RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Does anyone else wish that these dancing queens of Bollywood had done a film together? Closest we came to that was Dil To Pagal Hai since Urmila was the next choice after Juhi.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ByXzbIYAhI8

Hopefully we can still see some project with the two together since no one ever thought we'd see Madhuri and Juhi together in a movie and even that happened.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

The movies Urmila did in her later years will always be my favorite, great actress. Both Madhuri and Urmila are great dancers and great actresses. They can still do a film together. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

The movies Urmila did in her later years will always be my favorite, great actress. Both Madhuri and Urmila are great dancers and great actresses. They can still do a film together. 

I know Madhuri said in a latest interview that she has a lot of projects for 2024.

Urmila posted promotion for an OTT series a few months ago but that's been mysteriously cancelled and no service has picked it up yet. I'm hoping this strange occurrence does not deter her from acting again.

Yeah I really liked them together. They kind of look similar too. Sometimes I got confused between them. They should’ve do more movies together. They could’ve become a hit pair like Rani and Preity. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bird32

Yeah I really liked them together. They kind of look similar too. Sometimes I got confused between them. They should’ve do more movies together. They could’ve become a hit pair like Rani and Preity. 

I didn't know you were fans of them both. And I agree, they have similarities in looks especially with their wavy brown hair. 

However, just to clarify, they can't do more movies together because they never made a movie together in the first place. Just in case you were confused and thought they had, but I understand your point about them working together. I would have liked to have seen them become a hit pair like Rani and Preity too. They could easily pull off playing sisters.

I think your tastes and mine coincide more when it comes to 90s/2000s actresses, just not the 2010 ones lol.

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I didn't know you were fans of them both. And I agree, they have similarities in looks especially with their wavy brown hair. 

However, just to clarify, they can't do more movies together because they never made a movie together in the first place. Just in case you were confused and thought they had, but I understand your point about them working together. I would have liked to have seen them become a hit pair like Rani and Preity too. They could easily pull off playing sisters.

I think your tastes and mine coincide more when it comes to 90s/2000s actresses, just not the 2010 ones lol.

Never mind. I thought you were talking about Manisha. I didn’t recognize it’s Urmilla. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Never mind. I thought you were talking about Manisha. I didn’t recognize it’s Urmilla. 

Yes, they were in Lajja together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvrkOyKenI

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Urmila did an item song in Lajja but she has no screentime with Madhuri (or Manisha). So that's the only movie Urmila and Madhuri did together. Urmila dances to her song from their shared film here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTRMwoYNsFG/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=5928e071-8e38-46b1-accd-7ba110a13e2b

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I know Madhuri said in a latest interview that she has a lot of projects for 2024.

Urmila posted promotion for an OTT series a few months ago but that's been mysteriously cancelled and no service has picked it up yet. I'm hoping this strange occurrence does not deter her from acting again.

I would've loved to see urmila again in movies. I was excited about her OTT series, wondered why they cancelled it. 

Edited by Terenaina - 3 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

I would've loved to see urmila again in movies. I was excited about her OTT series, wondered why they cancelled it. 

There was never an explanation and Urmila did not comment on it either.

It was a mother/daughter story with drama, mystery, and action. Urmila said it was a role she had never played before. I don't think she's ever played a mom before either.

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/first-poster-urmila-matondkar-make-digital-debut-web-series-tiwari/

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 3 months ago