Posted: 5 months ago

[Post Removed]

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: cherry_fan

whattt seriously? 

that’s insane if true smiley3

I can't find a story on someone actually doing it although I thought I remembered that. But there were thousands of woman who threatened to to do jauhar if the film was not cancelled.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/kshatriya-community-women-threaten-self-immolation-if-padmavat-release-not-stopped/story-oOlIfQJJUtpiSxVZSUspUL.html

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I can't find a story on someone actually doing it although I thought I remembered that. But there were thousands of woman who threatened to to do jauhar if the film was not cancelled.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/kshatriya-community-women-threaten-self-immolation-if-padmavat-release-not-stopped/story-oOlIfQJJUtpiSxVZSUspUL.html

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ some people are too much 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Didn't Deepika got complaints from both sides such as that she was glorifying jauhar?

[Post Removed]

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

It was during the 2018 Actresses Roundtable. Deepika spoke up about how she was getting flack for glorifying the practice of jauhar from the way it was portrayed in Padmaavat and she had to speak up about that and clarify that she does not endorse jauhar.

MV5BNTYwNWJkMmMtYTVhOC00MTRkLWEwMTAtNzA1YmRjMDgyYjc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODAzNzAwOTU@._V1_.jpg

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 4 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

"Padmaavat": Deepika Padukone Says, 'No Sane Person Today Will Endorse Jauhar'

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/padmaavat-deepika-padukone-says-no-sane-person-today-will-endorse-jauhar-1807966

"Most obviously, nobody... No sane, intelligent person today would endorse an act of Jauhar. You have to look at it for the time it was set in. And on a lighter note, I think certain people just missed the disclaimer at the beginning of the film," Deepika, 32, told IANS.

Of Swara Bhasker's open letter, in which she accused director Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'glorifying jauhar,' Deepika said: "I might agree or disagree with what she (Swara) said, but I respect the fact that she has an opinion. And I think anything beyond that is unnecessary and uncalled for." Deepika earlier told India Today that Swara "probably missed the disclaimer in the beginning" and added that the film was not just about the jauhar. "It is a celebration of woman power and dignity," she said.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 4 months ago
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Didn't Deepika got complaints from both sides such as that she was glorifying jauhar?

Who are these dimwits who care too much about a fictional character and doesnt blink an eye to real world atrocities. They need to be laughed at smiley36

[Post Removed]

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Gee, I wonder who this new account is after a certain Cherry was outed and suspended. Who else would dig up an old thread they kept begging other users to revive for their own kicks so no one would suspect who was really behind all the hate?