Mahima Chaudhry betrayed by Aishwarya Rai

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

As an Aish fan, I recently heard this story and wanted it confirmed as true or not.

I heard that after Pardes, Subhash Ghai intended to cast Mahima in Taal. However, they had some sort of falling out or dispute so he fired Mahima and replaced her with Aish. Mahima begged Aish to not take the role to stand up for all actresses so that directors could not treat them this way but Aish ignored her and went ahead and took the role.

Is this true and if so, what was the issue between Mahima and Subhash Ghai that caused her to be treated this way?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Haven’t heard of this. I love Mahima but can’t see her pulling off Taal. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

As an Aish fan, I recently heard this story and wanted it confirmed as true or not.

I heard that after Pardes, Subhash Ghai intended to cast Mahima in Taal. However, they had some sort of falling out or dispute so he fired Mahima and replaced her with Aish. Mahima begged Aish to not take the role to stand up for all actresses so that directors could not treat them this way but Aish ignored her and went ahead and took the role.

Is this true and if so, what was the issue between Mahima and Subhash Ghai that caused her to be treated this way?

Mahima refused to """"compromise"""""" and Ghai was furious because he had spent a lot of money on her 3 movie contract. AIsh had the hype but film failures meant she would say yes to a Ghai film. Because of his mafia links, even people like SRK/Dilip Kumar/Amitabh, who knew about the abuse while filming said nothing. Only Salman/Sanjay said something and that was because they also had mafia links.

Ghai = Indian Weinstein.

Edited by VimalPanMasala - 4 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Nobody needs to take a stand for someone else. Save yourself 

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Ghai is a creep i wish he was completely exposed 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I never knew this about Ghai. How awful for Mahima. He effectively derailed her career forever, killing all the momentum she had for Pardes. Had she done Taal, perhaps she would have been considered a superstar of cinema but instead she was relegated to supporting roles.

What protected Aish from Ghai then on Taal? If he was going after Mahima what stopped him from going after Aish? Salman?

I vaguely remember Amisha Patel making comments about how she didn't need to resort to a godfather in the industry like Subhash Ghai and I wonder if she was alluding to this incident. She was self-made.

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Haven’t heard of this. I love Mahima but can’t see her pulling off Taal. 

Likewise..

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Ghai gave a hard time to Srk in Pardes and rumors were going that Srk will never work ghai after Padres. He changed the script as per rumors. Never heard of Mahima going to Ash. 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Taal definitely felt like a spiritual sequel to Pardes (visual-wise)...so it could be true that Mahima was considered for the part.

Ghai was definetly suffering from God Complex at that time, because in his mind.... he had made careers of Madhuri, Manisha and Mahima. 

I have heard rumors that he was most controlling of Mahima... due to which they had a fall out. So, I doubt it was the case of betrayal from Aish's side..

Rather, Mahima herself revealed some time ago that she was supposed to do Satya, but she was replaced without being informed.

It sucks but I do not think we should blame Urmila for that because it was RGV's decision.

And Rangeela was a huge hit so it was natural for RGV to cast Urmila for Satya.

Edited by diasingh2 - 4 months ago
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I never knew this about Ghai. How awful for Mahima. He effectively derailed her career forever, killing all the momentum she had for Pardes. Had she done Taal, perhaps she would have been considered a superstar of cinema but instead she was relegated to supporting roles.

What protected Aish from Ghai then on Taal? If he was going after Mahima what stopped him from going after Aish? Salman?

I vaguely remember Amisha Patel making comments about how she didn't need to resort to a godfather in the industry like Subhash Ghai and I wonder if she was alluding to this incident. She was self-made.

@ bold Salman khan. She was Salman Khan's girlfriend at that time and nobody in the industry dares to mess with his woman. Salman beat up Ghai and pissed on his shoes at a party when he made advances towards Aishwarya.