DevRa SS : Its you that matters ||Ch2 Pg2||

Koeli thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Teaser

My dream? To become a ballet dancer. And the next thing I know that dream came crashing down into millions of pieces when I lost the ability to walk properly forget dancing on toes. It not only destroyed me physically, but the mental trauma is what I am still not able to cope up with.
After two years of my stagnant life I am finally resuming. I am going far away from the only life I knew, away from the place that gave me nothing but lifelong

pain to find a new beginning.

And my life did change when I came face to face with Dev Mallik. He was nothing but a jerk. Surprisingly he was the only person who never looked at me oddly,like I am crippled for life. Never once his eyes  traveled towards my embarrassing walk (that's what he said the one who ruined it for me). I didn't know whether to feel good or bad about it. All he was fascinated was how to beat me in everything. I was his sole competitor in the college as far as studies are concerned.

I am Tara Sehgal and this is my story.

Author's Note: Hey guys, I am Koeli, fondly known as Appy on IF. I had started to write this story with my original characters but due to writer's block wasnt able to continue. I feel the plot line will suit Dev and Tara so I would like to continue this as a DevRa story.

Chapter 1

Edited by Koeli - 5 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Koeli thumbnail

Index

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Koeli thumbnail

Chapter 1

"Hello. Can't you take us from some other route?" I asked the cab driver for the third time in past 1 hour. From past 1 hour the cab has hardly moved 1km. Damn! the traffic jams. At this rate I'll never be able to make it to NYC by night.

SHIT. Even after three years of therapy I am not comfortable traveling at night. Damn the plane that reached late. The sun is about to set, I thought gazing at the sky.

"Madame. If you know any other route to NYC please tell me. And in no way i can make this cab fly so stop scowling at me." Cabbie retorted in polite NYC accent.

This is one real effing SHIT.

With a low voice I responded. "I am sorry. I have to report to my agent before evening, or else I will lose on the one & only room I could arrange." Oh God! please don't do this to me. I am almost poverty-stricken.

Think of the devil and the devil calls. Before I could greet, a loud voice echoed through the speaker, almost making me jump.

"HELLO?" And by every chance he likes to rupture my eardrums. gaaah. Such a perfect day.

"Hey." I greet him in a nonchalant voice as i push my phone a little away from my ears before he scolds me for being solid 2 hours late.

"FINALLY she answers. Where the hell are you, Tara? I tried calling you only to hear your boring voicemail. You better have some solid reason or else the room is out of your hands." JERK.

"Ummm. Adam my flight got delayed. Right now I am on my way just stuck in the traffic. Freaking traffic jam. I feel exhausted. But Jonathan says it will take another hour not more than that." I chirped unnecessarily just to cool down his temper while the Cabbie glared at me through his rear-view mirror as I wink at him. "Please Adam. Please hold the room for me. You know my situation where will I go with this broken leg of mine." Gah. I hate myself for begging. But I don't have any choice. It's a do or die situation. Or else I would have never used my inability to get something.

"Who the hell is Jonathan?"

"Erm! The cabbie." I reply in sheepish tone.

"Okay fine. For you and that damn traffic I give you one hour at max. And if you don't show up till evening I will give away the room to someone else." And just like that he hangs up. As I told you JERK.

"Young lady my name isn't Jonathan", he looked at me clearly pissed. "And When did I say the traffic will be cleared in about an hour? It's New York you can never predict." Cabbie states in a matter of fact way as I rolled down the window to check on the traffic. As if it will be less congested than the view from inside.

I sighed. Just like that my life is DOOMED. In no way I can reach in an hour. My eyes felt warm. Shit, I am not going to cry. I have to figure out something and buy more time from Adam.

"And you shouldn't lie. It's bad manners."

"OH! Relax old man. The agent of mine is a big IDIOT. He wouldn't have taken any other excuse." I tell him with a dejected tone.

Luckily I didn't receive any more calls from Adam. Probably he understood that he was way beyond the line. Good for me actually.

