Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nirvanaa thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: pathaka

She would have ruined all those movies with her lacklustre screen presence and her “filmy glam acting”

Rightfully describedsmiley36

Edited by Nirvanaa - 5 months ago
Harman12345 thumbnail

You haven’t done your research properly and spread misinformation. And of course all the haters of Pari have bought it. 

The truth: 

Pari was never offered Sultan. She discussed it in a bollywood hungama interview and said the rumor was baseless. 

Pari was considered for Udta Punjab but she was never officially offered the role for her to reject it. 

Pari did not reject Piku for Dawat -ishq. Pari was offered a Saif film before Piku. So, when she was offered Piku she couldn’t do it because she already committed to Saif’s film. Unfortunately, the film with Saif got shelved. On bffs with Vogue, Pari explained that she couldn’t do Piku even though she wanted to because of this. 

She did not reject Animal. Vanga replaced her. 

Her script sense isn’t lacking, it is her horrible luck. 

She also has to work way harder than others to prove her acting talent because people want to dismiss women who aren’t glamorous by their ridiculous standards. 

Edited by Harman12345 - 4 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Parineeti is the only actress who debuted in the 2010s who I actually like.

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I loved Parineeti in Ricky Bahl and Ishaqzaade. But lets be honest, she doesnt have what it takes to be a successful actress. I dont think her career could have been any different had she accepted the roles. 

Nirvanaa thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

People dont accept her cos she lacks glamour? Nothing to do with the sub par performances in a dozen movies? Ishaqzaade and HTP are the only movies where she managed to shine..her presence was boring and redundant in most other movies..like the one she did with Ayushman, another one with Sid..lets not get started on gems like Kill dill..I like Kajol..But I have seen her ripped apart in the same 'intellectual' forum time and again despite her iconic roles..So I guess all that has to do with her lacking glamour more than anythingsmiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nirvanaa

People dont accept her cos she lacks glamour? Nothing to do with the sub par performances in a dozen movies? Ishaqzaade and HTP are the only movies where she managed to shine..her presence was boring and redundant in most other movies..like the one she did with Ayushman, another one with Sid..lets not get started on gems like Kill dill..I like Kajol..But I have seen her ripped apart in the same 'intellectual' forum time and again despite her iconic roles..So I guess all that has to do with her lacking glamour more than anythingsmiley36

Hasee Toh Phasee was wonderful and probably the best Dharma film of the 2010s.

Kajol herself admits that she doesn't go out of her comfort zones for her films and always plays the same type of character when Karan asked her on KWK if she thinks that's true. Kajol's reasoning was that audiences don't buy her as poor girls and she can only play rich girls, forgetting that some of her most popular films had her as poor village girls like K3G, Ishq, Fanaa, etc. 

Harman12345 thumbnail

See, sub-par performances are subjective. 

To me, Pari performed well in Ladies vs ricky bhel, shudh desi romance, hasee toh phasee (her best), ishaqzaade, dawat-ishq, small part in Kesari, sandeep aur pinky faraar, and Meri Pyaari bindu. Even though code name tiranga was a trash movie, she performed well. 

So, to me she has acted good in most of her films. It is just in fashion now for people to critique “flop” actors when I am guessing half of the people bringing them down haven’t even watched their films. 

And, if you have read the topics made about her from the beginning of her journey to now, you will find a lot of hypocrisy within the audience. ( I am aware the audience isn’t monolith, but plenty of times it has been the same users)

For example, many people on here used to bully Pari for her weight. They also bullied her whenever she would agree with the audience about her weight. (She has been very consistent on how she is not happy with her weight and wanted to change it. She never claimed she was comfortable with it). So, when she did that built that way campaign in 2015, some people said she was a hypocrite (even though she has been very consistent in almost all her interviews prior to weight loss that she wanted to make a change). People also (the same ones who bullied her) accused her of trying to fit in and not believing in her talent. They said she “lost her charm”. Apparently, when she re-gains that weight back later on, no one is finding her charming. 

Some people have been against her because she didn’t fit conventional norms of a bollywood actress and they have also been against her, when she was agreeing with them and trying to fit in with the norms. 

This type of damned if you do, damned if you don’t usually happens to actresses when they get plastic surgery. People don’t like their natural features but also they don’t like their “fakeness”

But, Pari is probably one of the few actresses who have been considered fake by some because she no longer wanted to be in the overweight category. Basically, her haters never made sense. 

I think they are bothered they can’t get to her. Because Pari always agrees with her haters! 

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 3 months ago

good she didn't do animal it is too misogynistic 

she keeps having date issues

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

if animal's role was to get naked and kiss that's not really a good role. Glad she said no to piku because irfan looks good with dp, pari would be too young looking for him, horrible pairing don't think it would've worked. But yes turning down alia or kareena's role in UP was horrible choice on pari's part 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Now I think of it, kangana would been perfect for the movie Sultan. But she was going through that she has to have a bigger role.