Did Shilpa Shetty deserve a Filmfare nomination for Dhadkan?

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Absolutely not 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

But why? It's considered her best movie.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 5 months ago
Supari_khala thumbnail

Was it 2000? The only memorable performance from that year by a popular commercial heroine is Karisma in Zubeida. In my opinion, anyway. I Don’t remember the others much. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Karishma Kapoor – Fiza (winner )

Aishwarya Rai – Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai 

Madhuri Dixit – Pukar

Preity Zinta – Kya Kehna!

Tabu – Astitva

This is how it went You guys decide if Shilpa belonged

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Karishma Kapoor – Fiza (winner )

Aishwarya Rai – Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai 

Madhuri Dixit – Pukar

Preity Zinta – Kya Kehna!

Tabu – Astitva

This is how it went You guys decide if Shilpa belonged

Shilpa definitely belonged if Aishwarya Rai belonged. smiley26

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I've never seen Pukar so I don't know if Madhuri's performance was worth the nomination or not. As the most nominated Filmfare actress I could see that nom being a freebie.

The others I think were all deserving. But there have been some years with six nominees so I so think Shilpa deserved to be included for her definitive role. I can see why she felt rejected by the industry.

Urmila has also made comments about how she never felt respected by the awards.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I've never seen Pukar so I don't know if Madhuri's performance was worth the nomination or not. As the most nominated Filmfare actress I could see that nom being a freebie.

The others I think were all deserving. But there have been some years with six nominees so I so think Shilpa deserved to be included for her definitive role. I can see why she felt rejected by the industry.

Urmila has also made comments about how she never felt respected by the awards.

Pukar is a nice movie. Watch it if you can. Urmila did say something about not being nominated for a film but then I saw she was. She just didn't win. Stuff like that grates me cause thats a lie.(perhaps she was upset she didn't which is fine but dont lie about it.  In fact I had actually went to see if Shilpa was nominated incase she was lying. smiley36

Edited by Maroonporsche - 5 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Pukar is a nice movie. Watch it if you can. Urmila did say something about not being nominated for a film but then I saw she was. She just didn't win. Stuff like that grates me cause thats a lie.(perhaps she was upset she didn't which is fine but dont lie about it.  In fact I had actually went to see if Shilpa was nominated incase she was lying. smiley36

I do plan on watching it because I like the songs from the movie.

I was confused about Urmila's comments as well but some speculated she meant she didn't get a National Film Award nomination rather than a Filmfare nomination. And there are some movies she didn't specifically mention which I do feel she was snubbed for. Like Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara which she got some nominations for but not a Filmfare nomination. 

Pinjar and Tezeeb are films she should also have been nominated for. The problem was that they came out the same year as Bhoot so those performances were mostly ignored at awards especially Tezeeb. Pinjar still got some nominations and I can see why some felt she should have gotten dual nominations that year for Bhoot and Pinjar since Preity got dual nominations that same year for Kal Ho Naa Ho and Koi Mil Giya.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

She deserved a nomination, but I think Karisma winning the award for Fiza was justified.

Worst was Kareena winning Best Debut over Amishasmiley24.

In fact, Shamita from Mohabatein and that girl from Tum Bin (that was a surprise hit) deserved more than Kareena.

I mean no one cared about Bebo and her film at that time.

It was a no-brainier to give the award to Amisha who had the most successful debut opposite Hrithik in 2000.

Edited by diasingh2 - 5 months ago