After an hour, Peter, the cab driver finally killed the engine. I slid down the window to check the area. It was almost dark and the area seems less crowded. A tingling sensation hits my nerves. Calm down Tara, I try to pacify myself. Adam had assured me that the area is pretty safe. The neighborhood isn't that friendly but it doesn't have any bad reputation either. I have no choice but to go by his words. And this is what I have chosen. It's high time I overcome my fear. I couldn't have stayed with my family forever and let them take care of me like I am some precious object. Neither do I want anyone's pity nor I want to depend on someone for my day-to-day chores. Not even on my mother. I know she loves me and would have taken her third job just so that I don't have to work. But it is unfair on my part. Even she deserves a life. She has given 3 years of her life and her undivided attention. Worked her a** off day and night without any complain. Gave away half of her savings to me so that I can enroll in the college. I owe her a lot. A LOT. With that determination I came here to study, to earn and to give her all the luxuries that she deserves.

"There you go Madame. Your suitcase. Miss you are lucky to get here on time".

He handed me my crutches and after handing him the bills we bid good-bye with a smile on our faces.

This is it. My new life. In New York.

----------------------------------------

My leg protested at first when I tried to walk. Due to the sitting position for long it started throbbing hard. I balanced myself with the help of the crutches and stood still for sometime in order to adjust my muscles. Once the blood circulation went normal I grabbed my suitcase and walked towards the building.

It was a very shabby two storied building with a metal door. I remember opting for a ground floor apartment due to my damaged leg. So I had limited options. And it was also affordable. I was not looking for luxury. We don't have that kind of a money where I can afford a one bedroom house in a fairly posh area. My mother's place is a 1000 sq apartment with a kitchen-cum-dining space and two bedrooms with common bath. It had been my sanctuary, my best friend during those painful days. But now I am all set to have a space which I can call my own. And to do that I have to start planning my future in this house. Can I say I am already looking forward to it? With determination I stopped in front of the door.

I was about to take out the keys when Enrique filled my ears.

Adam calling. Devil I told you.

"Hey, I am standing right in front of the door. Thank god I made it on time."

"You would've been in serious trouble lady. I was about to give that space to someone else."

"Nah, you would not have."

"Actually, I wouldn't Tara. I saw how desperate you were for that house. I am not that much of a jerk as you think."

"How do you know that?"

"Tell me you don't."

"Well, I thought quite a number of times lately." I could hear him laugh, like full belly laugh. "Thank you Adam."

"I am glad I could be of any help Tara." I could hear pity in his voice. Urgh! That was my cue to end the conversation.

"Okay Adam, I will talk to you tomorrow morning once I am settled to figure out the rent details."

"That's okay take your time. If you need anything let me know. I would be more than glad to help."

I disconnected the line and composed myself. This is it. I mentally hugged myself.

I fished out the keys which were sent by Adam from my denim backpack.

----------------

The lights were on when I entered. The sitting area was pretty decent with a three seater sofa in the middle of the hall a wooden table right infront of it. A two seater dinning table was placed near the fireplace. There was a small rack near the window. Aah! that could be totally my book rack I gushed. Maybe later I can buy a bean bag from the nearby walmart. Well I already like that corner. But there was no TV in the room. My mouth turned down thinking I won't be able to watch my favourite TVD marathons. In any case I have lost interest in that since Nina left.

I dropped my bag on the sofa & decided to check the bedroom and kitchen. I stopped dead on track listening to the song blaring from the speakers.

"Every breath you take

Every move you make

Every bond you break

Every step you take

I'll be watching you"

He used to sing this me for me. TARA! I scoffed myself for letting him rule my thoughts yet again.

Wait! Someone is in the house. Already. Maybe my roommate Adam was talking about. But he said she would join next week. Maybe she changed her mind. I hope she is simple like me or else it's going to be really tough. Specially with my condition.

With short steps I walked towards kitchen.

The moment I entered the room a squeal escaped from my throat. I immediately covered my mouth with both the palms. My eyes going wide. I was stunned to see a naked back... of A BOY... My throat just went dry. Not something I expected to feel at all.

I have never seen a naked man. Okay I have seen a whole lot in the movies but that doesn't count. Does it? And right now I am ogling at a perfectly sculpted half naked man in person and that too with a huge tattoo starting from his shoulder and cover his entire bicep. His bronze contours glittered in sweat. Holy mother of God what's happening to me? I have never been this attracted to a guy except Ian somerhalder. But this guy who is very real and standing in this kitchen can give a major competition to any hollywood star. Butterflies took flight in the pit of my stomach seeing his chiseled body.

"See something you like?" his words broke the spell. He turned to face me. Like a shameless girl my eyes roamed from his sexy V to his goofy grin to his sinful grey eyes. He took something from the spoon with his finger and licked it. Holy moses I am f**king dead.

