Some unpopular YRKKH opinions ( and one kinda popular one...)

Nutella03 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago
  1. Shivangi Joshi is unnecessarily hated, and once she settled into her role as Naira, she was quite alright. It was just her character that got really annoying after a couple of years.

2. Pranali is even more unnecessarily hated. She's a very decent actress, better than Shivangi and Akshu is a faaaaaaaaaaaar better character than Naira. Abhimanyu was really shitty to her, and she was absolutely right in moving on.

3. Akshu didn't have much of a personality before the leap, she only got one when her character did a 180 after the leap. That's when YRKKH S3 really started. Before that, it was random mushy crap; the story only picked up after the leap.

4. Most of the discourse on YRKKH fails to acknowledge how horrible Kartik and Abhimanyu were as characters, and even if they do, it's 5 percent of how much shit Naira (hers is much more deserved since she fled 10 times) and Akshu get. Moreover, the same thing with the actors, Mohsin and Harshad's acting was extremely subpar, and both the female leads acted better, but the women still get far more flak for bad acting. Misogyny istg! I haven't seen much beyond the akshara-naitik era, but I've seen enough of the show and the fandom to know this to be true.

5. Manjiri is the shittiest character to have ever existed in YRKKH history, and nobody talks about how Abhi still accords her so much love and respect.

6. Nobody acknowledges how despite all its faults (what with constantly killing all the leads) YRKHH is so progressive for this pregnancy storyline with Akshu. Just consider this in isolation: An ITV female lead, actually dumping her supposed true love husband --who constantly blamed her for every problem in his house, and abandoned her when she needed him the most-- and marrying another man who is an actual nice guy. I'm not talking about how Abhi's character changes later, this is specifically for pre-leap Abhi. She genuinely fell out of love from the toxic first husband (at least for sometime) and fell in love with the man who treated her right, and is really happy to have his baby now, even after his death. Has this ever happened before? 

Now, this one's pretty popular. Having said all of this, nobody can top the first 4-5 years of YRKHH with Hina as Akshara and Karan as Naitik. It continues to be the finest work of Indian Television post 2000s and a gold-standard for family soap operas world-wide. The subtlety with which each storyline was handled was SO GOOD.

All the family members were such well-crafted characters right down to the househelp, and every single one of them was a great actor. A true ensemble cast: Gayatri, Varsha, Shaurya, Bhabhima, Daddaji, Rajshri, Vishambhar, Dadi, Mohit, Nandini, Rashmi, Nikhil, best of all Lil Naksh and sooo many more! Hell, even cameos like Rituraj and Bindiya were so good!

It was an extremely progressive show as it showed actual progression: we saw how Akshara's sasural progressed from a conservative sexist household to a much more free breathable liberating space. Nobody can compete, and Rajan Shahi was never able to recreate the magic of those first few years of YRKHH ever again. I hope he does at some point!

Edited by Nutella03 - 6 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Criticiser thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 6 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

I agree with your points and as an unbiased loyal legacy viewer I would like to analyse further and add some opinions of my own.

1. In my opinion Shivangi is very overrated as an actress don’t get the massive hype around her? She’s just a decent actress like anyone else. 

2. I agree Pranali is definitely more better than Shivangi and this can be seen in her previous projects such as Barrister Babu and KUDCA. It’s sad how she is unnecessarily hated because of her character.

And Akshara is definitely not better than Naira she is much worser. In fact she is the most pathetic FL I have ever seen! 

3. Akshara may have been a Mahaan fool before the leap but at least she was innocent and tolerable unlike post leap where she becomes an incarnate of Kokila Modi!

4. Kartik and Abhimanyu were both good characters when they first entered (especially Kartik) it’s sad how makers ruined their characters by making them typical toxic angry men. 

Though I don’t blame the actors for doing bad acting due to them getting such a pathetic script. Eg HC is a great actor no doubt but even his acting doesn’t seem good in this show due to how bad the script is.

5. Agreed Manjari is no doubt the worst character in this show! I’ve hated her even when she had her fake mask of sweetness pre leap! She is a disgusting, vile hag who deserves the cliff more than Gayatri!

6. See there is honestly no problem with Akshara moving on with a genuine man who loves her. The problem is the time and way this all happened. We can’t forget that the brother of her husband and her baby died that day due to her carelessness. I agree that Abhimanyu’s behaviour was horrible that day but it doesn’t mean that she should hop on a random bus travelling to the middle of nowhere instead of going to her parents house, or somewhere else that’s safe!

Nothing will ever beat S1 in this lifetime it was a masterpiece created by DKP that will always be cherished forever. The show show was honestly amazing back then no negativity, ott drama, toxicity or vamps. It was a beautiful world which showed the life of a loving, arranged couple NaKsh, their sweet family and their day to day lives. Every character had a significant role to play back then and weren’t sidelined or glorified for the leads unlike recent seasons.

How I wish S4 could be a repeat of the utopia known as S1 if only the writers of DKP would stop being so useless and would use their brains once again like the good old days.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Agree with all your points except the actors & their acting.

