Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Posted: 11 months ago

Originally posted by: WildestDreams

sorry ladies! I was out all day😌

Hey Parm, please put me for the next segment after Bee, only if you're not willing to do the next segment after her. Else put me after you.

Bee222 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Hey Parm, please put me for the next segment after Bee, only if you're not willing to do the next segment after her. Else put me after you.

Lol, this fic ka pattern be like

Tia, Shibz, Bee, Simi

Tia, Shibz, Bee, Simi

Wolfy not getting a chance to contribute in her own fic! 🤣

Bee222 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Why go through a full term pregnancy, only to know that the child, you'll see as a reflection of all the time you spent with someone you don't even want to think about! Someone who never cared about you. The child will grow up only to see how unwanted they were, for their own father and half-family. Nobody deserves that sort of trauma. In the first few months, that bunch of cells isn't really gonna matter. Sounds cruel but it isn't. Definitely better than having a child that will grow up into a broken adult. 

Imo, abortion is a complicated decision and completely upto the woman what she's feeling. To some people, that child becomes a continuation of their own entity, something which gives them the strength to leave behind a toxic past and move on to a better future. Sometimes it's hard to be strong for yourself and easier to be strong for someone else who's counting on you 😅

It's empowering in a way, bcz now she's completely in control, to write her own future and her child's. And if she's strong enough, she usually raises a child who is emotionally aware from a young age, empathetic and sensible enough not to repeat the mistakes of their parent(s). Not a broken adult by any means, just maybe a more mature one.

It's all upto the woman, honestly. I'd never judge a woman for going through with an abortion, and I'd never judge her for not going for one. It depends on her own capacities, her own choice. I wouldn't strip her off the power to choose by making it about the useless man instead 🙃

Just my two cents ✌🏼

Edited by Bee222 - 11 months ago
Sutapasima thumbnail

Romcom Reigners

very good very good 🤗❤️

Bee222 thumbnail

Simi, gonna read your update tomorrow ❤️

I can already tell it's gonna be emotionally taxing and I'm too tired today to deal with any kind of taxes anymore 😭😭

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

Summary & Timeline so far: (updated 19 Jun 2023 after Segment # 6)

Ok, there were some requests to put together a timeline for this one so I'll make an attempt to do so. Please don't come at me if I get something horribly wrong.😳🤡

Salient points - 

Present Day: (sometime in the future probably 2024? Divorce happened in 2023 and this plays out some time after that once Veronica has started trusting Sam and finds herself betrayed by him)

Veronica's meeting with Samarth (WD's segment #1)

• Samarth is trying to make amends, telling Nica not to compare him with Abhay - telling her 'not to keep him out of this'. (To be established what 'this' is. It's not the divorce because the divorce has already happened as per QD's segment #6) 
  • His family is also involved in some way (Nica telling him she doesn't want him or his family, calls them hypocrites) 
  • She realizes she has been deceived by someone she trusted ..again (i.e. Samarth possibly)

All the other segments so far are flashback...

Segment # 2  (QD)  Flashback to college time

• Veronica & Abhay Mehta have been married for 3 years
  • Nica is an orphan who lives with her uncle, Ashutosh Gupta and her cousin, Shweta. He paid for the wedding
  • Abhay is a Micro student, a topper and from a rich, business family
  • Samarth is Shweta's friend and knew of Nica by reputation only (as Abhay, the topper's gf)
  • Abhay & Veronica dated in college and they were a popular couple

Segment # 3  (DoE): Still flashback; sometime into their marriage (closer to present-day timeline, perhaps a year ago?)

• Post marriage Nica starts to notice a lack of interest from Abhay
  • He leaves on a business trip & she finds out he's cheating
  • She also hears him arguing with his parents
  • She decides to leave and go to her uncle's house with no explanation
  • The last time she spoke to Abhay was before he went on the trip
  • After 7 days of being in her uncle's house Sam comes to visit her (but it is NOT the visit WD alluded to in Segment #1)
  • She realized Sam had feelings for her much later & that he too had lied to her.

Segment #4 (ON): Samarth's PoV

Samarth is (or was) seeing a therapist to deal with his feelings for Nica.