Chapter 2

pyaar2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

And my mouth watered to read Dev Mallik 's description.  He is such a drool worthy fellow. I am on for this story. Will keep in touch. 

pyaar2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I love reading love stories and such beautiful take on Such electrifying leads. 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 5 months ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

res

firewings_diya thumbnail

The teaser looks interesting smiley1 will read it soon smiley1

Res 

Edited by firewings_diya - 5 months ago
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Interesting Teaser I Love Reading This Story.

Please Add Badshah In Too Because I Miss Him In The Show.

smiley9

Edited by SilverBell - 5 months ago
Koeli thumbnail

CHAPTER 2

See something I like? Umm maybe yeah. This deep voice intruded my thoughts. My eyes couldn't help but roam around his tattooed arms. I watched fascinated by the way they flexed as he moved them. My admiration doesn't end there. A little bit done his well-toned six-pack abs blew my mind away. Is this man for real? The V that runs from his abs and hides into his boxer briefs did funny things to my stomach. Stop right there, Tara. Don't go further down. Earth Lady. Something snaps in front of my eyes jolting me out of my daydreams well a very good-looking, ogle-worthy daydream. And my eyes moved to meet his eyes, I was mesmerised by the colour of it. A deeper shade of grey held so much mystery. The moment my eyes landed on his lips it twitched. That smirk on his face...wait OHMIGOD! I am caught staring. My immediate reaction was that my ears started throbbing and I am sure my cheeks were as red as tomatoes. Embarrassing.

"Hello? Where do you go again and again?" He asks incredulously waving his hand in front of me. "Do you talk or are you...?"

"Tara! Get a hold of your train of thought." I scolded myself. I can't let someone get on my nerves like this. I WON'T SWOON OVER THIS GUY. I repeat it as my mantra. But I cannot deny what is happening to me. This is never happened to me before. Not even with...umm. "STOP", damn I said that loud.

Probably he found it amusing. His eyebrows rose and that killer smirk appeared again.

"Sweet Cheeks, I haven't even touched you. And trust me if I touch you, STOP is not something you will say."

I don't even know what to say. I was so shocked hearing his self-obsessed speech. Who does he think he is? And what the hell is he doing in my apartment, Naked? Okay almost naked.

"Who are you?", I ask crossing my arms.

"Ms. Sehgal, I..."

"How do you know my name?", I panicked immediately. It is so creepy. I can feel my anxiety attack coming back. "UGH. Who are you?" I ask him again agitatedly. I need to know who the hell he is and why is he in my apartment. I need him out ASAP.

"Are you okay?" he frowned. "It looks like you are going to pass out. I know your name because you are my roommate".

Roommate? ROOMMATE? "UGH. Sorry. I was expecting a girl as my roommate, not a naked guy." I admit with my eyes roaming everywhere but at him.

"Doll, you should check your eyes. I am not naked. I am wearing my PJs. But since your eyes were glued to my skin the moment you laid it on me, I don't blame you." he chuckles. OH MY! My eyes met his, captivating me for a moment before he broke the spell. YET AGAIN. Gah! And why the hell is he giving me nicknames? To irritate me more he chuckles. The guy has some serious guts.

"Stop with the nicknames. They sound like strippers." I deadpanned. And he guffawed. Gaah.

"Why don't you check out the rest of the house and see yourself? There is no other girl except the one standing right in front of me. But you can try though..." He trails moving towards me with a genuine smile on his lips. The guy can walk. I have never seen someone walk so Tarafully in real life. Is he a model or something? He halts just one or two steps away and bends towards me. OMG! He is going to kiss me. SHIT. I am glued to the spot stuck between him and the couch. I brushed my teeth 10 hours ago to be précised. Wait why am I thinking when I brushed my teeth? I am not letting him kiss me. I don't know him, he doesn't know me so why would I let someone kiss me? I looked at his lips nervously. He has kissable lips like soft and plump. Oh god. I am so dead.

I don't know what made me shut my eyes and decide to feel and be in the moment. Two seconds back I wasn't even ready to kiss this guy. What's his name again? I don't even know his name for god sake and I am ready to kiss this stranger. Correction, I am ready for him to kiss me. I haven't kissed anybody in the last 3 god-damn years. I feel my nerves calm down and wait for the kiss. Which never came. URGH!

"Ms. Sehgal. You're still lost?" He asks and I open my eyes stunned to see him buttoning up his shirt. WAIT. From where did that shirt come from?

