Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Sanctuary in France ? Like hunchback of notre dame ? https://youtu.be/6JgnDxV7ObU?feature=shared

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

https://youtu.be/8vRCo7Dyw5c?si=JFTLk0Aih9i5fEZh

There are so many victims of this scam 🤦‍♀️ why would anyone risk their lives like this? 

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I had no clue this was an issue until I watched the video.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/us-canada-news/97000-indians-held-trying-to-enter-illegally-us-customs/articleshow/104926001.cms?from=mdr

Edited by Petrichor80 - 4 months ago
blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

smiley19

SmittenKitt3n thumbnail

It's really disheartening to see people going to such extremes in the pursuit of a better life.

I've talked to a few people in real who got tangled up in the "Donkey" scheme, and they'd do anything to rewind time and escape the haunting experiences that continue to traumatize them.

What makes it even more heartbreaking is that they often realize the gravity of what they signed up for when it's too late. Imagine being confined in a bag with someone who tragically didn't survive, their lifeless body beside you for hours. Or the agony of helplessly watching boats full of people you know sink while crossing seas or oceans, all while families back home remain blissfully unaware of their deaths for months – just a glimpse into the harrowing tales I've come across, all rooted in their hopes for a better life abroad.

Dunki is the first film I know of that tackles this issue. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

It breaks my heart whenever I hear about people losing their lives in the illegal immigration process. I was lucky to live a privileged life and immigrate very easily, so I don't know what it feels like to desire illegal immigration. But I know a lot of people who chose this option are facing extreme poverty, violence, and hopeless dead ends in their home country. 

I hope that a movie like Dunki makes them weigh their options more carefully. I also think there needs to be more information about visas, immigration, and options. 

For example, in the case of Jagdish Patel, the family made it to Toronto. Toronto is a major metropolitan city in Canada. It has a thriving South Asian population. Why did they choose to cross from Toronto to the USA? The USA is nice, but not all that great. And Canada has so many more visa options. You could find employment in caregiving and get a visa. Quebec has a need for skilled laborers and gives out trade visas easily. 

And overall, there are so many countries in the world to immigrate to that are actually easier to immigrate to than the UK or USA. And you might even have a better life there. There are also many nations that will offer temporary work visas to agricultural or trade laborers. So many ways to temporarily earn in foreign currency without the mortal risks. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

This is so 💔 to read..

I wish people would realise that living in home country is always better than trying to immigrate illegally to other countries abroad.