• They began to know each other in 2013 (they volunteered together), the first time they had any sort of interaction
  • Samarth seems suicidal (or maybe I'm reading too much into 'Done with this life')
  • He had a girlfriend in college - not certain if he broke up with her or not
  • They are in college from at least 2013 to 2016 from Sam's diary entries
  • Abhay & Nica married in 2019 (Cheating is discovered late 2022, so they had been married 3 years and divorce is 6 months post that)
  • Sam saw Abhay with another woman in 2021, so he has known about Abhay cheating on Nica for over a year, without telling her about it
  • In Dec 2022, he meets her (so this is now 3 years since their wedding) and she breaks down before him (Again NOT the scene in Segment # 1, but perhaps a callback to the scene in Segment # 3 i.e 7 days after she leaves for her uncle's house)
  • Nica gets a note from a doc telling her she's pregnant (letter is not dated.)

Segment # 5 (Bee): Veronica's PoV

• Nica is holding the letter that came for her (with her test results)
  • She had left it at home for Abhay to find in the hope that the child might matter to him & he might make amends
  • She had received the letter before he left on the 'business trip' & meant to give him the good news when he returned. 
  • But (presumably) he has sent it back to her and that's how she's holding it
  • He had given the envelope with the results to Sam to give back to her (the reason for Sam's visit to her place where she breaks down, still 7 days after she has left Abhay)
  • Abhay & Nica had been together for 8 years - Sam saw them kissing in 2014 and have been married for 3 (they married in 2019). 
  • She finds something else (a blue note) in the envelope with the results

Segment # 6 (QD)

• Abhay writes a note saying he wants nothing to do with the baby or Nica.
  • 'She decided not to show her child the light of this cruel world' (Interpret that as you may)
  • Flash forward to 6 months later when Nica & Abhay are now divorced, Saikat comes to meet her and she cries on his shoulder
  • Shweta, Samarth and another friend, Saikat have supported her through the trying time
  • Saikat is a work colleague? (they work at TCS)
  • She moved out of her uncle's place and is renting a flat

Notes:

We still aren't at the place where the confrontation between Samarth and Nica took place in Segment #1, that is in a future timeline. So it's possible that present day - whenever the writers arrive there could be some time in the future, perhaps 2024? Because of the 3 years marriage and Shibani's established timeline of Sam's diary entries.

It's not clear if Veronica is still pregnant or not. It's been 6 months after she moved out of Abhay's house and some time (not clear how much) away from the Scenario in Segment # 1 happening.

I summarized this the best I could. Let me know if I missed anything! 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 11 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

So the timeline goes something like this:

Sometime before 2013 - Nica has lost her parents and lives with her maternal uncle, and her cousin, Shweta

2013: She joins Computer Science at St. Xaiver's where she meets Sam (they volunteer together but it's possible she has forgotten him)

Mar-Apr 2014: She begins dating Abhay  - who's a student in Micro. Sam sees them kissing (July 2014). He also possibly strikes up a friendship with Shweta (she may have joined college this year, she's junior to Nica whereas Abhay, Sam & Nica are all batchmates.). Possibly Shweta reintroduces them (Nica & Sam) and she doesn’t remember him from their previous interaction? Also, Sam has acquired a girlfriend. Not certain if/when he broke up, or if they’re still together. 

2016: They pass out of college? (Abhay, Nica & Sam) Sam decides to stay away from Nica. Not clear when he re-enters her life.

2017: Abhay joins his dad's business?

Dec 2019: Abhay & Nica get married (they've been married for a while in 2021 acc to Shibz changes in Samarth's diary entry). Nica's uncle pays for the wedding

Aug 2021: Abhay cheats on Nica (Sam sees him kissing another woman but doesn't tell Nica), may have been happening for a while

Circa 10 Dec 2022: Nica discovers she's pregnant (doctor's letter, she would be about a month pregnant or thereabouts) & plans to tell Abhay but he goes on a business trip & she discovers his affair after which she leaves - and leaves behind her pregnancy test results for him to find.

18 Dec 2022: Sam goes to visit her with the results that Abhay has returned along with a note saying he wants nothing to do with the baby or her. (Not clear if Veronica went ahead with her pregnancy). Could be the first time Sam is re-entering her life after a long time?