And the doorbell goes off. Whatta day. "Nice to meet you Ms. UGH SEHGAL." He goes to attend to the impatient human being on the other side of the door. "COMING." He shouts. He returns to his place. IN FRONT OF ME. "Be back."

I finally decided to move my lazy bum and take a walk around the apartment. Avoiding the room the hot mess just disappeared into I checked out the kitchen, the other bedroom with attached balcony and a bath. I get back to the living room to find myself alone. Thank god he still didn't return. I can't gawk at him anymore. There is something about him that is getting on my nerves. And I can't let that happen yet again.

"Did you find any other girl?" I jump at his voice. There he is. Dressed in a white button-down shirt, sleeves rolled up till his biceps giving me a stunning view of his buffed-up muscles with blue denims hung low on his waist. "Christ!" I muttered audibly. This guy is a living sin. A very attractive sin. I checked him out from top to bottom till he was standing right in front of me. My throat just went dry seeing him smirking at me, almost mockingly.

"NO!" I am surprised to even hear my voice. 

He laughs. A full throaty laugh. And again takes short steps towards me pinning me with a glare. This guy is making it hard for me. Sigh. I am not closing my eyes this time. He bends a little and murmurs, "I am all you are going to have eggplant."

WHAT? "NOOO!" I pushed his chest hard with all my force. He stumbled back a little. Shocked at my sudden burst. Before today I had no clue that I possessed this much amount of force in me. This is so not happening.

"EASY!" He scowls as he holds out his hand as if surrendering. 

Easy? Hell, nothing has been easy for me since that night. NOTHING. And from morning this day has been nothing but a flashback of that day. A shudder went through me. I hate being cornered and NO this time I am not going to let the fear win over. After a beat or two I looked over to find Mr. with grey eyes searching something on my face. God this guy can't make my day any better. I need to buck up and get started with my kinds of stuff.

"Move the hell out of my way." I snarled at him. He looked everywhere but at me as if I shouted at anyone else in the room. "MOVE!" I motioned him to move aside to get myself to the kitchen. This was one of hell tiring days.

"Are you bipolar? Coz I didn't read you wrong. What's with you blowing hot and cold in the wink of an eye?"

Before I could answer...

Knock. Knock.

"YEAH. Wait up for a few minutes." Grey eyes replied to whosoever was at the door. "Look, I am going to go out. The first thing you will see in the morning will be me." He gestured himself with his thumb.

"Confident enough. Aren't we?" I grilled him with a raised brow.

"OH! You don't know me yet." He replied with a wink.

"Cocky," I murmured. He was staring at me with a smirk turning into a goofy grin as if he heard me and began to tie his shoelaces. He patted his hands and started towards me. There was a familiarity in his smile. I couldn't put it together. He walked past me to wash and dry his hands.

Once again he came towards me and cornered me. This time I fisted my fingers determined not to react and stood glued to the place.

"Good Night." He huskily whispered into my ear, his breath tickling my neck. GOD. I couldn't take whatever it was, the unknown sensation, so I moved away. And I did only to fall.

"DAFUQ." I rubbed my elbows which hurt like anything. "Who keeps skates in the kitchen?" I scowled at grey eyes to find him laughing at my misery. IDIOT. "OUCH." The pain shot through my arms as I tried to pick myself up. Shit my leg.

"Here." Grey eyes offered his hand in all seriousness. WEIRD.

If I offered him my hand he would know I am weak and by no way I am going to show my weaknesses to anyone. The old' weak Tara is left behind.

I felt a hand grip my left biceps. And my eyes shot up to meet grey eyes smiling at me. It TINGLES. Sheesh!

"DON'T TOUCH ME." I barked at him.

"Okay." He left my arm and I fell back on my bum as he was halfway through pulling me up.

"ARGHHH. You're such a jerk." I shouted at his back. "Can't you see my leg condition?"

"I KNOW I AM A JERK. Never pretended otherwise" He laughed while exiting from the apartment. I sighed. Finally a relief. "GOOD NIGHT." He peeked into the kitchen through the window. "And no I have far better things to check out Tara. I wish I could see your sexy little bum all red at the moment."

My mouth fell open... something caught in my hand and I threw it towards the window. ALL MEN ARE PIGS. PERIOD.

Knock. Knock.

