Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

Posted: 4 months ago

Yes, in that era... we didn't really detested psycho lovers as much. So yeh I rooted for SRak. Later,  I rooted for Sunny. 

But it's not a movie I liked. Though I loved Anjam and rooted for SRK.  I forgive myself, I was just a teen.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

You forgot to mention Aishwarya was the first choice smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

You forgot to mention Aishwarya was the first choice smiley36

I knew I didn't need to exert myself because you or someone else would do it for me. Right on cue.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: carisma2

Yes, in that era... we didn't really detested psycho lovers as much. So yeh I rooted for SRak. Later,  I rooted for Sunny. 

But it's not a movie I liked. Though I loved Anjam and rooted for SRK.  I forgive myself, I was just a teen.

I'm the opposite. I really hated his character in Anjaam. In Darr, he still felt sympathetic, romantic and just mentally sick whereas in Anjaam, he came across like a vicious, evil sociopath. I didn't like the husband in there either (when he slaps Madhuri for rejecting SRK) so neither man in Anjaam was much of a catch but SRK has never played a more despicable character than he did in Anjaam.

Witcher thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Yes I did root for SRK because I love his pairing with Juhi. And Sunny was not worthy of Juhi. Does this post make sense? No but at that time I didn’t think about logic and sense. 

SRK and Juhi are the best pairing in BW history 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Witcher

Yes I did root for SRK because I love his pairing with Juhi. And Sunny was not worthy of Juhi. Does this post make sense? No but at that time I didn’t think about logic and sense. 

SRK and Juhi are the best pairing in BW history 

Films are of a nature that sometimes it's only about being swept up by the emotions and logic and sense have no bearing. This is especially true in a Yash Chopra film where the only thing valid are feelings and the heart behind it for that's what gives beauty to his dream world.

Love the SRK/Juhi love. Want desperately to see them reunited onscreen.

sulu82 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I also want Darr's sequel or prequel.  for following reasons:

1. Rahul's parents' backstory

2. His childhood story

3. Rahul's college flashback 

4. Did Juhi really love Rahul when they were in the college?

5. who is Kiran? /or Juhi hiding something? 

Edited by sulu82 - 4 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: sulu82

I also want Darr's sequel or prequel.  for following reasons:

1. Rahul's parents' backstory

2. His childhood story

3. Rahul's college flashback 

4. Did Juhi really love Rahul when they were in the college?

5. who is Kiran? /or Juhi hiding something? 

They need to pull the same twist that The Phantom of the Opera sequel, Love Never Dies, did that SRK and Juhi actually had a baby together from one intimate night and years later SRK turns out to be alive and discovers the truth that Juhi and Sunny's son is really his son.

Witcher thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I really hope they do a movie together. The last one was bhotnath and it wasn’t even about them.

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Films are of a nature that sometimes it's only about being swept up by the emotions and logic and sense have no bearing. This is especially true in a Yash Chopra film where the only thing valid are feelings and the heart behind it for that's what gives beauty to his dream world.

Love the SRK/Juhi love. Want desperately to see them reunited onscreen.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Yesterday had been one of the times I don't rewatch a movie just for celebrating it..24th of December is another kind of celebration smiley1

To answer your question, RPA, no, I didn't root for Rahul...neither did I for Sunny's character, I only rooted for Kiran...and felt relief that Rahul was really in love with her so that his stalking didn't end in physically harm her...that's the SRK he was in abundance in his movies...except KHKN and Anjaam, his genuine love didn't make him - deliberately - negative towards his love interest (as far as I remember).

I had pity with Rahul and was angry with his father who had not enough paternal love to seek professional help for his son who went into denial after his mother had died building two relationships only existing in himself.

He denied that his mother was dead, he denied that Kiran wasn't in love with him, he denied that Sunil had been Kiran's genuine love interest. He even denied to continue to live because not getting Kiran's love (which made the climax scene heart-wrenching for me). I would have wished another life for him. 

Rahul was a deeply suffering man (contrary to Anjaam where he had played an utterly spoiled brat with a criminal mind...a dangerous psychopath of another kind).

Sunil had been an unsympathetic character (to me)...all superficial macho...the battle-hardened Navy officer there to 'protect' the damsell in distress.