Jan 2023?: Nica moves out of her uncle's home & rents a flat. She has a job at TCS

June? 2023?: Nica & Abhay are divorced (Shweta & Sam have supported her through it)

Saikat (her work colleague & friend) comes to visit her on the day the divorce goes through. (If she kept the baby she's still pregnant and would be in her third trimester & due in about a couple of months)

Dec 2023? or 2024? Or even later?: Scene from Segment #1 (Written by WD) plays out.

Nica feels betrayed by Sam (& his family). She possibly learns he has feelings for her then? 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 11 months ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Originally posted by: Bee222

Imo, abortion is a complicated decision and completely upto the woman what she's feeling. To some people, that child becomes a continuation of their own entity, something which gives them the strength to leave behind a toxic past and move on to a better future. Sometimes it's hard to be strong for yourself and easier to be strong for someone else who's counting on you 😅

It's empowering in a way, bcz now she's completely in control, to write her own future and her child's. And if she's strong enough, she usually raises a child who is emotionally aware from a young age, empathetic and sensible enough not to repeat the mistakes of their parent(s). Not a broken adult by any means, just maybe a more mature one.

It's all upto the woman, honestly. I'd never judge a woman for going through with an abortion, and I'd never judge her for not going for one. It depends on her own capacities, her own choice. I wouldn't strip her off the power to choose by making it about the useless man instead 🙃

Just my two cents ✌🏼

I totally agree with you!

My point was that in most stories and shows, movies - we see the woman go through the pregnancy and be the "great" mother and they show how "strong" she is for doing it. 

So, if only we could have a narrative change where she's still a strong woman but doesn't want to carry the burden of past which also includes a child. 

I know all of you amazing writers could make her a wonderful woman whose womanhood is not defined by being a "mother". That's all. ⭐️

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dream Weavers

Segment #7

“Aren’t you going inside?” Shweta asked Sam.

They were just outside Veronica’s apartment. Shweta’s husband, Saikat, had already gone inside to support his dear friend, but Shweta stopped when she saw how miserable Sam felt for her Nica Di’s pain.

“I can’t see her like this,” Sam said, “I know she is your cousin. Technically, I shouldn’t feel anything because we became friends only recently, after she left Abhay’s house. But I do love her, and her pain… it is breaking my heart,” Sam closed his eyes and tears rolled down his cheeks.

“You should have told her seven years ago, when you realised you loved her.”

“I didn’t know my feelings ran so deep. I was running away from them. And she was Abhay’s girlfriend. The same Abhay who turned everything into a competition and won it. He had won her heart. Do you think I had any chance in front him? Also, I would have never tainted my love with competition!”

“You make it sound like he’s some prince. Fine, don’t give me that look. I know every girl in our college crushed on him. But he is a duck, he proved it.” Shweta paused and gathered her thoughts. “Sam, those who don’t take a chance don’t have a chance. You should have told her the whole truth like you told us yesterday.”

“You are right. She is in pain because of me. Because I couldn’t tell her how I really felt. Because I couldn’t tell her that I had seen Abhay with another woman.”

“What did you say?”

It was the soft voice of Veronica, to which Sam had lost his heart. She had walked outside her apartment when Saikat told her that Shweta and Sam had also come. Veronica had heard Sam, but she hoped she was mistaken. 

She walked to Sam. Shweta gestured Saikat to come with her to give the duo some space.

“What. Did. You. Say?” A furious Veronica asked again.

Sam took a deep breath and said, “I… love you, Nica. And, I had… I had found Abhay cheating on you, two years ag–”

Veronica delivered a resounding slap on Sam’s cheek.

“How dare you!” she shouted at the top of her lungs. “How dare you claim to love me and then betray me with the very next ‘truth’.” She broke into tears, “Do you even know what love is? Do you have any idea!”

She cried inconsolably. She had lost everyone she wanted to hold dear. First, she lost her parents, then she lost Abhay, then her baby, her baby who was her dream. And now Sam. She had started to trust Sam. She thought he was her friend when he cried with her in her pain, gave her strength, gave her hope.

Sam held Nica close to his heart, her tears falling on him and gifting him her pain. He had yearned to hold her close to him like this seven years ago when he, for the first time, realised his feelings for her.

“I would like you to trust me,” he said.

Veronica came to her senses and pushed him out of her embrace. To trust? Was he really asking her to do it?

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 11 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Main raste se jaa rahi, bhel Puri khaa rahi, aapne rula diya, ab main tissue kahaan se dhundu😭