Alia is not Jasmine

ShadowImbue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Alia thinks Harleen is her biological mother & Ekam is her biological father that proves Nehkam are a complete failure in parenting as they are not even trying to communicate with her regarding her hostility towards Nehmat or they don't even want to address the issue. Even Fatejo told their daughter Nehmat that they are not her biological parents but Nehkam didn't even tell Alia that they are in actual her biological parents. They didn't want to fill in hatred in her mind against Harleen who stole Alia from hospital when she was born or tried to take away Alia from them when she was 6 yrs old, but, they could've told her half truth for her own sanity. Alia obsession for Canada isn't like Jasmine's obsession for Canada. Jasmine wanted to settle in Canada because of Sandhu's lifelong dream of living the lifestyle of Canadians but Alia desperately want to go to Canada for her supposed biological mother Harleen who is depressed and alone in Canada she has emotional & deeper reason unlike Jasmine. Also Alia thinks Ekam-Nehmat are responsible for separating her from her biological mother. If she atleast knew Nehmat is her biological mother she might not harbored hatred for her. Alia's character has more potential than Asma plus Alia-Armaan have better chemistry than Asma-Arman the supposed destined couple. They should make Asma somewhat flawed like Tejo, Nehmat otherwise her character is too bland. Alia is more flawed and emotional fool like Tejo and Nehmat. Asmaa seems to love her family & is also emotional but her character doesn't have that depth or charm which Tejo, Nehmat even characters like Naaz, Malika, Harleen use to have. They could have explored her and Harleen's bond or her bond with her adoptive father more. Nehmat who sacrificed her love Ekam for Harleen is definitely going to love Harleen's daughter Asma more than her own daughter Alia in future making Alia hate her more. Infact Nehkam might even disown Alia in future as they are going to turn Alia into negative even after knowing Harleen's truth. I really wish she isn't antagonist but protagonist who forgive her parents & never trust Harleen again after knowing truth. There is much to explore with Alia's bonds. Her bond with Nehmat can be explored more. That fox and lioness story changed her course of thinking it can change her again.

Edited by ShadowImbue - 8 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mysteriousdoll thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

i don't know why this formula always get repeated that evil's daughter is the more positive one than the leads' one.

Of Course alia has more story,shades and depth to her character.

and why makers are hell bent to show that girls living in foreign land are more desi than the indian ones.harleen and aasma has shown same love towards india..

the very first scene was utterly disgusting to me when asma shows the movie poster of veer-zaara to her dad and says"aisa pyaar to india mein hi mil sakta hai"

i mean really???????

pyaar to kahi b kisi se b ho skta h...what nonsense they want to show...i mean...the girl living in canada has shown more backward and regressive thinking than the one in india

alia is very persistent to go to canada..coz of high thinking for harleen..and she conveys such emotions

in another case there is sudden attachment shown from aasma side to her dad's family to get accepted..

i mean what the f****ing logic is this?

just because you are not getting accepted so you will go to any lengths for the family who was not even known to you from childhood.

and it is not even important to get accepted.life mein khud ka future,career,relationships kuch nahi h kya iski life m?sirf india m hi baskar veer -zara vaali story create krni h???

kaisa logic h ye?

and her character is too bland to connect with.

the connect with alia from season 2 should be more explored in this season.but they are going with the cliche story.

really don't want alia to be negative like jasmine and harleen.

this girl has much more potential than the lead one.

sometimes the lead's face looks expressionless tbh

Manny_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Exactly Alia cannot be compared to Jesmine. Jesmine just had a dream to go to Canada and settle there. On the other hand, Alia is desperate to go to Canada because of cunning Harleen who brainwashes her every day. She thinks Harleen is all alone in there waiting for her. So she just wants to go there but it is also clear that she loves Armaan as well unlike Jesmine who just did not love anyone. 

It is true that Alia's character has many layers and there is depth to her story which could he explored more. In contrast, Aasma's character does not have much story. It is as if her character has been embedded to the story put of no where. In previous seasons all the leads had much more to tell. I just hope they will enrich her character more. 

Although there is a high chance that this will go in the same direction of season 1. But they can show how two sisters go against Harleen after knowing the truth. I like Alia more than Aasma. I don't mind if Armaan ends up with Aasma. I just want to Alia and Aasma to teach Harleen a lesson. 

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Aasma ‘s character is just blah and stupid! Can’t understand her desperation to win over her father’s family. 

But I don’t like Aliya either. She is already negative enough for me especially the way she treats Armaan. 

I am still wondering if this is due sub par performance or subpar writing.

mysteriousdoll thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Itishri

Aasma ‘s character is just blah and stupid! Can’t understand her desperation to win over her father’s family. 

But I don’t like Aliya either. She is already negative enough for me especially the way she treats Armaan. 

i think thats the beauty of a character...makers do such good writing at making someone's character that we hate them from the core...

like jasmine...she was the villain...the vibes were utter negative...and we hated her...and thats why season 1 was success..she was a good villain..

but in s2 it was overstretched...and makers were hell bent tried to make harleen the heroine...the quality she doesn't have...isha was fit for negative role in udaariyaan coz in s1 she was a success and we were habitual to see her..

but in s3...aliya has more character,depth and story..

here makers are hell bent trying to make her negative by showing her desperate for canada(due to harleen) and insensitive towards armaan..

so that they can show the love aliya was not giving to armaan...aasma will...

problem is actress playing aliya is overshadowing the lead's acting and character...and makers have to make someone negative....and hence the plot...which is making us to hate her for her behaviour with armaan...