Now who the hell it is? "COME IN," I shouted as I tried to make myself up for the fourth time since that jerk left. Damn my leg, paining like hell. He is such a cow. Well, it was me who had refused to take his help when he offered. Now deal with it, you stupid idiot.

"OH MY! Sweetie, are you okay?" An aged lady came running towards me. Phew, a help. LADY TO THE RESCUE.

"Ummm. I am fine." She somehow managed to pull me up. It feels good to be back on my legs. "Thanks." I retreated with a smile. "By the way, who are you?" Was she my roommate? I secretly prayed. If she is it would be so much better than that cow.

"OH DEAR! I am the next door neighbour. Mrs. Jones." She answered cheerfully. More than me she was happy. As if she found a long-lost friend.

Because I wasn't a hugger, I extended my arms to shake. But she engulfed me in a big bear hug almost choking me to death. Oh dear!

"Mrs. Jones, it's nice to meet you. I am Tara. Tara Sehgal." I untangled myself awkwardly.

"You are so pretty. Are you his girlfriend?"

"WHAT!!! No, I am his roommate."

"Awww. I thought he was. Isn't he a very handsome boy? And oh you both will make a lovely couple."

Hopeless Romantic, I sighed.

"Anyways I heard some noise so I came to check on the boy."

Mr Charmer, I gritted my teeth.

"It was good to see you Tara. See you soon darling. Goodnight".

"Night Mrs. Jones", I halved a sigh and secured the door. After checking the umpteenth time I came back to the living area.

I picked up my suitcase and backpack and headed towards the bedroom.

There were two rooms side by side. I entered the first one and saw his kind of stuff dumped on the bed. His T-shirts, jeans trousers and...his sexy underwear. My cheeks felt hot seeing them. The wall behind the bed was filled with pictures of scantily cladded models. My eyes went towards the table and to my utter shock saw a few stacks of po*n magazines and xxx-rated CDs. As if I had seen a ghost I closed my eyes and almost stumbled out of his room as fast as possible.

Quickly I went to the other room dumped my case near the bed started to organize it. It took me more than 2 hours to settle down in the room. I cleaned up the table and arranged the room as per my needs. I kept my books, my laptop and a few girly stuffs on my side of the table. necessary medicines in the drawer including my tampons and locked it.

Finally, it's time for the best part of after cleaning. A shower. "HUH? Why the hell does my bathroom have double doors." I ran over to check the other door before starting the shower. "DAMN!!! A COMMON BATHROOM." I sighed with annoyance. Returning I checked the bathroom and surprisingly looked clean and dry. I was horrified thinking about his bathroom etiquette since his bedroom was a disaster. I placed his stuff on the left side of the basin counter and mine on the right. As it was fairly neat I didn't have to do much. Just placed my things and shifted his and I was done.

After taking a hot shower I made my way towards the kitchen. I prefer eating light at night, so I made myself a veggie sandwich. Thanks to the hunk who seems to fill up the refrigerator. I will talk about the money part tomorrow. If he is my roommate we need to set some ground rules and money was a major factor for me.

Thinking about him I realized I must have reacted over the top, the moment he held my bicep I didn't feel repulsive. His warm fingers tingled my skin and his protective gesture set butterflies in my stomach. That was the reason I asked to back off because I was tangled in my own emotions and was unable to comprehend what was happening. Our two missed kisses added fuel to my emotions. Urgh! stop it. What's wrong with you Tara?

I wonder where did he go tonight? Probably partying with some bimbo. Well, who doesn't like tall beautiful blonds? Twirling my hair, I wonder whether he likes blondes or brunettes? Honestly, I don't think he cares much. He knows that he can get any girl he wants. And especially a good-looking guy like him, girls must be throwing themselves at him.

"Let me have you, Tara."

"Please. Don't. NOOO!" a scream burst through my throat and, I woke up panting. Not again, shit. Looks like I forgot to take my meds. I checked the clock. It was 2 am. Sigh! Another sleepless night. I looked around to find myself alone and safe. My next-door roommate, seems to be either snoring or still out. I prefer the latter. I popped the pills immediately and went to the living room. Sleep will be miles away now.

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Wow This Is Very Different And Interesting Story.

It Almost Feels Like Iam A Reading A English Novel.

With Vishal In It.

😍

Edited by Quantum-Dot - 5 months ago
Moderator's Note by Quantum-Dot
Exclamation Icon

Reminder of Rules

Please don't quote the entire chapter of the FF as it makes the pages heavy and browsing experience difficult for the other users.