Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Says who? Her PR team? The movie has a lifetime worldwide collection of under 4 cr, if this is a huge hit then I guess we are living in 1970s

The budget can't be high, if viewership was high enough it's likely it was actually a hit. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Sorry, didn't see this either until just now.

I wish there was some explanation as to why Tiwari was cancelled. It looked good from the description. How ironic that the poster literally says Season One, showing plans for future seasons, when we couldn't even get one episode launched.

I've never seen Pooja Bhatt before in any film so I have little to no knowledge about her.

I think Mahima's main problem is being out of the industry so long and even when she was in it, she never had any major connections to get her the main roles. So I feel she'll probably stick to supporting roles from now on.

I liked Preity with Bobby a lot. Didn't care so much for her with Sunny but I'm not a Sunny fan.

I think Sridevi would only have ventured into OTT if her films started flopping. English Vinglish and Mom were both such successes that she wouldn't need a reason to not keep her films theatrical. Kalank though was a flop so had she lived to be in that, that would have ruined her trend.

I feel Aish is also not the type to care much for OTT and see it as beneath her. That's just speculation on my part though and it's hard to tell because she barely acts now so her lack of acting in OTT might be more just lack of acting in general.

Not familiar with Nagma either.

Yeah, Bipasha did disappear after a while. She was very popular in the 2000s even if her most mainstream films tended to feature her as a supporting heroine. The John Abraham equation also helped keep her in spotlight back then.

Dia Mirza's had a big comeback on OTT. I haven't heard much about Lara Dutta's return so don't know if it boosted her career or not. She was also very popular in the 2000s.

Pooja Bhatt is an great actress actually. Unfortunately, the scandals she was in (she was in India's version of Depp-Heard scandal with Ranvir Shorey) along with her father ended her career. Sushmita tried to emulate her acting a lot but never managed to. I would watch the movies she was in before her alcohol issues although she's not bad now. 

With Urmila she's primarily a politician so something must have come up. 

Lara was in a Akshay Kumar film. Genelia had a decent comeback in Marathi even though she's not that great of an actress, she has fans there for her + hubby.  Zeenat is about to make a comeback with MM. 

Bipasha's daughter has a major heart condition. I see her making a comeback with Genelia-style recognition later when her child is safe. Genelia completely stopped her career when a child of hers got cancer (alleged but confirmed, Rishi spoke to the son). Bipasha has very good romantic chemistry with any actor so she will get viewers for that. 

Raveena has a new OTT series but the trailer shows her hamming quite terribly. 

Dia's turned to producing some good movies - she's associated with Dharma now, so you saw KWK mention Dia very randomly this season after never saying anything about her. Her comeback will be successful if her streak of finding good projects stays. 

Sridevi's Puli was a flop (another 'favor' type venture like Kalank done in the South for favors) and it did not effect her popularity. I do think she would not have done OTT movies in Hindi mainly because it was common knowledge she was getting tired and wanted to focus on her kids careers. She did EV and Mom for financials - EV quadrupled her wealth after she lost a home to a fire. I do think Sridevi would have done some fantastic OTT work in the South, mainly because Malayalam films (her favorite genre) migrated quite comfortably in popularity there. 

If you like Malayalam movies I suggest you check out Urvashi, an actress you may like. 

I agree with you on Aishwarya. Aish does not see OTT as beneath her, but it takes away a LOT of her charm in theatres. Especially with filmmaking and technicians regressing, it will be harder for her performances, especially those in Hindi where she can be inconsistent, to be seen in a unanimous light. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Says who? Her PR team? The movie has a lifetime worldwide collection of under 4 cr, if this is a huge hit then I guess we are living in 1970s

It was a hit as an OTT film. Hence why Netflix is making the sequel.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Pooja Bhatt is an great actress actually. Unfortunately, the scandals she was in (she was in India's version of Depp-Heard scandal with Ranvir Shorey) along with her father ended her career. Sushmita tried to emulate her acting a lot but never managed to. I would watch the movies she was in before her alcohol issues although she's not bad now. 

With Urmila she's primarily a politician so something must have come up. 

Lara was in a Akshay Kumar film. Genelia had a decent comeback in Marathi even though she's not that great of an actress, she has fans there for her + hubby.  Zeenat is about to make a comeback with MM. 

Bipasha's daughter has a major heart condition. I see her making a comeback with Genelia-style recognition later when her child is safe. Genelia completely stopped her career when a child of hers got cancer (alleged but confirmed, Rishi spoke to the son). Bipasha has very good romantic chemistry with any actor so she will get viewers for that. 

