Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Honestly, this shouldn't come as a surprise at all. She has absolutely no rivals or contemporaries left.

Katrina's career is fading as well as her looks and she's only able to do action roles now, not any serious acting.

Priyanka was exiled from BW. 

Anushka retired.

Alia's success is all PR manufactured by Karan and she doesn't really have any love from audiences.

New generation of "actresses" have completely failed to resonate.

If I'm being honest, I would rather see a 90s/2000s actress be the Queen of Bollywood but if I had to pick one from the later generation, I'm glad it's Deepika. The others are not deserving at all.

that is too much. People likes Alia and IF doesn’t represent the whole audiences!

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SakZ

that is too much. People likes Alia and IF doesn’t represent the whole audiences!

It's true IF doesn't represent the whole audience. Nor YouTube, Instagram, Reddit, or Twitter. But I don't believe her stardom has been earned the way other actresses had to earn it. It was given to her on a plate by KJo and at this point, audiences have just had to accept that if they want to keep up with Bollywood, they have to accept her because she isn't going anywhere. I think many of us wouldn't mind her if not for how she has been forced upon us rather than allowing us the chance to think for ourselves and make up or mind to accept her or not.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: SakZ

Alia is in a different league than DP. No comparison! 
Alia is the most versatile and talented actress of BW right now - DP cannot come close. DP pR can stay happy and declare her queen all they want  with those flower pot roles :) 

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

My god this entire thread looks and feels like a temple.  Koi kuch galti se bol de to paragraphs aaraha he in defence. 

This thread se pata chala uska beauty brand jo koi nahi khareeda wo bhi success he....

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Alia is versatile and talented only on IF.

Outside of IF & social media,  real people love Rani,  Kat, DP, Kareena etc. too..

There are equal number of people who do not like Alia (outside of social platforms) which came as a surprise to me. Because I was under the impression reading on IF that Alia is the be all. 

Alia acting is based on script only. Any of Alia's role can be done by any other good actress. If script is good then Alia will shine, so will any other good actress. Big comnercial movies doesn't suit Alia at all.

Any good actor will shine when script is good for them.

Alya F daughter of Pooja is superb actress. Much much better than Alia but Alya F lacks opportunities. 

Alia is hype star first with kjo blessings and she will keep shining cos all good scripts goes to her, doesn't necessarily means she is the best.

Autumnn thumbnail

Most threads on IF nowadays are open to bash DP in the name of praise. Kinda getting obvious now.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Most threads on IF nowadays are open to bash DP in the name of praise. Kinda getting obvious now.

Not this one. I was tired of the constant Deepika threads being created to insult her, usually over some nonsense like a swimsuit or KWK, so I wanted to showcase some positivity as well.

And even Deepika haters must admit that 2023 has been a banner year for her. Are they so small-hearted that they cannot even confess this?

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Outside of IF & social media,  real people love Rani,  Kat, DP, Kareena etc. too..

There are equal number of people who do not like Alia (outside of social platforms) which came as a surprise to me. Because I was under the impression reading on IF that Alia is the be all. 

Alia acting is based on script only. Any of Alia's role can be done by any other good actress. If script is good then Alia will shine, so will any other good actress. Big comnercial movies doesn't suit Alia at all.

Any good actor will shine when script is good for them.

Alya F daughter of Pooja is superb actress. Much much better than Alia but Alya F lacks opportunities. 

Alia is hype star first with kjo blessings and she will keep shining cos all good scripts goes to her, doesn't necessarily means she is the best.

100% this.

In the real world, audiences still love the 90s and 2000s actresses. Alia does not come close to that level of popularity and appeal. Ask the average person who their favorite is and it'll be a Madhuri, Sridevi, Rani, Aishwarya, Deepika, etc. more often than not. Alia is not placed on their level outside of IF and Filmfare.

Her "stardom" is all fabricated and carefully manufactured by KJo who has even made sure that she has no contemporaries to challenge her. Whatever big roles there are, are given to her automatically. Remember when KJo and Alia were trying to get her the role in Dilwale and were irate when Rohit Shetty cast Kriti Sanon instead. KJo was so desperate to make Varun and Alia the new SRK and Kajol by pairing both couples together but that failed. Then Varun became damaged goods at the box office, so KJo moved onto Ranveer and now proclaims that Ranveer and Alia are the new SRK and Kajol. 

It's not that she's an awful actress because as you said, she can be good, but it depends on the director and the strength of the role and any actress can shine in that. When roles are being tailor-made for her then of course she won't struggle. As I said in another thread, I can respect her talent but none of her performances have ever blown me away or left me emotionally moved. She leaves me cold. I tolerate her because I know she's going to be in every movie now so one has to stomach her otherwise. Even Sonam, who is dismissed as a non-actress, has impressed me more often.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

One of the biggest indicators of this is that when Zero came out and all the actresses appeared in their scenes, there were videos all over social media of theater reactions and the level of applause and noise for each actress as she made her debut. Guess which one had the least applause.

Autumnn thumbnail

Respectufully Disagree. No fan opens so much posts on their fav actor. Only those who dislike open them. Some do it in a roundabout way.

Also one post where you had praise her but posted one tweet in it where she was name called badly. No fan will do that ever. Most will not post such tweets even for actors they don't like. That tweet was that bad.

Can't show it now as proof cos mods deleted that post as reported. Normally don't report but that word was uncalled for.

Anyways this my observation. Obviously you won't agree but that's ok let's agree to disagree.