Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 months ago

Actually, I only got attentive of what did interest me and that was the moment, when BM suddenly announced the 18th of Dec in a teaser?/trailer?/poster? although this date had been annouced by Dilwale and Eros had announced the 25th before.

Karan really didn't have my interest anymore at that time.

For SRK, there hadn't been other option than Christmas time in 2015 as the work on Fan was so extensive that SRK wouldn't get a release in 2015 otherwise. Dilwale's shootings ended only in October, so Christmas had been the last option for a 2015 release. When they (SRK/Rohit) got to know about the clash on 25th, they preponed.

Edited by Clochette - 7 months ago
YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Not happening, Salaar can't be completed by the end of this year. A stupid move though if they are indeed thinking of clashing with the biggest star - 2nd biggest director of India combination. 

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: wat_up

Xmas as worked with movies esp abroad. I mean Independence Day people see movies and other holidays. And two movies on Xmas time will be ok. But I wish neither were coming and Tiger3 would have taken the spot. 

@bold : Same

Because I am interested in Dunki and might miss as travelling. 

83 movie same happened.  wanted to see 83 world Cup win at theatre so so much but it release during Christmas. That movie was worth watching at theatre. Now also I feel.bad about not able to see it at theatres.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Clochette

Actually, I only got attentive of what did interest me and that was the moment, when BM suddenly announced the 18th of Dec in a teaser?/trailer?/poster? although this date had been annouced by Dilwale and Eros had announced the 25th before.

Karan really didn't have my interest anymore at that time.

For SRK, there hadn't been other option than Christmas time in 2015 as the work on Fan was so extensive that SRK wouldn't get a release in 2015 otherwise. Dilwale's shootings ended only in October, so Christmas had been the last option for a 2015 release. When they (SRK/Rohit) got to know about the clash on 25th, they preponed.

Why are SRK fans so upset about  a "challenge accepted" post on Insta by Deepika? What challenge.

Anyway DP fans don't hold anything against SRK..a simple post continues to trigger an entire fandom.

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Christmas, end of the year, people go out on holidays. 

Also only school holidays are there for specific boards. State board just have one day Christmas holiday. Working ppl also does not have long winter break.. just one day holiday of Christmas.  Those who take leave go on vacation. 

So never understood why releasing on Christmas is considered good as just one day holiday unless it falls near weekend that too ppl try to go out instead of going to movies. I myself have missed all movies releasing on Christmas as was travelling. 

But KJO says the xmas and new year weekend is a very lucrative period for movies.

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

But KJO says the xmas and new year weekend is a very lucrative period for movies.

exactly the point I made. People see movies on Xmas and new years esp because not everyone is traveling. 

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I feel stupid move by Salaar makers. Dunki is not just a SRK film. Its a freaking Raju Hirani film. There will be huge interest in the film from neutrals. 

Flyonthewall02 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

Why are SRK fans so upset about  a "challenge accepted" post on Insta by Deepika? What challenge.

Anyway DP fans don't hold anything against SRK..a simple post continues to trigger an entire fandom.

Lekin aap to laye BM aur dilwale clash is topic mein agar DP fans don't care to wo topic ata hi nahi 

Flyonthewall02 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

EDX is festival release

Isse bada kuch nahi hai India mein 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: you2

no one in india wants the movie to clash but some directors willing to take the risk others not. And the fans want to rejoice. They don’t care whether both movies are hits or not just theirs. it’s ridiculous but that’s mentality like with sports. In western countries no one cares.

I have not seen people with Barbie oppheimer clash go bonkers in social media. Some went and saw both the same day. Plus in the states movies that do well stay months in the theaters not weeks and the issue on screens isn’t a problem. In case theaters packed people will go the next day or show. Star Wars I remember it was packed but we had options 3d imax or regular show. Barbie in recent times was packed like crazy but still there were screens that barbie and oppheimer had and  both movies  were packed. 

It’s ridiculous that gardar 2 did not have enough  screens n the other movie too. Both should have had enough were their demand to see both. Movies thriving should be the goal. But no the mentality isn’t that here or fans in India .