Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

Posted: 4 months ago

I hate the way Ranbhir kills him at the end. 

Bobby is a good actor. 

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Bobby found the script for JWM.  Imtiaz signed Bobby & Preity for JWM. Jaaneman got delayed so Preity had to bow out. Bobby suggested Kareena, so they bought Kareena on board. A month before the first schedule the producer also bowed out. Kareena bought her own producer but she got Bobby replaced with her then boyfriend Shahid. They did do Bobby dirty, Imtiaz & Kareena. 

That's not how it happened at all. Imtiaz explained that Bobby kept delaying the movie because he was getting bigger offers. After a while he told Bobby he couldn't wait anymore, so they amicably parted ways. Later, Shahid was brought on board. It was Shahid who convinced Kareena to meet with Imtiaz and do the movie -- this is a well known fact from the time the movie came out, everyone has talked about this.

Bobby is playing the victim card and changing the narrative out of some weird sense of entitlement and bitterness over the movie's success. No one did Bobby dirty except Bobby himself. Least of all Kareena who only did the movie to be with her boyfriend, for crying out load.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/imtiaz-ali-reveals-he-initially-wanted-to-cast-bobby-deol-in-jab-we-met-and-sunny-deol-in-highway-1251868

Edited by JeanieBeanie - 4 months ago
Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: JeanieBeanie

That's not how it happened at all. Imtiaz explained that Bobby kept delaying the movie because he was getting bigger offers. After a while he told Bobby he couldn't wait anymore, so they amicably parted ways. Later, Shahid was brought on board. It was Shahid who convinced Kareena to meet with Imtiaz and do the movie -- this is a well known fact from the time the movie came out, everyone has talked about this.

Bobby is playing the victim card and changing the narrative out of some weird sense of entitlement and bitterness over the movie's success. No one did Bobby dirty except Bobby himself. Least of all Kareena who only did the movie to be with her boyfriend, for crying out load.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/imtiaz-ali-reveals-he-initially-wanted-to-cast-bobby-deol-in-jab-we-met-and-sunny-deol-in-highway-1251868

Both the brothers are alike.

I have liked Bobby in past but than he did a shallow movie and all my liking to him as actor went to drain.

I hope he is successful in second inning. 

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This story had come in magazine in mid 2000s 

Actually imitaiz was given director chance by deols for abhay deol first movie 

So that must be early 2000s like 2002-3 

Bobby was impressed by imitaiz and said lets do movie together 

So story writer got this script and bobby took it to imtiaz and than wanted priety zinta as heroine but priety kept delaying saying wait i have movies for few years 

Bobby had less work by 2005 than so why would he delay movie as hes sitting at home with very less job

Than bobby got kareena to movie and introuduced her to imtiaz 

But without telling bobby imtiaz took shahid kapoor and karrena in that roles and removed bobby 

It was bobby who got producer, heroine, script writer story teller etc to imtiaz but imtiaz removed him as bobby was not selling by 2005-6 and put new lovers karreena and shahid to movie 

If you watch movie shahid does not suit business man role as he looks too young to play such a character. Sahhid kapoor looked like just out of college kid and did not suit jab we met role at all 

Bobby would be better as a mid 30s guy not liking his mom not having family and lonely angry and upset 

Bobby or akshay kumar would suit such roles well than shahid kapoor or ranbir kapoor than 

Its like throwing steve jobs out of apple company after doing all hard job and taking credit for ipad etc 

these kind of things happen a lot in bollywood - whoever is hot property than will get chance over others 

But here bobby efforts were more so imtiaz could have said i do not want you as actor so take another director as i do not want you as my hero but he played clever politics actually which is common in companies and bollywood too 

Edited by myviewprem - 4 months ago