Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 months ago

BM Vs DW is a clash SRK fans would rather forget.Shetty was against the clash.He went on record to state that. There was bad blood between them.He even went on to say that CE worked because of DP. 

All that is in the past..This year SRK has made a HUGE comeback.If he wants to be known as the biggest BW star ever.This clash is the perfect opportunity.

Edited by you2 - 7 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: you2

Dilwale tried to evict BM from two dates.The first time they succeeded.the second time they didn't.

No, dear, they did not.

1. SRK/Rohit Shetty announced Dilwale for Christmas... then

2. SLB/Eros Entertainment made a first official poster with giving the clashing date of 25th of Dec...then

3. SRK/Rohit Shetty preponed Dilwale to 18th of Dec...then

4. SLB/Eros Entertainment made their next poster announcement with the same date of 18th of Dec...then

5. SRK flew to London to talk to the Lullas (producers of BM) as they had worked together in many movies previously (and had been 'friends'...as long as SRK minted money). But there had been a fall-out after Ra.One (won't elaborate the details here) and Eros Entertainment didn't move back to the original date.

To all this, there is proof to find in the Net. To what you wrote, there is only (social) media narrative.

Edited by Clochette - 7 months ago
you2 thumbnail

https://scroll.in/reel/800759/finally-dilwale-versus-bajirao-mastani

For reasons unbeknownst to all, Khan’s Red Chillies Entertainment decided to spoil Bhansali’s party. Did Khan’s decision have anything to do with the fact that Bhansali had released his Saawariya on the same day as Khan’s Om Shanti Om in 2007? The backroom bad blood that has gushed in the movie trade over the avoidable clash and the forced revenue split might suggest that we are in a playground at a boys’ school rather than in the biggest movie industry in the country. But there is no denying that the backing and forthing between both banners have been entertaining to anybody not concerned with how much money each movie is going to make per show, per day, and across its lifetime.

BM was booked earlier for 25 th December a year back in 2014.

https://www.movietalkies.com/news/did-deepika-padukone-undergo-look-tests-for-bajirao-mastani/

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Christmas, end of the year, people go out on holidays. 

Also only school holidays are there for specific boards. State board just have one day Christmas holiday. Working ppl also does not have long winter break.. just one day holiday of Christmas.  Those who take leave go on vacation. 

So never understood why releasing on Christmas is considered good as just one day holiday unless it falls near weekend that too ppl try to go out instead of going to movies. I myself have missed all movies releasing on Christmas as was travelling. 

Xmas as worked with movies esp abroad. I mean Independence Day people see movies and other holidays. And two movies on Xmas time will be ok. But I wish neither were coming and Tiger3 would have taken the spot. 

wat_up thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

BM Vs DW is a clash SRK fans would rather forget.Shetty was against the clash.He went on record to state that. There was bad blood between them.He even went on to say that CE worked because of DP. 

All that is in the past..This year SRK has made a HUGE comeback.If he wants to be known as the biggest BW star ever.This clash is the perfect opportunity.

just what I stated. Gardar 2 on my books proved it even  gardar 1 beat Lagan yes ago in the clash. That dhai kilo haath is strong 💪 lol. He and his says  he’s the king n etc  then y he or they scared. Plus he’s been like akshay  this year with non stop movies. Even Amir says he’s mr quality etc. 

It’s other Bollywood stars that can’t have clash because they not king n they don’t like clashes like my star he won’t clash because he wants no clash n im saying this openly nor has he proclaimed he’s superior. 

Edited by wat_up - 7 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

the scroll-article is from just before the release...the false narrative had been established long before...

After such a long time, I may get the time frame wrong (the BM announcement with 25th already in 2014) but I got it absolutely right that SRK/Shetty decided for 18th first and SLB/Eros changed the date then to 18th). I have to search for it in the archives although I guess it won't change the mind of those who have imbibed the false narrative repeated over and over again.

Of course Deepika didn't went to SRK for a changing of the date because it wasn't his fault but she couldn't say the truth, couldn't she?

Whatever, everybody continues to believe what one decides to believe. To me it's more important to know what really happened.

wat_up thumbnail

No one wants clashes in india n other problem is screens post Covid people were going to theaters. I’m sure movies can release one week apart. I don’t understand how come in india screens now an issue ? In USA many movies come out the same day or week apart. Barbie and oppheimer the two biggest movies this year clashed and both succeeded with Barbie being more successful but Nolan’s oppheimer was no less and made money and both movies brought in revenue to Hollywood. Bollywood and Indian cinema need todo something where multiple movies can release at the same time or week apart and get screens. This was something Bollywood actors gave said over the years like my star. That’s the real issue. 

wat_up thumbnail

Initially bade miyan chote miyan Akshays  Tiger movie was to come this Xmas n was the movie I wanted to see but they postponed due to vfx or other reasons but they said years earlier they coming on Xmas 2023 then suddenly this movie came n was upset because that was Akshay Tiger movie I wanted to see. otherwise I would have wanted and said this since last year Tiger3 to be in Xmas. So naturally I have been upset. 

Edited by wat_up - 7 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: PardesiBabu

Mujhe pata nahi tha ki SRK ne Bajirao Mastani se do baar clash karna chaha smiley3 

Isko SLB bhi se kya problem hai, Saawariya k peeche bhi pada tha 

OSO had been more a problem between Farah Khan and SLB...and after SLB doing some inappropriate remarks, then it was SRK who reacted quite strongly in the promotions.

For BM. there neither had been a problem between SRK and SLB from SRK's side but a problem with Eros Entertainment who were interested into a real clash knowing that the propaganda for BM through praising would work against Dilwale (which clearly had some weaknesses).

It later became obvious that people became more critical towards BM after the main goal had been achieved to get BM a higher Indian boxoffice then Dilwale.

But I guess that isn't important anymore... (except to me, maybe)

We will see what will happen with this clash between the production house Hombale Films and the producers of Dunki (they already clashed with SRK at Zero time).

you2 thumbnail

Does anyone remember KJO  and SLB  ego fight ?smiley36

Karan Johar and Sanjay Leela Bhansali to clash on Christmas 2015

Bollywood directors Karan Johar and Sanjay Leela Bhansali are headed for a tussle at the box-office since both their forthcoming films Shuddhi and Bajirao Mastani are now scheduled to release on the same day - December 25, 2015.

SLB stole RSDP cast from Karan..and Karan was hopping mad!He decided to clash with a new cast.