Which of these 90s or 00s pairing was a missed opportunity by BW?

Poll

Which of these 90s/00s contemporaries pairing is a missed opportunity by Bollywood?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 months ago

These contemporaries have never worked together (even in a cameo or special appearance) despite their careers (especially their "heydays") overlapping for more than a decade.

There are many others too but they at least did something like:

• Salman-Juhi shared screen space briefly during Salman's cameo in Deewana Mastana and later worked together in Salaam-e-ishq (although not as love-interests).
  • Aishwarya-Aamir shared screen briefly in Mela, as Aishwarya made a cameo.
    etc.
Edited by diasingh2 - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail

Aishwarya & John Abraham. We’ve been robbed I tell ya.

diasingh2 thumbnail

From visual POV, they would've made a terrific pair, particularly around 2006-07 when they both peaked in terms of hotness.smiley43

But acting-wise, both of them would've hammed throughout the film and the audience would've cringed really hard.smiley36

I think it was rumored that John was supposed to do Jazbaa (Aish's comeback film) in 2015, but that didn't happen.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I always said Salman Khan - Deepika Padukone would be nice. But I don’t have that much interest now. Shahid/katrina from your list 

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Shahid katrina. The physics just doesnt work between puny actors like Saif and actressses like Deepika who are much taller than them. I think SRK has to get by with these females by wearing platform shoes or standing on a stool. They make sense only with 5 footers like rani.smiley1

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

From visual POV, they would've made a terrific pair, particularly around 2006-07 when they both peaked in terms of hotness.smiley43

But acting-wise, both of them would've hammed throughout the film and the audience would've cringed really hard.smiley36

I think it was rumored that John was supposed to do Jazbaa (Aish's comeback film) in 2015, but that didn't happen.

I’m a visual creature. When my eyes see two beautiful people onscreen then my ears deafen and my brain shuts down. smiley36

I see no hamming 🙈 

I hear no hamming 🙉 

diasingh2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

Shahid katrina. The physics just doesnt work between puny actors like Saif and actressses like Deepika who are much taller than them. I think SRK has to get by with these females by wearing platform shoes or standing on a stool. They make sense only with 5 footers like rani.smiley1

are you kidding me about Saif and Deepika?

They made a solid pair in Love Aajkal, Cocktail and their chemistry was so good. They even worked in Aarakshan and Race 2 together, and deepika's height was never a problem.

Same for all the films that Deepika has done with SRK.

Saif and Aishwarya in the early 2000s would have made a very good pair, particularly in a rom-com.

They were originally supposed to do Dostana (alongside Abhishek), but the cast was changed since Aish-Abhishek got maried.

diasingh2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I always said Salman Khan - Deepika Padukone would be nice. But I don’t have that much interest now. Shahid/katrina from your list 

I think they were considered many times together but Salman's films after 2010 (barring the Tiger series) had no substantial roles for heroines, so Deepika never signed anything.

Though, We might see Salman and Deepika in one frame (along with Kat and Srk) whenever YRF decides to do make Avengers of the Spyverse.

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

are you kidding me about Saif and Deepika?

They made a solid pair in Love Aajkal, Cocktail and their chemistry was so good. They even worked in Aarakshan and Race 2 together, and deepika's height was never a problem.

Same for all the films that Deepika has done with SRK.

Saif and Aishwarya in the early 2000s would have made a very good pair, particularly in a rom-com.

They were originally supposed to do Dostana (alongside Abhishek), but the cast was changed since Aish-Abhishek got maried.

I have seen Saif irl. In delhi nughtclubs and in London dungeon. Sorry but didnt much care for his looks and i never understood his appeal. 

diasingh2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

I have seen Saif irl. In delhi nughtclubs and in London dungeon. Sorry but didnt much care for his looks and i never understood his appeal. 

That's fine. But he looks good on-screen and that's what matters to most of the audience..

A lot of actors look pathetic IRL but that doesn't mean they would look bad onscreen.