Bollywood, there is a diff between nepotism and access.

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

So I watched Anupama CHopra's interview with Vicky Kaushal. She called him a nepo baby!

From what angle?!

Having access is not the same as nepotism

nep·o·tism

noun

1. the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives, friends, or associates, especially by giving them jobs.

Who gave Vicky a job/role because he was his father's son? Yes, having access matters a great deal, but lumping Vicky in with the likes of Kajol, Ranbir, Alia, Jahnvi, Sonam etc. is gross injustice.

I don't know if Anupama was too dumb to know the difference. My money is on deliberate blurring of definitions. Terrible people!

Edited by HearMeRoar - 8 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail

It’s a deliberate attempt to dilute Vicky’s achievement. She’s pushing a narrative. Anupama Chopra is a nepo journalist herself. I wouldn’t buy a single thing that comes outta her BW stars worshipping mouth. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

His first five movies or more Vicky got through auditioning. Which other nepo kid had to do that? He had to audition nonstop for three years before he finally got a break in Masaan? Which other nepo kid had to do that? Yes, his father works in the industry. But his name was hardly ever known before Vicky came along. 

Compare that to Kajol, Ranbir, Aloo, Jahnvi, Sonam among others. 

One other thing. Vicky lived in the chawl for a long time in his childhood. Now name me one other nepo kid who had to do that. 

Even Ranveer had his father invest a lot of money into his first movie. Vicky's father could not afford to do that. 

I mean yes, he has other family in the industry. But comparing him to other nepo kids is a gross injustice. Period! 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

It’s a deliberate attempt to dilute Vicky’s achievement. She’s pushing a narrative. Anupama Chopra is a nepo journalist herself. I wouldn’t buy a single thing that comes outta her BW stars worshipping mouth. 

Her performances of the year round table included Jhanvi. Enough said! 

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Shyam Kaushal is  a well known action director and regularly worked with Anurag Kashyap so yes his father’s connections certainly helped him. 

Edited by 2RsFan - 8 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

It would serve the actors and actresses better to go meet Kapil than Anupama. She is very slimy. I’m feeling dirty talking about her 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Shyam Kaushal is  a well known action director and regularly worked with Anurag Kashyap so yes his father’s connections certainly helped him. 

Just one question: had you heard of him before Vicky Kaushal became big ? 

Being an action director is nowhere near being the son of a famous actor or producer. The papz follow you around since you 2 and half. Shyam Kaushal only started getting video interviews after Vicky became big. 

2RsFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Just one question: had you heard of him before Vicky Kaushal became big ? 

Being an action director is nowhere near being the son of a famous actor or producer. The papz follow you around since you 2 and half. Shyam Kaushal only started getting video interviews after Vicky became big. 

I also didn’t know who Veeru Devgan or Aditya Pancholi are . So Ajay and Sooraj aren’t nepokids ?

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

I also didn’t know who Veeru Devgan or Aditya Pancholi are . So Ajay and Sooraj aren’t nepokids ?

Sooraj did not have to audition for three years. He had the support of Salman Khan. I don't know about Ajay. 

2RsFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Sooraj did not have to audition for three years. He had the support of Salman Khan. I don't know about Ajay. 

Every nepokid says that . His father was the action director of GOW and Vicky assisted there. Anyone can connect the dots.