Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

Not in my opinion!

Kids have a natural curiosity for everything 'forbidden'. I read about theatre staff that didn't respect the A-rating, so - again - it's a failure of adult's behaviour.

The lockdowns during the Covid-pandemic had given the OTT-viewing culture a kind of importance that Cinema can't reverse. The filmindustries have to act on to make the "going to the movies" a family event but also making it a pure friends event.

Animal principally is - imo - a male-friends-event.

I’ll also blame cinema owners 

But sadly a lot of these kids/teens  find the movie online soon enough 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: carisma2

... A lot of folks now have a problem with respect and dignity. 

My experience tells me that one can make entertaining (and also meaningful) movies where respect and dignity have a prominent place - for all generations -  which become successful financial ventures.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Not in my opinion!

Kids have a natural curiosity for everything 'forbidden'. I read about theatre staff that didn't respect the A-rating, so - again - it's a failure of adult's behaviour.

The lockdowns during the Covid-pandemic had given the OTT-viewing culture a kind of importance that Cinema can't reverse. The filmindustries have to act on to make the "going to the movies" a family event but also making it a pure friends event.

Animal principally is - imo - a male-friends-event.

Its not the kids fault. But Its the parents' fault and the theater's fault. Definitely not the movie maker's or the actor's fault

bold - you are projecting your opinion of a movie (you havent watched) to make a generalised statement on how this movie is not for women? smiley15

MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

The present generation keeps complaining about the OTT sweetness that Prem in Barjatiya movies had.They find those characters so hard to digest..which I now understand.Now we have an audience that celebrates the toxic alpha maledom.The problem is not watching the movie or appreciating the actors..the problem is when you see the audience hooting and clapping during those vulgar,tasteless scenes.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MyselfJ

The present generation keeps complaining about the OTT sweetness that Prem in Barjatiya movies had.

If Salman ever does Prem again I better find all these woke people buying tickets smiley36

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

bold - you are projecting your opinion of a movie (you havent watched) to make a generalised statement on how this movie is not for women? smiley15

Dear, I wrote "principally"...that isn't an excluding term, right? So, of course, I didn't exclude women... I myself would have gone to watch the movie if it had a - to me - intriguing story (which I hoped for but doubted rather early in my posts written before the release).

Showing-off violence is just that: showing-off ... and shallow...why paying to watch it?

Dear, I wrote "principally"...that isn't an excluding term, right? So, of course, I didn't exclude women... I myself would have gone to watch the movie if it had a - to me - intriguing story (which I hoped for but doubted rather early in my posts written before the release).

Showing-off violence is just that: showing-off ... and shallow...why paying to watch it?

Technicality, but fair enough smiley1 

Same reason people watch movies for jump scares .. action sequences. You may find violence on the big screen as shallow, but a lot of people find it entertaining and most of the folks are able to separate the identify of the characters from their real lives. 

The church scene in Kingsman is an absolute massacre and bloodbath where the Kingsman kills 100s of "innocent" people, but its so much fun to watch. There was no "need" for that scene, but its entertaining to see a character taking down 100s of people single handedly - its always been for a large section of the audience

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Same reason people watch movies for jump scares .. action sequences. You may find violence on the big screen as shallow, but a lot of people find it entertaining and most of the folks are able to separate the identify of the characters from their real lives. 

The church scene in Kingsman is an absolute massacre and bloodbath where the Kingsman kills 100s of "innocent" people, but its so much fun to watch. There was no "need" for that scene, but its entertaining to see a character taking down 100s of people single handedly - its always been for a large section of the audience

No, Crime Master, that isn't my thinking...I've no general problem with violence in movies (I like action movies!!!)...I just feel that the violence in Animal isn't rooted in a story or an charcter arc but done for just  (and only) shocking people (or giving them a vicious adrenaline-high) - in my thinking nothing I would support.

As in real life, killing 100s of people in a closed room has happened a lot of times, I won't find it really "entertaining" if it isn't narrated in a way that gives a distance to the happening...

There are different forms of depicting/showing violence on screen...and it doesn't even has to be mass-murder...there are people who pay a lot of money to delect themselves in watching how one person (favorably a woman or a kid) is tortured and killed while being filmed...

No, Crime Master, that isn't my thinking...I've no general problem with violence in movies (I like action movies!!!)...I just feel that the violence in Animal isn't rooted in a story or an charcter arc but done for just  (and only) shocking people (or giving them a vicious adrenaline-high) - in my thinking nothing I would support.

As in real life, killing 100s of people in a closed room has happened a lot of times, I won't find it really "entertaining" if it isn't narrated in a way that gives a distance to the happening...

There are different forms of depicting/showing violence on screen...and it doesn't even has to be mass-murder...there are people who pay a lot of money to delect themselves in watching how one person (favorably a woman or a kid) is tortured and killed while being filmed...

Honestly, almost every action scene can be shot without showing violence - whether in Bollywood or in any other industry. Every violent scene can be implied instead of being shown explicitly. The scenes are shown at a particular intensity based on the need to illicit reactions and emotions from the audience - you can call it provocative if you must. Not everything needs to be linked to the plot either. 

RK's character in Animal is doing extremely violent and wrong things but he has clearly been show as deranged and a psycho from the trailer itself. His dad is shown to be shocked at what he has become and he pointedly tells his wife that your son is a criminal. His wife is calling him out for his actions - I am guessing (and hoping) there will be more such reference to his madness in the movie. Heck, the movie name is Animal which basically is pointing towards the dehumanization of the principal character. In the end, its not real life. Its a movie - a work of fiction. 

Like I said earlier - some will be able to take the movie at face value and treat it as a work of fiction, some will try to draw parallels to the real world and take umbrage to the actions being shown on screen. Neither party is wrong. But holding a work of fiction responsible for things happening in the real world and judging people for watching or even enjoying the movie is something I dont find fair

Clochette thumbnail

I absolutely relate to your last post!

My choice to not watching the movie (pay for it and thus supporting it) is the - to me - disappointing treatement of the subject...in more than one way.

With the talent, Vanga had shown with Arjun Reddy, Animal should have been another kind of movie (again, imo and based on informations only).

Humans animal part had been already showcased in many movies, less superficial and sensational...