RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Shilpa Shetty's comeback in Sukhee has been a huge hit. Enough that a sequel has already been commissioned on Netflix. I was surprised to not see any discussion of this so since people were already complaining about seeing too many Shilpa Shetty threads, I decided to create another one.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/exclusives/exclusive-shilpa-shetty-kundras-sukhee-2-in-the-works-post-tremendous-response-on-netflix-1262342

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I enjoyed the movie and glad it found an audience on Netflix. Sometimes we don’t need overtly complicated movies and simplicity wins 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I really liked the film, and I was wondering if they will make a sequel around the film.

It didn't do well at the BO, but I am glad it found its audience on Netflix.

Shilpa looks great for her age. And considering she debuted 30 years ago, she can still give current actresses a run for their money.

I personally think Sukhi would've been better as was a web-series. smiley20 

I am so happy to see that so many 90s to early 2000s actresses like Sushmita, Madhuri, Karisma, Raveena, Pooja, Juhi, Kajol, Sonali have taken that route. smiley32

Who else is even remaining now?

Urmila?  I heard she shot for a web series but it got shelved.

Manisha? I guess Manisha did an OTT film but not series.

Mahima is returning with that god-for-saken Kangana film.smiley44

Tabu and Rani are still handling their film careers well, so I doubt they would retort to OTT.

Preity should do some work on OTT too.

I wish Sridevi was still here. She would have rocked on OTT.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

I really liked the film, and I was wondering if they will make a sequel around the film.

Shilpa looks great for her age. And considering she debuted 30 years ago, she can still give current actresses a run for their money.

I am so happy to see that so many 90s to early 2000s actresses like Sushmita, Madhuri, Karisma, Raveena, Pooja, Juhi, Kajol, Sonali have taken that route. smiley32

Tabu and Rani are still handling their film careers well, so I doubt they would retort to OTT.

I noticed even at the Archies premiere that if you look at all the actresses who came, Shilpa is easily looking the best. Not much different from a decade or two ago.

Yes, it's been refreshing to see so many of the 90s actresses returning to the screen even if it's in the form of OTT. I remember that even Kajol, with all her starpower, said it's very hard to get good roles for actresses of her age and OTT is the main way they can still keep working. And Kajol has powerful friends who can always get her roles like Ajay, SRK, Kjo, etc. so if she's struggling to work outside of OTT, I can only imagine what it's like for the others.

That's a pity about Urmila. I didn't realize she had a series that was cancelled. She's one of my favorites and one I would love to see on the screen again outside of item songs.

Manisha has been working but when it comes to films, she seems to be relegated to mother roles now. Her meaty roles have been outside of mainstream Hindi cinema.

I always liked Mahima very much so I was also disappointed that her return happens to correspond with Kangana of all people. But I know she had a hard time making it in the industry and said that outside of Salman and 1-2 other people, basically everyone ignored her and stopped giving her the time of day.

Tabu and Rani should be fine. Rani especially with YRF behind her. I don't think Sridevi would ever have resorted to OTT. Madhuri did because her film comebacks kept flopping. English Vinglish and Mom were major hits and so I imagine that had Sridevi continued on, her other films would have worked as well. But then again, she was the original choice for Kalank before Madhuri replaced her after her death so perhaps even Sridevi's films were not untouchable.

There's an American show on ABC called Fresh Off the Boat about Chinese immigrants to America. Preity appeared in an episode because she was supposed to get a spinoff about Indian immigrants. That never happened though otherwise Preity and Priyanka could both have been airing on ABC at the same time. I know last year Preity was confirmed to be appearing in another film but her previous comebacks were also in production hiatus for many years so I don't know. With the Deol brothers more popular than ever, and her being so close to them, she's probably better off returning onscreen with one of them. Although Bhaiaji Superhit was an attempt to do that, the Deol brothers did not have as much success back in 2018 compared to now.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think Aishwarya can do alot better 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I noticed even at the Archies premiere that if you look at all the actresses who came, Shilpa is easily looking the best. Not much different from a decade or two ago.

Yes, it's been refreshing to see so many of the 90s actresses returning to the screen even if it's in the form of OTT. I remember that even Kajol, with all her starpower, said it's very hard to get good roles for actresses of her age and OTT is the main way they can still keep working. And Kajol has powerful friends who can always get her roles like Ajay, SRK, Kjo, etc. so if she's struggling to work outside of OTT, I can only imagine what it's like for the others.

That's a pity about Urmila. I didn't realize she had a series that was cancelled. She's one of my favorites and one I would love to see on the screen again outside of item songs.

Manisha has been working but when it comes to films, she seems to be relegated to mother roles now. Her meaty roles have been outside of mainstream Hindi cinema.

I always liked Mahima very much so I was also disappointed that her return happens to correspond with Kangana of all people. But I know she had a hard time making it in the industry and said that outside of Salman and 1-2 other people, basically everyone ignored her and stopped giving her the time of day.

Tabu and Rani should be fine. Rani especially with YRF behind her. I don't think Sridevi would ever have resorted to OTT. Madhuri did because her film comebacks kept flopping. English Vinglish and Mom were major hits and so I imagine that had Sridevi continued on, her other films would have worked as well. But then again, she was the original choice for Kalank before Madhuri replaced her after her death so perhaps even Sridevi's films were not untouchable.

