Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 months ago

I don't like Kajol but she was amazing in K3G

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I don't like Kajol but she was amazing in K3G

SRK and Kajol are Rahul and Anjali. They are irreplaceable, right down to retaining their names from KKHH and KKHH's title song being part of the score for Suraj Hua Maddham. And of course, the theme playing when Rani confesses her feelings to SRK. This dynamic would not work if Kajol wasn't in the role so this casting was for the best.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Attempted to channel Geet but ended up failing miserably.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Attempted to channel Geet but ended up failing miserably.

Ummm no. This was a biopic. Aishwarya was only trying to channel one person and that is the great Dalbir Kaur. There's a time and place for jokes but this isn't one of them. This film was made to showcase the bravery of Sarbjit and his family and the trials they went through as they faced injustice. This was a serious film, not a comedic farce, so Aish's focus was only to bring some humanity to this story and share it with the world.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/bollywood/110516/aishwarya-is-the-perfect-dalbir-sarabjit-s-sister-dalbir.html

She also adds that when she saw Aishwarya in the film, she thought that the actress was the perfect choice to play her. "She has performed the scenes brilliantly. The angry confrontations gave me goosebumps. I never thought that Aishwarya could be so dabang like me," says Dalbir.

She adds, "She learnt Punjabi for the character. The brother-sister scenes were canned superbly only because of Aishwarya. I am sure Sarbjit will rekindle the fire in audiences, especially in those who are facing such problems."

Regardless of what people think of Aish as an actress, this is one of the roles I am most proud of for her taking because she shed light to this story and helped raise awareness, especially for those in similar situations as Sarbjit. To have Dalbir personally comment that Aish channeled her perfectly means Aish did Dalbir justice. Rather than be facetious we should commend her for that.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 5 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I don't know what's so hysterical about it but since you're in the mood to laugh, here's more content. Most people would tear up at this but I know some cry and laugh at the same time so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/i-broke-down-watching-aishwarya-rai-bachchan-in-sarbjit-says-dalbir-kaur-2779418.html

"Aishwarya has done justice to the character. In fact, all the actors have been true to their part and have portrayed the emotions beautifully, be it joy, sorrow, pain, wait, fear, faith. I would get very emotional whenever I saw Aishwarya and Richa shoot for the film. In one scene, Aishwarya was on the phone, and she was being informed about Sarabjit. She was speaking exactly like how I had spoken back then. I broke down watching her.”

The making of the biopic has obviously been an emotional journey for Dalbir, who fought for over 23 years for her brother's release. “For people, a film was being made. But for me, it was like history repeating itself. I was remembering all the past incidents, and the pain that I had gone through,” says Dalbir, further adding, “I just wanted someone to present the story well, because Sarbjit is a story that everyone already knows. People would want to watch it because they want to know the details about what happened with him. I want the truth to be out."

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

I dont care what she could or couldn’t have pulled but there’s no way in hell she could have done Anjali better than Kajol in K3G. 

Yeah that was a role made for Kajol. Not to mention her chemistry with SRK is on another Level than Aishwarya's with SRK

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Aishwarya and Alka Yagnik have same hairstyle to hide their double chin 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Journey95

Yeah that was a role made for Kajol. Not to mention her chemistry with SRK is on another Level than Aishwarya's with SRK

SRK and Kajol had good chemistry but cmon Aishwarya and SRK looked so gorgeous onscreen. They’re the most underrated pair ever. This 13 minute performance makes up for all their sad endings. 😭

https://youtu.be/jwFPn869klY?si=YyW6ZInWYwxaBJsc

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

I dont care what she could or couldn’t have pulled but there’s no way in hell she could have done Anjali better than Kajol in K3G. 

It would have been another Anjali...we didn't get to experience  h e r  Anjali as Kajol accepted the role (what a strange behaviour from Karan's side to first narrate the story to Aish and telling her he would like to cast her but 'had to ask' Kajol before).

I think, Ameesha could have been a good counterpart to SRK, especially because he initially wanted her after Rani declined because of the subject (she just had done - or was doing when SRK asked her first - a very similar role with Vivek Oberoi).

As far as I know, Aish had told SRK that she would like to be paired as a love interest with him (after Josh). Interestingly it happened two times but didn't end in a 'happy end'... 

In HTHS, she was just a fleeting existence as Salman's girlfriend...and in Shakti they were together in a hot item song. Then Kuch Naa Kaho with Abhishek happened and they only were together on screen to affirm that they couldn't live as a happy couple in a movie...

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Where did he say she was the first choice?smiley23

Back then, Karan always wrote his female character with Kajol in mind. The only reason he thought Kajol wouldn't do the film was because she had a miscarriage at that time and so he had Aishwarya as back up in mind in case his FIRST choice didnt want to do it.