I liked naira & Kartika both as actors and characters , but uptil a point. 

I don't like Harshad as Dr Birla,  pranali is okay , she's beautiful that's about it..

Story wise , agree with everything ..

S1 is definitely the gold standard ..s3 is the shittiest because of the jumpy storyline and vile toxic characters like manjari , goenkas & the rest of the Birlas. 

I still don't get how Dr's cruel act of divorcing his wife at her lowest and kicking her out is seen as a part of narrative to bring the leap while aksharas bus adventures and marrying abhin puts her on the same pedestal as a vamp  ... 

CottonCandyy thumbnail

Pranali and Shivangi are both okayish actors. Since Rishta is drawing in a wider audience, it stands to reason that their performances will also receive more notice too , it’s pardon parcel of their job I don’t think it’s too unfair for them . 

Pranali is definitely better than Shivangi but Akshara is one of the worst female lead out there. She has no agency of her own at all. And Pranali isn’t that good here in this show unlike her previous ones.

I think a lot of people talk about Manjari, Abhimanyu and their toxic behaviour, it’s definitely a popular opinion smiley36

I definitely don’t agree that male actors are worst than female actors. Harshad at least makes an effort despite the terrible script, Abhimanyu appears to have grown since the leap solely on his acting I must say ; he has good at creating connections with characters that those relationships feel real and you get immersed in the story. Pranali is decent and beautiful but she struggles to establish that invisible connection, majority of her scenes seem contrived.  Jay and Harshad are particularly excellent with children. Even though Mohsin is a one-tone performer, he isn't an overactor like Shivangi.

So I think it’s too much to label audience as misogynists for simply not connecting with female actor’s subpar performances.

Akshara moving on from her past is definitely progressive on paper but it’s the execution that matters . She is going back to same people she cursed without any real reason. Akshara has a habit of making decisions on whims and then escaping from its consequences. There’s nothing to appreciate about her character or actions. 

The father and kid relationships, whether they were Ruhi and Abhimanyu or Abhinav and Abhir, were the only thing I loved and enjoyed about this Gen. Makers did a fantastic job of showcasing that ties based solely on blood aren't the only ones that matter. 

Gen1 was definitely gold standard and that’s why it had a long successful run while this gen is barely able to remain in the market smiley39

Edited by Orchid2 - 6 months ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Orchid2

Akshara moving on from her past is definitely progressive on paper but it’s the execution that matters . She is going back to same people she cursed without any real reason. Akshara has a habit of making decisions on whims and then escaping from its consequences. There’s nothing to appreciate about her character or actions. 

Yes. This is where itv fails..akshara only went a step ahead & accepted a new n better relationship in her life..except for that there is nothing to be appreciated in her . 

If she had to go bk to her ex , after those big big Umar qaid dialogues , it nullifies her progression. That's why all their shows will fail eventually..ghum anupama and this one. Ghum had a Gen leap so one chapter is over already..anupama aunty has been sailing in two boats for quite sometime under different excuses . I hope s3 ends right here..it's nonsense piling up everyday.

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Naira is hated whaaaa?? In which universe? She was single best thing in gen 2 a true sherni taking stand for everything, a proper character growth and great person to look upto. Of course she faltered acting wise here and there but she was wayy better she had chemistry with every character. The downgrade from naira to akshara 2 has been evident just look at the trp and negative buzz around the show lol 

Pranali isn't better than shivangi at all lol. It was soo obvious when show took leap and she had to play a mother. Unnecessary yelling at everyone isn't being strong character. Shivangi in 2 years had shown so much growth whereas PR has faltered. In some scenes it's not even clear if she's supposed to play a vamp or good human being 😂😂

You lost me at ak being better character before leap. Yeah sure. Leaving in laws to deal with multiple death, chosing a man off street, now again coming back to ex whom she has mentally physically abused to the point he wanted to kill himself, an actual criminal who makers themselves troll, emotionally manipulating her ex and small kid, her forced victimhood is being a great character? Comparing this to naira who had same storyline to leaving home and taking care of kid, look at the character growth. The pain just pulls people in. Compare this to ak2 yeaaaah no. You are seeing pre leap story through abhira pov that's why it feels mushy. Ak was a empathic sweet person back then. 

No comment on abhi kartik cause forum already hates abhi just need a reason to pounce on him😂

I guess people want abhi to slap Manju Kokila modi style and kick her on ass. Naaaa that's not going to happen. Btw he left her now I guess you are a bit happy? Abhi will also die so now Manju will have nothing and she will die too a proper karma as per people here I guess 😂😂 before Manju mimi was there who was like ok your husband hits you? Big deal stay with him. Manju rubbed feet of the ex bahu who was responsible for her son's death. 