There's an American show on ABC called Fresh Off the Boat about Chinese immigrants to America. Preity appeared in an episode because she was supposed to get a spinoff about Indian immigrants. That never happened though otherwise Preity and Priyanka could both have been airing on ABC at the same time. I know last year Preity was confirmed to be appearing in another film but her previous comebacks were also in production hiatus for many years so I don't know. With the Deol brothers more popular than ever, and her being so close to them, she's probably better off returning onscreen with one of them. Although Bhaiaji Superhit was an attempt to do that, the Deol brothers did not have as much success back in 2018 compared to now.

OTT definitely has been a boon for good actors.

Urmila's web series looked quite badass and savage. I don't know why they shelved it

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 00-24-20 Tiwari.png

Pooja Bhatt was terrific in Bombay Begums, even though she lost her conventional 90s looks. Therefore, I think Manisha and Mahima can play powerful roles too, even if they are mother roles.

I hope Mahima gets the visibility she deserves post Emergency, so that she lands good work. She is a good actress.

What you said for Preeti is absolutely true.I was actually thinking the same thing. Deol brothers are back in the gane and I hope she collaborates with them. She has always had good chemistry with Bobby.

Regarding Sridevi, I think OTT in India was still in quite early stages when she passed away.

I feel, given the right oppptunity, she would have given OTT a chance had she lived to see the boom post 2019.

As mentioned by Shaitan (not sure if sarcastically), I think Aish should give OTT a chance too after her success in PS series.

There is another 90s actress, Nagma who I would love to see back in films or OTT. Though she was never as popular as others, she worked in several film industries across India. I always found her to be pretty and underutlized.

Same for Bipasha from 2000s. She has like completely disappeared now. Last I heard she was pregnant. She should comeback.

Some other notable mentions of actresses who made comebacks on OTT are Ayesha Jhula, Dia Mirza, and Lara Dutta.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

OTT definitely has been a boon for good actors.

Urmila's web series looked quite badass and savage. I don't know why they shelved it

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 00-24-20 Tiwari.png

Pooja Bhatt was terrific in Bombay Begums, even though she lost her conventional 90s looks. Therefore, I think Manisha and Mahima can play powerful roles too, even if they are mother roles.

I hope Mahima gets the visibility she deserves post Emergency, so that she lands good work. She is a good actress.

What you said for Preeti is absolutely true.I was actually thinking the same thing. Deol brothers are back in the gane and I hope she collaborates with them. She has always had good chemistry with Bobby.

Regarding Sridevi, I think OTT in India was still in quite early stages when she passed away.

I feel, given the right oppptunity, she would have given OTT a chance had she lived to see the boom post 2019.

As mentioned by Shaitan (not sure if sarcastically), I think Aish should give OTT a chance too after her success in PS series.

There is another 90s actress, Nagma who I would love to see back in films or OTT. Though she was never as popular as others, she worked in several film industries across India. I always found her to be pretty and underutlized.

Same for Bipasha from 2000s. She has like completely disappeared now. Last I heard she was pregnant. She should comeback.

Some other notable mentions of actresses who made comebacks on OTT are Ayesha Jhula, Dia Mirza, and Lara Dutta.

Sorry, didn't see this either until just now.

I wish there was some explanation as to why Tiwari was cancelled. It looked good from the description. How ironic that the poster literally says Season One, showing plans for future seasons, when we couldn't even get one episode launched.

I've never seen Pooja Bhatt before in any film so I have little to no knowledge about her.

I think Mahima's main problem is being out of the industry so long and even when she was in it, she never had any major connections to get her the main roles. So I feel she'll probably stick to supporting roles from now on.

I liked Preity with Bobby a lot. Didn't care so much for her with Sunny but I'm not a Sunny fan.

I think Sridevi would only have ventured into OTT if her films started flopping. English Vinglish and Mom were both such successes that she wouldn't need a reason to not keep her films theatrical. Kalank though was a flop so had she lived to be in that, that would have ruined her trend.

I feel Aish is also not the type to care much for OTT and see it as beneath her. That's just speculation on my part though and it's hard to tell because she barely acts now so her lack of acting in OTT might be more just lack of acting in general.

Not familiar with Nagma either.

Yeah, Bipasha did disappear after a while. She was very popular in the 2000s even if her most mainstream films tended to feature her as a supporting heroine. The John Abraham equation also helped keep her in spotlight back then.

Dia Mirza's had a big comeback on OTT. I haven't heard much about Lara Dutta's return so don't know if it boosted her career or not. She was also very popular in the 2000s.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Shilpa Shetty's comeback in Sukhee has been a huge hit. Enough that a sequel has already been commissioned on Netflix. I was surprised to not see any discussion of this so since people were already complaining about seeing too many Shilpa Shetty threads, I decided to create another one.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/exclusives/exclusive-shilpa-shetty-kundras-sukhee-2-in-the-works-post-tremendous-response-on-netflix-1262342

Says who? Her PR team? The movie has a lifetime worldwide collection of under 4 cr, if this is a huge hit then I guess we are living in 1970s

[Post Removed]

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I was bored one day during a weekend & randomly begun watching Sukhee. Surprisingly I liked it! It was so simple, sweet & Shilpa is a pretty good actress so it worked. Kusha Kapila being decades younger than her & cast as her SCHOOL FRIEND was hilarious but goes to show exactly how weird BW is about age/ ageing & women who aren’t stick thin/ have model figures. 

Anyway, not a bad film at all & Shilpa is so watchable in it.