Indian Idol 14 - Chat Club & General Discussions

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Welcome to Indian Idol 14 Forum!

This thread is for general discussions and chit chatting!

Please don't break any IF COC rules. You are free to discuss anything under the sun in this thread.

Please follow Chat Club Rules. 

In addition to the above-mentioned section guidelines,

please ensure to follow India Forums Participation Guidelines & Rules at all times.

Thank you!

Tags: oh_nakhrewaali

Edited by minakrish - 7 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: altgr

SRGMP auditions have already started and Himesh has been confirmed as one of the judges. Sony also announced that the auditions for the next season of Indian Idol will start soon. I guess both shows will start in September and October. 

I am making this thread to discuss all the news and updates related to these upcoming shows. 

Now that the producer - singer dispute of copyright is resolved, it is possible that Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal, Shaan are going to be seen, or rather heard, more and more in Bollywood.  They were almost shunned for being the most vocal about this.

So I hope, or rather wish, that one or more (or all) of them come as judges.  I would certainly drop anything and everything else just to listen to them!

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Now that the producer - singer dispute of copyright is resolved, it is possible that Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal, Shaan are going to be seen, or rather heard, more and more in Bollywood.  They were almost shunned for being the most vocal about this.

So I hope, or rather wish, that one or more (or all) of them come as judges.  I would certainly drop anything and everything else just to listen to them!

yes, yes & yes.  A big shout out for all the 3.  A pipe dream, but what a combo it will be to get all 3 together in the judges panel! Whether the show gets good talent or not, I would stay glued.. ..like how I watched X Factor when Sonu shreya were judging. ๐Ÿ’•

altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

If I am right, Shreya was never a part of that dispute. Sonu & Shaan were. But this trio is definitely possible as judges. Though I feel there should be at least one proper music composer among judges. 

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

If I am right, Shreya was never a part of that dispute. Sonu & Shaan were. But this trio is definitely possible as judges. Though I feel there should be at least one proper music composer among judges. 

Okay.  I believe I had read about her involvement also somewhere.  And if you see, in the last 5-6 years, she has been getting very few songs in BW, and all of them are of the type she would probably have been able to sing as a kid, doing no justice to her talent.  Her songs in South films are much more complex.

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

SRGMP auditions have already started and Himesh has been confirmed as one of the judges. Sony also announced that the auditions for the next season of Indian Idol will start soon. I guess both shows will start in September and October. 

I am making this thread to discuss all the news and updates related to these upcoming shows. 

thanks for tagging.  

Bold:  if Himesh is one of the judges of SRGMP, then he will be replaced in II14? ie if both shows aired more or less at same time!!!  

Then with regards to II14, Neha and Vishal needs to be replaced.  3 new judges.  

If Himesh is in SRGMP, then II14 contestants will miss out on songs being offered from him. He was the only one giving chances to some contestants

altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.SK

thanks for tagging.  

Bold:  if Himesh is one of the judges of SRGMP, then he will be replaced in II14? ie if both shows aired more or less at same time!!!  

Then with regards to II14, Neha and Vishal needs to be replaced.  3 new judges.  

If Himesh is in SRGMP, then II14 contestants will miss out on songs being offered from him. He was the only one giving chances to some contestants

Yes. 

Let's hope there's a new panel in Indian Idol 14 and new host too. Don't want Anu Malik back in Indian Idol again.

Agree about Indian Idol 14 contestants missing HR songs. But if contestants become popular he will definitely give them chance like Ankush Bhardwaj, Rupali Jagga etc whom he has not judged in any show. Furthermore these days HR album songs are flop, hardly any song is touching 1 million mark. 

srtor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yes, one composer - my choice would be Shekhar Ravjiani.

Of course Shreya Ghoshal. Between Shaan and Sonu, I like Shaan better.

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yes. 

Let's hope there's a new panel in Indian Idol 14 and new host too. Don't want Anu Malik back in Indian Idol again.

Agree about Indian Idol 14 contestants missing HR songs. But if contestants become popular he will definitely give them chance like Ankush Bhardwaj, Rupali Jagga etc whom he has not judged in any show. Furthermore these days HR album songs are flop, hardly any song is touching 1 million mark. 

Idol may not want Sonu after his take  on reality shows . But you never know.  After the controversial episode of Amit Kumar & his comments, he was called again in the last season.  I so badly want Sonu to be back in Idol.

Composer - my take will be Shankar Mahadevan or Salim Merchant. 
And new host is long overdue. Manish Paul.  Or Rahul Vaidya.  Heck, they can even try out Danish ๐Ÿ˜ - anybody will be a welcome change instead of Aditya.

Can we be assured that Neha is out?
Himesh will figure in one or the other for sure.

So my wish list:-

Idol :- Sonu, Shreya, Salim 

SRGMP :- Shankar , Shaan, Sunidhi. 
( other composers - Ajay or Atul, Vishal B, M.M Kreemโ€ฆ you are actually spoilt for choice , so let Anu Malik rest ๐Ÿ˜)

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Idol may not want Sonu after his take  on reality shows . But you never know.  After the controversial episode of Amit Kumar & his comments, he was called again in the last season.  I so badly want Sonu to be back in Idol.

Composer - my take will be Shankar Mahadevan or Salim Merchant. 
And new host is long overdue. Manish Paul.  Or Rahul Vaidya.  Heck, they can even try out Danish ๐Ÿ˜ - anybody will be a welcome change instead of Aditya.

Can we be assured that Neha is out?
Himesh will figure in one or the other for sure.

So my wish list:-

Idol :- Sonu, Shreya, Salim 

SRGMP :- Shankar , Shaan, Sunidhi. 
( other composers - Ajay or Atul, Vishal B, M.M Kreemโ€ฆ you are actually spoilt for choice , so let Anu Malik rest ๐Ÿ˜)

Would be tough to choose which one to watch!  But probably leaning more towards Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal.