Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: Bekind

I don’t think Madhuri or Ash had any relation with Ghai. Both comes from good family. Juhi advice coming from her personal experience. She stay away from shortcuts. She always did decent work.

Pata nahi aisa kuch hua ke nahi par Bollywood mai good family wale bhi bohat kuch karjate hain 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

When MD was new to the industry and struggling, a photoshoot of her appeared in a magazine, it covered several pages with SG's quote that said this girl has been booked by many bigwig directors and producers of that time, he even named them. The thing is, it was an absolute lie

That was a PR stunt

But why would he do that for her?  Either he was being too nice, or she was too nice to him, or he had great instinct that she has the potential to dethrone Sridevi

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Mahima's comments on nepotism here and how it ruined her career.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/i7ua3u/mahima_on_nepotism/

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I use to wonder why isn't she working in good movie and chose a cameo or supporting role in dhadkan. I thought she was stunning but it is sad how she dealt with car accident and injured her face. Ajay devgan helped her and gave her a good advice. She went through so much abuse.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Bekind

I use to wonder why isn't she working in good movie and chose a cameo or supporting role in dhadkan. I thought she was stunning but it is sad how she dealt with car accident and injured her face. Ajay devgan helped her and gave her a good advice. She went through so much abuse.

I believe Dhadkan's issue was that it was in production for 3-5 years. So I don't know if she got the role after she had done Pardes or while making Pardes, but that might explain why she had a supporting role only. And I've also heard that because of her fame from Pardes that they beefed up her role in Dhadkan so what was originally just a guest appearance (and is credited as such in the movie) got extra scenes because of positive feedback. She did get a Filmfare nomination for Best Supporting Actress for Dhadkan so it worked in her favor.

Her bigger issue was that Dhadkan was just one of many, many films where she played supporting roles. Had it been her only supporting role, that would have been fine, but she kept picking secondary roles in films like Dil Hai Tumhaara, Dil Kya Kare, Baabul, Deewane, Zameer, etc. so she was playing second fiddle to Preity, Kajol, Urmila, Amisha, etc. Even in Om Jai Jagadish, the main roles are for the three male actors. The female actors have less to do and the one with the meatiest role is Urmila so Mahima gets shortchanged again. The few leading roles she had during this era all tanked like Khiladi 420 with Akshay. So she lost a major film like Taal and the only lead roles she had left did not do anything to advance her career, which makes me guess that supporting roles were the best ones she was being offered. Perhaps it was better to be a secondary lead in an A-list film than the lead in a B-list film. 

Ajay is one of the actors she worked a lot with so I'm glad to hear he treated her well.