Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Originally posted by: naaznin

What's the use of doing faltu movies in Hollywood. Better work in home country n do good roles.

https://youtube.com/shorts/jETiAVG_Fg4?feature=share

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: you2

Not in Hollywood.When they speak in English..whatever their accent may be..mars their performance.

EVEN Irrfan.He is more effective ,when he speaks in Hindi.

I get what you mean. Western audiences reject accents they don't understand. But IMHO, it is about time we got over judging people on accents. Asian accents, both South Asian and East Asian, often tend to be played for laughs. But with more Asian representation, I hope it changes. 

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: semantic.error

Because they are all getting such spectacular roles in Bollywood? ðŸ˜†

You win!

Close the thread now😆

Maroonporsche thumbnail
NatkhatPyare thumbnail

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I don’t know about Deepu.. but Alia will definitely make it..she literally has some magic potion and gets everything she wants ðŸ¤“ lets see if her manifestation skills hit the bull’s eye here as well..tbh HW movies have been totally crap for sometime now..but this year it shows signs of good storylines making a return like Oppenheimer, The Barbie movie looks something different too from the DC Marvel rehash..

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

I admire deepu for not faking her accent but with this accent global stardom is not possible..her da da da is hard to cope up with even for the desi audience..let alone the goras..

sanityinfinite thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

They are too desi to make it abroad. 

Alia still talks like a 5 year old kid and she can sound annoying as F. Nobody abroad would have the time and patience for her.

Deepika has a very Karnatic/Carnatic accent. Glaringly and annoyingly so. She's good for Padmavat type of roles. If she ever does any movie abroad, she'll have to be given the role of an Indian woman in a Padmavat type avatar, doing a cameo and someone that is a sidekick or is easily forgettable.

Same with Aish. She couldn't get the 'desi' out of her to be in 'videshi' cinema.

They can be ambassadors for India in an interview or something abroad. But they simply cannot amalgamate to the West or make people in the West, see them as 'one of their own'. The way that PC has done it.

PC started from the scratch here and did not try to insert her Indian roots all time in interviews or in her movies. She faked it till she made it. But now, is she one among them for sure. I also appreciated her for letting go of her Indian image and trying her best to embrace the West and HW. It takes an amount of sacrifice, courage, an appetite for risk and determination. She is now accepted and recognized in Hollywood.

Freak, she worked with the likes of Richard Madden. That's crazy good. The Rock is like her elder Brother. Nick and the Jonas family are behind her. Her networks and friendships are with the likes of Ellen, Jimmy Faloon, Jimmy Kimmel, Joy Behar and Megan Markle! (Royal family!)

I can't see an Aish, a Deepika or an Alia (who is a joke), ever get to that kinda success or influence. I'll give it to PC for being the most successful transition ever for someone who moved from BW to HW.

Edited by sanityinfinite - 11 months ago
Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

No, not as a lead actress

deepika can may be make it as a model or something but not as an actress, she won't have command over language and she is not that good of an actress to overcome that.

Alia won't make it period, she is neither a great actress or looker.

Edited by Outlander22 - 11 months ago
atominis thumbnail

I agree with the analysis. Especially on how PC has mostly tried to assimilate there and got rid of Indian image while Ash and others wore Indianness on sleeve or acted holier than thou that they live with parents or wore Indian sarees to their shows or had Indian accent or refused to do kissing or intimate scenes.

PC has totally changed the way she speaks and does not act like a typical Indian and neither shies away from doing intimate scenes as needed.

I agree on Alia's style of talking. Too juvenile for my taste. IDK if anyone abroad will find her adorable as Indians do.

I think Deepika has good looks and body to make it abroad if she wants to. But her accent could be an issue.