Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 months ago

Originally posted by: Ottocake

Yes, the last 20 mins also the main culprit deserved harsher punishment. The love angle was unnecessary and the ending frame when both the leads were looking each other and saying ILU was so funny to me. 😆

I loved the chemistry of the antogonist’s husband and FL ngl.. and yes the romance with lee da hyun dint fit well. otherwise a great show 

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Thank you! The first thing I want to do in Korea is just catch a bus. K drama lead characters and their love for riding the bus while travelling at night gave me major fomo. 😅 

Racism is prevalent everywhere but I’ve heard Korea being mentioned one too many times for my own comfort. I guess it’s more shocking because the dramas are mainly so light hearted and fluffy. It’s hard to fathom that a dreamlike place has any form of racism and bullying. A lot of people who visited Korea also warned the public of hidden cameras being a major issue in hotels and airbnb rentals.  

@ Bold - oh that’s definitely derogatory no matter how you look at it. 😕

take good care of yourself, if you want to go to pubs and karaoke which are big part of night life. Have read that laws are skewed for women there. I have read somewhere SK is technologically advanced but culturally backwards. Its too patriarchal and misogyny is deep rooted

have friends/family with you while venturing out 

Edited by Kuvama_Doob_Jao - 11 months ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kuvama_Doob_Jao

take good care of yourself, if you want to go to pubs and karaoke which are big part of night life. Have read that laws are skewed for women there. I have read somewhere SK is technologically advanced but culturally backwards. Its too patriarchal and misogyny is deep rooted

have friends/family with you while venturing out 

Thank you for letting me know. That’s pretty scary if true. I’m going to South Korea with my younger sister (27) and thankfully neither of us has ever been into the club or pub life. We don’t drink. However, karaoke was something we considered so it’s good to know that I should grow eyes at the back of my head. 

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thank you for letting me know. That’s pretty scary if true. I’m going to South Korea with my younger sister (27) and thankfully neither of us has ever been into the club or pub life. We don’t drink. However, karaoke was something we considered so it’s good to know that I should grow eyes at the back of my head. 

My friend was there for some time. Pls be cautious. Like someone said, technically its very advanced but its a deeply misogynistic society. 

Also as a traveller pls be aware of spycams. There is a huge huge huge problem of spycams being installed in hotel rooms, changing rooms, public bathrooms... so do check your hotel room carefully. . Also try sticking to jeans or wearing shorts under skirts because people put phones on the floor to record under the skirt and upload it. 

This is Not an exaggeration, its very prevalent.. You can Google it... . Infact last year i think women marched and held a public protest in korea against this all. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: bips

My friend was there for some time. Pls be cautious. Like someone said, technically its very advanced but its a deeply misogynistic society. 

Also as a traveller pls be aware of spycams. There is a huge huge huge problem of spycams being installed in hotel rooms, changing rooms, public bathrooms... so do check your hotel room carefully. . Also try sticking to jeans or wearing shorts under skirts because people put phones on the floor to record under the skirt and upload it. 

This is Not an exaggeration, its very prevalent.. You can Google it... . Infact last year i think women marched and held a public protest in korea against this all. 

I first came across the issue of spycams on TikTok and was horrified. I knew it was common in Japan but had no idea it was prevalent in Korea as well. I’m planning to buy a cam detector and will go through every nook and corner of the hotel room. At this point I’m so paranoid, I might shower with my freaking clothes on. 

I’ll be wearing jeans or tights for sure. Thank you for telling me all this, I really appreciate it. ❤️

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: EXOL

recently in the asian boss YT channel , they asked commoners if it was how it is shown in the drama.. they said 100% and one person even said drama is even more tamed down than what happens irl.. gave me jitters.. 

Yes, I follow them on IG and I was shocked beyond belief when I heard the guy say that what was shown was still milder compared to what actually happens. I mean, you gotta be kidding right? 

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7

i dont meant to rattle you but there are YT videos of foreigners who went to tame place like karaoke and got assaulted. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orkl3SS42BI&ab_channel=KSTbyTheKoreaTimes

Kdramas tries to create a rosy picture of night life in korea, whereas reality is something else

P.S.  i am not saying all places are like that but be careful. Do you have any male cousin/ friend that can accompany you?

Socklet thumbnail

Originally posted by: EXOL

I loved the chemistry of the antogonist’s husband and FL ngl.. and yes the romance with lee da hyun dint fit well. otherwise a great show 

She should have ended up with him that would have been a real revenge 😆

Witcher thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you for the video, I was considering going to South Korea but this video changed my mind. 

i dont meant to rattle you but there are YT videos of foreigners who went to tame place like karaoke and got assaulted. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orkl3SS42BI&ab_channel=KSTbyTheKoreaTimes

Kdramas tries to create a rosy picture of night life in korea, whereas reality is something else

P.S.  i am not saying all places are like that but be careful. Do you have any male cousin/ friend that can accompany you?

[/QUOTE]

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

I found it okay. They should have given us more of Ha Do Young (the antagonist's husband). I like such gray characters.