Younger lot is too insecure to work together: RS

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 months ago

In the lieu of Tiger v/s Pathaan going on floor soon news, I saw this Rohit Shetty article today saying this after his Ram Lakhan remake got shelved....even Salman Khan made a statement regarding lack of multistarrers by younger generation actors....but it's true isn't it.....can one ever expect, Karan-Arjun, Andaaz Apna Apna, Mohra, Hera Pheri, Mujhse Shadi Karogi, Aitraaz, K3G level multistarrers, 2 hero/heroine films from these ppl

Ranbir has Rajneeti to some extent YJHD can be called multistarrer

Ranveer did Gunday, Kill Dil (in the beginning of his career) DDD, Padmavat

Kartik has Punchnama Series and Sonu ke titu ki sweety

Varun did SOTY, Dishoom, Dilwale, Kalank

Shahid (post Jab We Met era) Padmavat and Udta Punjab till certain extent 

Ayushmaan has Bareilly ki Barfi, that action hero film

Sidharth Malhotra SOTY, Kapoor n Sons

Many a times despite back 2 back flops most of these actors refuse to collaborate.

Actresses toh waise bhi nhi hain BW meinsmiley36 but whatever is happening with Jee le Zara is quite telling.....is it lack of script, makers or simply insecurity?🤔

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: CLOBBER

Ranveer did Gunday, Kill Dil (in the beginning of his career) DDD, Padmavat

And made a lifelong dushman called Shahid Kapoorsmiley36

Shahid's character in the film was a joke from what I hear.

Shahid's face everytime Ranveer is mentioned issmiley37

Ranbir also had YJHD to a small extent. The other actors had a good track in it.

Ranveer also had that PC/Farhan film no? I am forgetting the name, the one that was shot on a cruise ship? (Edit: Okay, you have already mentioned it. DDD.)

Edited by Daebak - 7 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

I dount action hero can be a multistarrer. It was with Ayushmann khurana leading all the way, just that Jaideep Ahlawat managed to overshadow him at times.

@daebak, Dil Dhadakne Do, RS was with Anushka, PC, Farhan, TM maentioned it.

OT, I would actually love a multistarrer though, Vicky-Ayushmann and Rajkumar Rao, Bollywood, make it happen!

Or with females Tabu, Tripti and Shobitasmiley42 

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Daebak

And made a lifelong dushman called Shahid Kapoorsmiley36

Shahid's character in the film was a joke from what I hear.

Shahid's face everytime Ranveer is mentioned issmiley37

Ranbir also had YJHD to a small extent. The other actors had a good track in it.

Ranveer also had that PC/Farhan film no? I am forgetting the name, the one that was shot on a cruise ship? (Edit: Okay, you have already mentioned it. DDD.)

Au contraire, Shahid says he had a blast doing scenes with Ranveer.

Plus, he was wonderful in the actors roundtable with him in the year 2019. 

I think the issue was only post the critical acclaim when Shahid got a bit sidelined. But it's one his best works and remembered more than DP for the film.

Ranveer, I've seen, is way more comfortable doing multistarrers. Gunday, kill Dil, DDD, sooryavanshi. All with multiple Heroes.

His entry scene in gully boy has been praised by every worthy critic cos he's that secure n unafraid of being sidelined by moin. Moeen entered like a young Amitabh Bachchan with Murad behind him in the shadows.

I wanna more of heroines being together. Like Bajirao Mastani. Like Jalsa.

I have not seen good newzz.

Even DDD was so good. For the 2 actresses PC and shefali.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

Au contraire, Shahid says he had a blast doing scenes with Ranveer.

Plus, he was wonderful in the actors roundtable with him in the year 2019. 

Really?

I thought he absolutely hates RS. He even said something like, he felt RS-SLB-DP were one team coz they had worked together before and he felt like an outsider.

So I thought the rift began on the sets itself.

Edited by Daebak - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Daebak

Really?

I thought he absolutely hates RS. He even said something like, he felt RS-SLB-DP were one team coz they had worked together before and he felt like an outsider.

So I thought the rift began on the sets itself.

Lol no

See his fairdoon interview after padmavati. He said that. 

See his 2019 roundtable. He was getting along with RS like a buddy.

Of course he said the 3 of them were a team. And it's cos they were collaborating for the 3rd time.

Even Abhishek said that he felt Vicky was close to anurag during manmarziyan cos those 2 had worked together during rr2.0, gow and Bombay velvet.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I’d love to see Ranveer and ranbir or Varun 

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

Lol no

See his fairdoon interview after padmavati. He said that. 

See his 2019 roundtable. He was getting along with RS like a buddy.

Of course he said the 3 of them were a team. And it's cos they were collaborating for the 3rd time.

Even Abhishek said that he felt Vicky was close to anurag during manmarziyan cos those 2 had worked together during rr2.0, gow and Bombay velvet.

I think Shahid was pissed ever since RS made comments about doing a better job in Kaminey during KWK, Shahid definitely pulled a Sunny Deol from Darr in terms of holding a grudge smiley36

That's why I hope there are more multistarrers it's so much fun even BTS stuff is entertaining....

Both DDD & ZNMD were rejected by RK as they were multistarrers if I am not wrong, hence Farhan took a back seat in DDD to get Ranveer on board

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I don't disagree, but Rohit has probably the most inflated head in the entire industry and takes offense to the slightest criticism. So it's just all a bit rich coming from him 

Originally posted by: CLOBBER

I think Shahid was pissed ever since RS made comments about doing a better job in Kaminey during KWK, Shahid definitely pulled a Sunny Deol from Darr in terms of holding a grudge smiley36

That's why I hope there are more multistarrers it's so much fun even BTS stuff is entertaining....

Both DDD & ZNMD were rejected by RK as they were multistarrers if I am not wrong, hence Farhan took a back seat in DDD to get Ranveer on board

There's never been any news that RK refused DDD cos it was a multistarrer.

In fact there is no news about the reason for refusal.

It was always about a brother and sister story so I doubt Farhan LATER took a backseat. It was always brother sister as central characters, so rk and bebo would have been the centre.

I think rk refused cos he ain't a fan of Excel (Farhan Akhtar).