Naitik akshara and the storyline back then >>>>>>>

R.G.C thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Brilliantly written. The amount of hate the girls get is unparalleled while the male characters’ toxic traits have been accepted since the start. Abhim had anger issues from the start of the show. His impulsive nature has also been shown from the beginning. Him going after a girl he hardly knew and gets only infatuated with because of her voice, if look at this objectively, it comes off as superficial and very over the surface, yet he has been put on a pedestal of mahaanta and one true love policy. Despite having constantly made the same love not at home by telling her not to indulge in family matters, or showing continuous distrust towards your partner and blaming he for every itty bitty nuances happening around him on her without even talking to her. And still he is hailed for what not here. And I have not even mentioned yet his most severe wrong of leaving his partner in the most intricate moments because of his anger issues. Anything he got post that was totally caused by the stream of events he started knitting himself, his misery was of his own making, yet the FL has to take a flak of everthing because ML to mahaan hai, lol, wo murder bhi kar de to bhi FL hi responsible honi chahiye, how dare she make him so depressed that wo murder kar diya, this is the state right nowsmiley32  

Coming to Kaira, totally agree with you again. Although I have watched the season in bits and pieces so not sure if the right person to comment about the same. Kartik was really toxic at many points in that relationship yet Naira’s character was blamed more for the things that happened in that relationship. I think with each gen it keeps getting more and more toxic, that’s the trend they are following.

About Ak pregnancy track, there are some things that seem progressive while others don’t to me. Yes, it is progressive to show itv FL to have child with another character, but then her whole family manipulating her to believe being a single mother is a no no while having another daughter who has been a single mother for 6-7 years, they totally lost me there.

About acting, I have not watched Pr’s previous works, but she is doing average in YRKKH honestly. But yes, her being shamed for that while more experienced actors like HC being equally bad or worse and yet enjoying the praises shows the clear bias present in the audience. And I have liked HC in his other works, not saying he is bad actor, but he is bad in this show, its clear, so why spread hate for the woman here while the guy leaves unscratched does not make sense to me. Either criticise both objectively or just don’t mock anybody.

Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krinya

Agree with all your points except the actors & their acting.

I liked naira & Kartika both as actors and characters , but uptil a point. 

I don't like Harshad as Dr Birla,  pranali is okay , she's beautiful that's about it..

Story wise , agree with everything ..

S1 is definitely the gold standard ..s3 is the shittiest because of the jumpy storyline and vile toxic characters like manjari , goenkas & the rest of the Birlas. 

I still don't get how Dr's cruel act of divorcing his wife at her lowest and kicking her out is seen as a part of narrative to bring the leap while aksharas bus adventures and marrying abhin puts her on the same pedestal as a vamp  ... 

Bold: This is what is most illogical thing with the viewers. Abhimanyu was angry and that's why he can divorce and kick her out, be angry with her 6 years even. But if Akshara goes away and finds solace in someone else, that's very wrong. 

That means Abhimanyu (and whole FD of Abhi) expects Akshara to behave as per his/their expectation of going back to her family and eventually get back to him. You have disowned her, now she is totally free to do what she wants to do. To go back to family, stay single or find another man is her choice, right? 

Akshara moving back with her toxic ex is the worst thing that can be shown

The amount of hate Akshara and Pranali gets is too heart breaking.

Rosh4rose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Lethamukund

Bold: This is what is most illogical thing with the viewers. Abhimanyu was angry and that's why he can divorce and kick her out, be angry with her 6 years even. But if Akshara goes away and finds solace in someone else, that's very wrong. 

That means Abhimanyu (and whole FD of Abhi) expects Akshara to behave as per his/their expectation of going back to her family and eventually get back to him. You have disowned her, now she is totally free to do what she wants to do. To go back to family, stay single or find another man is her choice, right? 

Akshara moving back with her toxic ex is the worst thing that can be shown

The amount of hate Akshara and Pranali gets is too heart breaking.

Totally agree with you 

Most illogical thing was " insulting and kicking out of AKshara" by AbhiM , he is continously being manipulated by his mother wax too much 😑 

AK made her choice ! What was wrong with it !

Then now she is moving back , on top of that she was taking care of Manj also ... what to say !

This is what ITV'S characters do 

Yes the amount of " name calling ,  mocking her name and hatred " she AK and Pranali fet is heart breaking 💔... it is very toxic ... 

India_TV thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 4

I have not watched any of the other seasons.....

for this,season,  Abhi;s kicking akshu out of the house at her lowest and then not even bothered to take her calls...was quite inhumane....I m not sure how abhi can get support for such an act.........

same thing, how can people be okay with manjari's demands for aborting the baby, how can this act be justified.........

and then calling names to the baby as tummy mein kachra, product of ONS etc is again not understandable......bhai ....abhinav and akshu were married....akshu ko maili and abhi ko pure.....😂 kaun se zamane ki baaten hain?? the hate akshu gets is totally not understandable....

I was happy to c akshu reject abhi and value the respect and trust in a relationship that she got from abhinav....

IMO, makers should not have shown akshu agreeing to marry abhi...even if gorillas have been shown manipulating abhir.....the story could have been taken in a more progressive way of akshu explaining abhir about how thats not possible...and they can b happy the way things r ....

whats the need of abhi akshu reunion? koi bhi to nahi chahta...the total effect could have been different......was it just to add some shaadi ke functions.....