Raveena has a new OTT series but the trailer shows her hamming quite terribly. 

Dia's turned to producing some good movies - she's associated with Dharma now, so you saw KWK mention Dia very randomly this season after never saying anything about her. Her comeback will be successful if her streak of finding good projects stays. 

Sridevi's Puli was a flop (another 'favor' type venture like Kalank done in the South for favors) and it did not effect her popularity. I do think she would not have done OTT movies in Hindi mainly because it was common knowledge she was getting tired and wanted to focus on her kids careers. She did EV and Mom for financials - EV quadrupled her wealth after she lost a home to a fire. I do think Sridevi would have done some fantastic OTT work in the South, mainly because Malayalam films (her favorite genre) migrated quite comfortably in popularity there. 

If you like Malayalam movies I suggest you check out Urvashi, an actress you may like. 

I agree with you on Aishwarya. Aish does not see OTT as beneath her, but it takes away a LOT of her charm in theatres. Especially with filmmaking and technicians regressing, it will be harder for her performances, especially those in Hindi where she can be inconsistent, to be seen in a unanimous light. 

If she's the Amber Heard of India then that doesn't sound very promising about her. I knew her career ended young but for the longest time, I thought it's because she died young since she completely disappeared afterwards. 

Good point that Urmila's political life may have clashed with her series. It's funny how actresses end up engaging in politics more than actors (Jaya, Hema, Urmila, Kirron Kher, etc.)

I didn't know Lara came back in an Akshay movie. Good for her. I haven't seen enough of Genelia to have an idea on what type of actress she is since most of her roles were young teen roles so I'm curious if she's branched out beyond that now and shown improvement. 

Oh, I had no idea about Bipasha's daughter. So horrible to hear but I'm glad it sounds like her daughter is doing better now. I had no idea about Genelia's child either. I didn't realize that's what stopped her acting. 

Raveena was never a very good actress even in the 90s. Especially when she was a side heroine and outacted by the likes of Sridevi and Rekha which makes her look even more weak and colorless. 

Had no idea that Dia Mirza was associated with Dharma now. I never thought much of her as an actress either tbh but I do need to watch her latest film because I heard great things about it on here.

I imagine Puli wouldn't hurt her reputation in North India/Bollywood. Never seen it myself but I liked her looks in it. I knew about the family's money issues but didn't realize that she only did EV and Mom for financial security. Very strange since she died after Mom but everyone said that they were completely out of money and made those theories that Boney Kapoor killed her for the life insurance policy. Must have squandered through the grosses for Mom rather quickly then.

I've heard a lot about Urvashi and that she's considered a legendary actress.

I think Aish is also picky about scripts. We know she got lots of script offers with SRK after ADHM but she refused all of them because she didn't feel anything was good enough for her.

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

If she's the Amber Heard of India then that doesn't sound very promising about her. I knew her career ended young but for the longest time, I thought it's because she died young since she completely disappeared afterwards. 

Good point that Urmila's political life may have clashed with her series. It's funny how actresses end up engaging in politics more than actors (Jaya, Hema, Urmila, Kirron Kher, etc.)

I didn't know Lara came back in an Akshay movie. Good for her. I haven't seen enough of Genelia to have an idea on what type of actress she is since most of her roles were young teen roles so I'm curious if she's branched out beyond that now and shown improvement. 

Oh, I had no idea about Bipasha's daughter. So horrible to hear but I'm glad it sounds like her daughter is doing better now. I had no idea about Genelia's child either. I didn't realize that's what stopped her acting. 

Raveena was never a very good actress even in the 90s. Especially when she was a side heroine and outacted by the likes of Sridevi and Rekha which makes her look even more weak and colorless. 

Had no idea that Dia Mirza was associated with Dharma now. I never thought much of her as an actress either tbh but I do need to watch her latest film because I heard great things about it on here.

I imagine Puli wouldn't hurt her reputation in North India/Bollywood. Never seen it myself but I liked her looks in it. I knew about the family's money issues but didn't realize that she only did EV and Mom for financial security. Very strange since she died after Mom but everyone said that they were completely out of money and made those theories that Boney Kapoor killed her for the life insurance policy. Must have squandered through the grosses for Mom rather quickly then.

I've heard a lot about Urvashi and that she's considered a legendary actress.

I think Aish is also picky about scripts. We know she got lots of script offers with SRK after ADHM but she refused all of them because she didn't feel anything was good enough for her.

