. She has to show that there is a reason behind her actions and the relationship between the kidnapper and the victim would come off rather strange if she came off as flat. The confrontation scene was good but I would say the first half is much harder to perform. 

A non-actor could have done Dear Zindagi out of all of Alia's roles and it makes sense since Katrina was the first choice for that one. Shaandar too but did anyone watch that? People have pulled off movies like 2 States before. 

Gangubai, Udta Punjab and Darlings are her best. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Of course, of course.. Ananya can totally do this without making a fool out of herself. Yes, Aloo's nostrils flare in scenes like these. Yes, it might be a body movement she can not control. Yes, Randeep Hooda was even better then Aloo in this movie. It was totally unfair Aloo got ALL the attention when the even better performance was ignored. 

But no Ananya has not demonstrated the ability to do a scene as intense and emotionally layered as this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBQ7NMm2faA

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 4 months ago
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Honestly I think Alia is highly overrated. But that is what Karan johar next dream is, make ananya the next Alia and get ananya Aditya get married. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bekind

Honestly I think Alia is highly overrated. But that is what Karan johar next dream is, make ananya the next Alia and get ananya Aditya get married. 

If he wants to (I don't understand what he will gain from it), he can do the first part. But the second part? Yeh bhi kya zaroori hai kya? smiley19

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

But that is what Karan johar next dream is, make ananya the next Alia and get ananya Aditya get married. 

How is that his dream ?

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

How is that his dream ?

dream that is coming to a reality lol

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

But no Ananya has not demonstrated the ability to do a scene as intense and emotionally layered as this. 

The question should be has Ananya had an opportunity to an emotionally intense and layered scene?  Alia got roasted for Sadak2 and Heart of Stone and Brahmstra. Alia’s so called talent is highly highly dependent on script and director.  The reason Ananya is getting praise for KGHK is perhaps due to the tight script (haven’t seen the movie myself yet).  There’s no reason to think that if given a Highway or a Darlings that she won’t be at the same level as Alia.