Which of these 90s or 00s pairing was a missed opportunity by BW? - Page 3

Poll

Which of these 90s/00s contemporaries pairing is a missed opportunity by Bollywood?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Both of the ones you listed here would be the ones I'd want to see most.

From your poll, my main interest is Aish/Saif. Surprisingly enough they never even did an ad together. Saif did want Aish for Parineeta though.

https://www.filmibeat.com/bollywood/features/2020/saif-ali-khan-wanted-to-romance-aishwarya-rai-in-parineeta-was-sceptical-about-was-vidya-balan/articlecontent-pf310254-300014.html

Not on your poll, I would have loved to have seen Preity and Shahid paired together in the 2000s.

Preity and Said would have made a good pair. Although ageist audience would have definitely made some noise, like many complained during Dil Bole Haddipa.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Salman - Juhi pair for sure. It would have been cool love story for sure.

Blueberry94 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

yeah i.would like them in a film.

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

From the list, Kareena/John would have been explosive.

Overall, I'd say Juhi/Salman deserved a full-fledged romantic comedy.

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

The Magic we deserved, but never got 😭😭😭

download (2).jpeg

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: diasingh2

I love OSO for fun cameos like this. I think they were considered for some films back in early 2000s, when Amisha was going strong ... but nothing materialized.

Yes, Amisha confirmed she was asked to do Chalte Chalte but her manager rejected it without telling her. She had no idea she was supposed to do the film until she was recording for Humraaz at the same studio where SRK was recording for Chalte Chalte. SRK came up to her and told her he wanted her to see a glimpse of the movie she had rejected. Amisha was confused and that's when she learned that SRK had asked her to do the movie but her manager had never even informed her. 

Amisha said the same problem occurred with Bhansali. Bhansali and her manager did not get along so Bhansali wanted Amisha to do some of his films but could not get her as he wouldn't speak to her manager and vice-versa.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Its surprising they have not worked together yet.

Priyanka has also not worked with Aamir. I know she had issues with SRK and Salman (as well as Akshay) so I have no idea what caused Aamir never to work with her.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Preity and Said would have made a good pair. Although ageist audience would have definitely made some noise, like many complained during Dil Bole Haddipa.

I remember that narrative during Dil Bole Hadippa that she was past her prime and working with her junior. Also that she was trying to make herself appear younger and sexier with some of the steamy moments in the Dil Bole Hadippa title song.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I remember that narrative during Dil Bole Hadippa that she was past her prime and working with her junior. Also that she was trying to make herself appear younger and sexier with some of the steamy moments in the Dil Bole Hadippa title song.

I think Rani complemented Shahid very well. The casual ageism around actresses disgusts me.

Its weird Rani was getting body-shamed around late 2007/early 2008 for gaining weight and going out of shape. And when she got "fitt", she was still made fun of. Says a lot about out audience.