Telivision audience bored ??

InsaneDivine thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

I came across this video and found it quite informative and well-presented. Since I am only on this TV forum, so thought of sharing it here. It's a little long, but please try to give it some time & watch. smiley17I have always felt TV is a great medium and it's time it reinvents itself to limited episodic series, that cater to the fast-paced audience of today's times. If only Anupama was a limited-episode series, maybe they would have managed to show her journey well and end it after they were done. As per this video, television is losing an audience and facing losses. But will it lead to some reform ?? Well, only time can tell. I wish that Indian television remains a little gentle, yet intriguing in its storytelling, and remains away from the abusive language, violence, and nudity of the OTT (Not saying that all OTT shows are bad.smiley2). Something along the lines of Korean shows, which have a feel-good factor, however characters and problems that cater more to the Indian audience. 

Anupama perhaps could have done that. Many shows are good but the audience does not give them a chance. This show was given one. People wanted to see her journey. But it backstabbed its viewers. They decided on a concept and wrote characters but lacked the courage and conviction to take it to a rightful conclusion. Hence resorted back to the same regressiveness, that they had once decided to challenge. TV does need a change. But no one knows when will it happen. 

Here is the video I was talking about:- 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-ivM20Kwo 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SmithaRam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: InsaneDivine

I came across this video and found it quite informative and well-presented. Since I am only on this TV forum, so thought of sharing it here. It's a little long, but please try to give it some time & watch. smiley17I have always felt TV is a great medium and it's time it reinvents itself to limited episodic series, that cater to the fast-paced audience of today's times. If only Anupama was a limited-episode series, maybe they would have managed to show her journey well and end it after they were done. As per this video, television is losing an audience and facing losses. But will it lead to some reform ?? Well, only time can tell. I wish that Indian television remains a little gentle, yet intriguing in its storytelling, and remains away from the abusive language, violence, and nudity of the OTT (Not saying that all OTT shows are bad.smiley2). Something along the lines of Korean shows, which have a feel-good factor, however characters and problems that cater more to the Indian audience. 

Anupama perhaps could have done that. Many shows are good but the audience does not give them a chance. This show was given one. People wanted to see her journey. But it backstabbed its viewers. They decided on a concept and wrote characters but lacked the courage and conviction to take it to a rightful conclusion. Hence resorted back to the same regressiveness, that they had once decided to challenge. TV does need a change. But no one knows when will it happen. 

Amen!  I do not watch Indian television at all. This one caught my attention as it was different from run of the mill shows, { no heavy jewellery/makeup 24x7 or people returning from the dead, plastic surgery etc. } This was something that one could relate to.  But, I cannot believe what this show has become. I do not understand why a simple journey could not be shown even after 1000+ episodes!!

Korean, Pak,Turkish shows have much better content than what ITV offers.  Why can't ITV learn & implement them?

HoneyBee7312 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

The tv in my house is solely so my father can watch news and sports. Occasionally to be used by the rest of the family for movie nights. Or by me to run in background as I do house work.

And honestly we have it because I got a free setup box when installing fiber connection for working from home. So we kept it. Otherwise there was no use for it. 

Stopped watching ITV shows some 10+ years ago. My dad hated them and eventually my mom gave in and changed her habits as well. Now she says it was a good decision because my dad introduced her to some amazing international shows. With OTT growing the TV became useless because all the good shows were on OTT and even network shows could be watched there so I mean there was no point. The cable services changed to dish services long back in my locality. No one has cable connection in my area anymore 

We that is my mom and me started watching this show because the premise was good. We both remembered RG from the iconic SvS so we were a little interested in her comeback show.

And it was a good show when it started out. Anuj entry and the initial months after it were the peak of the show in my opinion. It all went downhill though after the Maan marriage. I mean there flaws before that too but it was still watchable.

But it is utter garbage now. My dad says it was our fault for expecting something good from ITV which hasn't changed its formula since the 90s saas bahu shows first aired. Well. He is actually right. It our fault for expecting ITV to mend it's ways

Historia thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I think anupama has lot of potential compare to other tv shows. But makers don't understand this logic .

InsaneDivine thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmithaRam

Amen!  I do not watch Indian television at all. This one caught my attention as it was different from run of the mill shows, { no heavy jewellery/makeup 24x7 or people returning from the dead, plastic surgery etc. } This was something that one could relate to.  But, I cannot believe what this show has become. I do not understand why a simple journey could not be shown even after 1000+ episodes!!

Korean, Pak,Turkish shows have much better content than what ITV offers.  Why can't ITV learn & implement them?

I don't know when that good day will arrive.smiley36 You are right.. They started off with simple yet important problems of a Anupama's life. Like serving everyone before eating herself. Not sitting with everyone together on the dining table. Vanraj for most part was emotionally manipulative. Emotional manipulations are hard to explain and even understand. Add to it his screaming and shouting on Anupama for smallest things like going out rarely with her old friends. They could have built up on all this. But then they went into some very weird direction where Anupama became so empowered that she started wanting to control every incident of the same household which once controlled her. A simple journey of self discovery with Anuj as a friend and an equal part in life would have been so endearing. May be they would have been able to show that had it been a limited episode series. But sadly when you have to choose between telling a good story vs earning money by showing infinite no of episodes, then of course a businessman takes over a storyteller. smiley39

Saiyaa thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

Audience also need to up their taste & truly change only then we can expect real change in tv content.