But i really think she is doing great job in acting than the lead girly...

aasma should have to step up the game of acting...

Edited by mysteriousdoll - 8 months ago
janecastle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Aasma grew up with only her father, ignored and ridiculed by her own mother. Deepak might have filled her childhood with these wonderful stories about her family, life in India and all that. So she grew up idolizing these. Now it is time for her to face reality and see things for what they really are. Also there's the truth about her real father too. So there is actually more to her character but makers are focusing more on Aliya, Armaan amd their failed attempts. Once Aasma-Armaan get together, they might explore these things. 

Itishri thumbnail

Originally posted by: mysteriousdoll

i think thats the beauty of a character...makers do such good writing at making someone's character that we hate them from the core...

like jasmine...she was the villain...the vibes were utter negative...and we hated her...and thats why season 1 was success..she was a good villain..

but in s2 it was overstretched...and makers were hell bent tried to make harleen the heroine...the quality she doesn't have...isha was fit for negative role in udaariyaan coz in s1 she was a success and we were habitual to see her..

but in s3...aliya has more character,depth and story..

here makers are hell bent trying to make her negative by showing her desperate for canada(due to harleen) and insensitive towards armaan..

so that they can show the love aliya was not giving to armaan...aasma will...

problem is actress playing aliya is overshadowing the lead's acting and character...and makers have to make someone negative....and hence the plot...which is making us to hate her for her behaviour with armaan...

But i really think she is doing great job in acting than the lead girly...

aasma should have to step up the game of acting...

@bold - I agree. Aliya is definitely overshadowing the other lead. 

Itishri thumbnail

Originally posted by: janecastle

Aasma grew up with only her father, ignored and ridiculed by her own mother. Deepak might have filled her childhood with these wonderful stories about her family, life in India and all that. So she grew up idolizing these. Now it is time for her to face reality and see things for what they really are. Also there's the truth about her real father too. So there is actually more to her character but makers are focusing more on Aliya, Armaan amd their failed attempts. Once Aasma-Armaan get together, they might explore these things. 

I totally understand the emotional motivations of both leads - Aliya and asmaa - at the intellectual level but just can’t connect with them or sympathize as yet. 

I want to see more from Aasma character. Right now it is coming across as bland. 

Tired of Aliya-Armaan’s antics - how many will they show? Dance group, 2 fake passport attempts, now Aliya marriage attempt and then the same crying ‘ yeh mere saath hi kyun hota hai???’

janecastle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I totally understand the emotional motivations of both leads - Aliya and asmaa - at the intellectual level but just can’t connect with them or sympathize as yet. 

I want to see more from Aasma character. Right now it is coming across as bland. 

Tired of Aliya-Armaan’s antics - how many will they show? Dance group, 2 fake passport attempts, now Aliya marriage attempt and then the same crying ‘ yeh mere saath hi kyun hota hai???’

Funny thing is.. some 40 yrs ago in this show Jasmine used all the same ideas to go to Kanneda. There has been no development since then. 🤪

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShadowImbue

Alia thinks Harleen is her biological mother & Ekam is her biological father that proves Nehkam are a complete failure in parenting as they are not even trying to communicate with her regarding her hostility towards Nehmat or they don't even want to address the issue. Even Fatejo told their daughter Nehmat that they are not her biological parents but Nehkam didn't even tell Alia that they are in actual her biological parents. They didn't want to fill in hatred in her mind against Harleen who stole Alia from hospital when she was born or tried to take away Alia from them when she was 6 yrs old, but, they could've told her half truth for her own sanity. Alia obsession for Canada isn't like Jasmine's obsession for Canada. Jasmine wanted to settle in Canada because of Sandhu's lifelong dream of living the lifestyle of Canadians but Alia desperately want to go to Canada for her supposed biological mother Harleen who is depressed and alone in Canada she has emotional & deeper reason unlike Jasmine. Also Alia thinks Ekam-Nehmat are responsible for separating her from her biological mother. If she atleast knew Nehmat is her biological mother she might not harbored hatred for her. Alia's character has more potential than Asma plus Alia-Armaan have better chemistry than Asma-Arman the supposed destined couple. They should make Asma somewhat flawed like Tejo, Nehmat otherwise her character is too bland. Alia is more flawed and emotional fool like Tejo and Nehmat. Asmaa seems to love her family & is also emotional but her character doesn't have that depth or charm which Tejo, Nehmat even characters like Naaz, Malika, Harleen use to have. They could have explored her and Harleen's bond or her bond with her adoptive father more. Nehmat who sacrificed her love Ekam for Harleen is definitely going to love Harleen's daughter Asma more than her own daughter Alia in future making Alia hate her more. Infact Nehkam might even disown Alia in future as they are going to turn Alia into negative even after knowing Harleen's truth. I really wish she isn't antagonist but protagonist who forgive her parents & never trust Harleen again after knowing truth. There is much to explore with Alia's bonds. Her bond with Nehmat can be explored more. That fox and lioness story changed her course of thinking it can change her again.

I completely agree with you. Alia's character has much more logical and emotional depth while compared to Jasmine and Harleen. 

Me too, I like Aliya-Armaan more compared to Asma-Armaan but I don't think Aliya-Armaan will happen because as per reports, Aliya is the third angle so they would make Aliya more negative to justify Asma.