Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 months ago

I don’t feel I need to move to another country or speak the way they speak in order to be accepted: DP

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

PC does not have one friend left in India....and not many in America either.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Aish and PC looked for opportunities in the west, because they where blacklisted by people supporting Salman and  SRK..

South stars or BW stars don't leave their strongholds,unless forced to.

There is plenty of money here.Minor celebs live in luxury in Showbiz in India.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Sour grapes is a well known story, DPsmiley36

There are some actors who work in an industry just to get that cred under their belt. They don't hire an agency to represent them though. DP did. 

With re: PC. It's undeniable that Hollywood has bigger reach currently. Korean movies and TV, too, but I don't think they hire non Koreans. smiley36 Hollywood also means more money. What's wrong with that ambition? PC ain't running a drug mafia or laundering money. She's just working hard. When did ambition become a dirty word?

Also, actors like Irrfan and Tabu were accepted by the industry without speaking like *them.* Not talking about box office success, but in terms of recognition by industry insiders. 

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

First of all DP is horrible in articulating what she wants to say. 

Second, I really don’t think she is taking a dig at PC. 

Anyway, Deepika doesn’t seem like a girls girl,  she doesn’t have much friends in the industry. 

Edited by Joannna - 5 months ago

LOL vintage Deepika is back smiley39

https://x.com/spicdles/status/1724322349023916151?s=46&t=DAl3urN5OT5DAWGWEmZLXA

Edited by sugarcane_juice - 5 months ago
Blueberry94 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

PC does not have one friend left in India....and not many in America either.

okay dp doesnt Have much friend's too lol and didnt dp try in hw too lol but failed eww sour grapes?

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I skimmed the full article. Nowhere does she mention anything about 'speak the way they do' ? 

This is the part, where she is asked if she wants to move out of the country. 

On the topic of cultural capital and blurring borders, I ask Padukone if she eventually plans to move and I’m met with an emphatic no, that India is home. “Why do I need to move with bag and baggage to have global impact? Early on in my modelling career, I had an offer to move overseas and all of the fashion gurus in India said, ‘You shouldn’t be here, you should be in Paris, New York or Milan,’ and I was like, ‘No, those places are not my home. India is home.’”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vogue.in/content/deepika-padukone-why-do-i-need-to-move-with-bag-and-baggage-to-have-global-impact-november-december-2023/amp

Don't see anything wrong here. As usual social media making baat ka batangad

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I saw this interview. Never connected her reply to the question asked to her to PC. Only PC fan or who dislike DP can twist it and connect it in such a way. 

DP seriously should stop giving interviews. In fact all actors so that nothing is taken out of hand. Let there be curiosity like before social media. Glad Srk has stopped giving interviews. Be like SRK.

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Deepu should just keep quiet at this point smiley36