mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak" or QSQT is a classic Bollywood flick that's an absolute masterpiece in the romantic drama department. This movie, which dropped back in '88, was a game-changer. It's like Bollywood's very own "Romeo and Juliet," starring Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla, and boy, did they light up the screen!

The story is all about love, but it's no smooth ride. Raj and Rashmi come from two totally different worlds. . But love conquers all, right? Well, not so fast. Their families don't exactly throw a party when they find out about the relationship.

What's so cool about QSQT is that it's not just another love story; it's a rollercoaster of emotions with its own share of ups and downs. The music is killer, with songs like "Papa Kehte Hain" and "Ae Mere Humsafar" that still hit you right in the feels.

Watching QSQT is like taking a trip down Bollywood's memory lane. It was the movie that launched Aamir Khan into superstardom, and he's been a force to reckon with ever since.

So, if you're a fan of old-school Bollywood romance, QSQT is a must-watch. It's a timeless classic, and you won't be disappointed.

Has anyone seen it?

Edited by mintyblue - 6 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The question should be, has anyone not seen it yet? 

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you for bringing this up as it has been on my watchlist for a long time but slipped off to the back burner.I haven’t seen a lot of 80s, 90s Hindi movies. Recently I started visiting the classics from that era. Started off with Sunny Deol’s movies, which absolutely blew my mind in terms of the acting, dialogue delivery,story and screenplay. They felt more real , raw ,relevant and more importantly enjoyable, than the movies that are being churned out these days. Now I am extending my watchlist to the other 90s actors. I watched Sarfarosh recently and loved it. 

mintyblue thumbnail

90's movies you should watch:

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)

Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)

Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994)

Andaz Apna Apna (1994)

Dil (1990)

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992)

Rangeela (1995)

Satya (1998)

Bombay (1995)

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mintyblue

90's movies you should watch:

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)

Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)

Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994)

Andaz Apna Apna (1994)

Dil (1990)

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992)

Rangeela (1995)

Satya (1998)

Bombay (1995)

From this list I watched almost all of them except Satya and didn’t like DTPH, Dil and KKHH at all. 

AAA is a cult classic. JJWS is also another classic and aged really well.

The other movies are just average flicks, of course IMHO.

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Minty, Rashmi is also a Hindu in the movie, a Rajput. 

The two families have enmity because boy from Rashmi's family impregnated girl from Raj's family and refuses to get them married. The girl commits suicide and Raj's father shoots the boy. 

The movie was refreshing with fresh faces, melodious music and lovely songs. It does nit have any vulgarity. 

The end is tragic though. 😥

mintyblue thumbnail

OK. I edited that part.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

My second movie with Aamir (first had been Lagaan) as his first movie as a lead actor was very much lauded...and rightly so.

Today, we would say, Aamir had an easy entry into the filmindustry being a 'nepo-kid' smiley2...his uncle already had casted him as a kid in his YaadonKiBaaraat (which I've also watched as it was named as the first real Masala film)...a small bit...like Aryan's first appearance in Hindi cinema also had been only a small bit (K3G)

Aamir (with his father's Tahir surname = Hussain) then played a student (in a film student project by Ketan Mehta in an adaptation of a theatre play that sounds familiar to me). I would have liked to watch Holi but I couldn't find it.

So, I opted for his Cousin's (Mansoor Khan) first movie, the Hindi Romeo-Juliet story. And again my opinion about directional debut movies got affirmed.

Btw. The movie was the first of Aamir's movies released in China ... ("Films popular in China". ...  "A spokesman of China Film Export and Import Corporation said in Bombay that films such as Sholay, Bobby, Qayamat-se-Qayamai Tak, Hero Hiralal, Shahenshah, Jalwa, Nacha Mayuri, Naseeb, Dance Dance, Disco Dancer and Naam, are being exhibited all over China.")

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

From this list I watched almost all of them except Satya and didn’t like DTPH, Dil and KKHH at all. 

AAA is a cult classic. JJWS is also another classic and aged really well.

The other movies are just average flicks, of course IMHO.

Do watch the below stated ones, you will love these :

DIL HAI KE MANTA NAHI - 1991

GUMRAH - 1993

100 DAYS -  1991

ANADI -  1993

DAMINI - 1993

ANDAZ - 1994

ANJAAM - 1994

UDHAAR KI ZINDAGI - 1994

BANDIT QUEEN - 1994

EK LADKA EK LADKI - 1992

LAMHE - 1991

PRAHAAR - 1991

DIL AASHNA HAI - 1993

KHEL - 1992

PHIR TERI KAHANI YAAD AAYI - 1993

AAINA - 1993

MAACHIS - 1996

SAPNE - 1997

TAMANNA - 1997

ZAKHM - 1998

KAUN - 1999

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Never saw the movie. I know it’s based off Romeo and Juliet.