Reema Kagti:underrated female director of BW

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

"Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.," her directorial debut released in 2007. The film was a refreshing take on the romantic comedy genre, weaving together multiple narratives of newlywed couples on a package honeymoon. Kagti showcased her ability to handle an ensemble cast and create a light-hearted yet thought-provoking film.

However, it was her second directorial venture, "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within" (2012), that truly showcased her directorial prowess. The film, a psychological horror-thriller, showcased her storytelling skills as she successfully blended suspense, drama, and supernatural elements to create a gripping narrative.

I have a feeling she is the brains behind Made in Heaven also. Somehow, the charachters and storytelling style is more hers than Zoya Akhtar's.

Truly I really like her films and wish she was more active.

Thoughts on her????

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She was a writer in Archie’s 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Honeymoon Travels was really fun. Haven't watched Talaash as I know the twist :( 

Gold was awful though

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

I think she was behind Dahaad too and I LOVE THAT series (it scares me, but I love it)

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Honeymoon Travels was really fun. Haven't watched Talaash as I know the twist :

Gold was awful though

I think you should still give it a try! I've watched the movie a few times by now and it still gives me chills even though I know whats happening. Soo good.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Honeymoon Travels was really fun. Haven't watched Talaash as I know the twist :( 

I knew the twist but that didn't stop me from enjoying it the first time I watched it. Watched it a bunch of times again, and each time I find something new to love about it. I think it's one of the finest movies of previous decade.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Oh wow, maybe I will watch it this weekend then smiley14 Thanks folks