Pooja was decently popular with her contemporaries. She's the only one who called out Babita's mistreatment of Karishma. She was very publicly a feminist, fought with a lot of terrible people...the 90s were a rough time. 

The older actresses do politics for financial reasons (or power reasons), which Bollywood actors don't usually struggle with. See why Sridevi did movies - she did not want to touch politics with a ten foot pole, and instead made money off EV and Mom. 

When she died they were not broke at all - she did Mom because she was anticipating funding Karan Johar for Jhanvi (KJO requires a financial cut of all his supporters). People don't want to come to terms with the fact that she was struggling/weak and it was a freak accident. 

Madhuri has been rumored to enter politics if her Marathi ventures failed. 

Genelia was not good in the movie. She's pretty though and the audiences like that so her Marathi movies are successes. Her husband is big from political nepotism too. 

Do watch Dia's movie. She, much like Anushka, is a far better producer and has a great eye. Highly Highly recommend. 

Raveena honestly is worse than I was thinking. She's pretty but is so overrated. She's similar to the likes of Janhvi and Sara in talent but you'd think she'd be ok considering she has a Padma Shri over Rani Mukherjee. Just had better movies/dances to prance around in. 

She is not good actress. How is she still getting work? 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bird32

She is not good actress. How is she still getting work? 

She's better than most of her 90s contemporaries actually, but has a rather annoying timbre. 

Also she's HUGE on networking. Shows up to every crappy Bollywood event, is close to all the Bollywood stars and their families, every single birthday party and award show. Basically does a lot of sucking up to others and has friends who support her. 

She's better than most of her 90s contemporaries actually, but has a rather annoying timbre. 

Also she's HUGE on networking. Shows up to every crappy Bollywood event, is close to all the Bollywood stars and their families, every single birthday party and award show. Basically does a lot of sucking up to others and has friends who support her. 

Better? How? She wasn’t considered A-listers like Kajol, Karishma, Aishwarya, Juhi or like other A-listers. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Her career has had more longevity than most of her contemporaries too. And she looks the best having maintained her figure.

I saw that when she was at the Archies premiere even though she had no relation being launched. Even in a simple crop top and jeans, she looked the best.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Pooja was decently popular with her contemporaries. She's the only one who called out Babita's mistreatment of Karishma. She was very publicly a feminist, fought with a lot of terrible people...the 90s were a rough time. 

The older actresses do politics for financial reasons (or power reasons), which Bollywood actors don't usually struggle with. See why Sridevi did movies - she did not want to touch politics with a ten foot pole, and instead made money off EV and Mom. 

When she died they were not broke at all - she did Mom because she was anticipating funding Karan Johar for Jhanvi (KJO requires a financial cut of all his supporters). People don't want to come to terms with the fact that she was struggling/weak and it was a freak accident. 

Madhuri has been rumored to enter politics if her Marathi ventures failed. 

Genelia was not good in the movie. She's pretty though and the audiences like that so her Marathi movies are successes. Her husband is big from political nepotism too. 

Do watch Dia's movie. She, much like Anushka, is a far better producer and has a great eye. Highly Highly recommend. 

Raveena honestly is worse than I was thinking. She's pretty but is so overrated. She's similar to the likes of Janhvi and Sara in talent but you'd think she'd be ok considering she has a Padma Shri over Rani Mukherjee. Just had better movies/dances to prance around in. 

I've always heard stories about Babita but I know very little about her so didn't know she mistreated Karishma and that this behavior was called out. If she was a feminist when it still wasn't in vogue for Bollywood, I can see why her career ended.

That makes sense that it gives actresses some financial security plus power and influence which they probably lose otherwise. Sridevi doesn't seem like the type who would ever want to enter politics. She was very private and shy so that would not be her comfort zone at all. 

This is the first I've heard that her family was well off when she died. Every story I heard circulating around was that they were completely broke and even some ridiculous theories that the daughters were in on her murder and capitalized on it to fund their careers. Nonsense about how their mother would not launch them so they killed her off so they could become actresses. I'm sure all of this can be easily disproved online.

I know Madhuri has a lot of releases this year so we'll see if they do well. I can't see her enjoying politics either since she seemed pretty happy during her years abroad. 

That makes sense that Genelia would be liked for her looks and her husband's status as well.

Yes, I will watch Dia's movies after all the good reviews. I liked Anushka as an actress but her best performance for me was NH10 which she produced. I didn't care for her ghost movie and only watched half of it.

Raveena has the Padma Shri? Why lol? Certainly not for merit in acting.