What Sairat should have been

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 months ago

I loved this show till the chilli grinding bs. I actually even loved every bit of Sai's bratty, brash behaviour with Chavhans because they deserved it.

What I hoped they would do is take the Sasural Genda Phool route with Sai transforming her irritating, orthodox in-laws because to me, at least, there was an underlying layer of humour and amusement in the intial 60-70 episodes. Let's be honest, Ayesha has insane chemistry with all of the Chavhans even if none of them are great actors barring Shail ji.

Even with Pakhi, she had a very realistic arch for 5-10 epis in the beginning when she was morally torn about Samrat going MIA and her feelings for Virat. I liked her especially when she was jealous of Sai and indignant with Virat but did not try to harm Sai or be creepy like she turned out to be immediately afterwards lol. Roopkotha did have a realistic progression with her husband once Rono clarified his unequivocal affection for Emon.

Whatever off-screen unease or insecurities played into ruining both the women and then normalise domestic abuse ruined whatever potential Sairat had

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

looseseal thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Deltablues

I loved this show till the chilli grinding bs. I actually even loved every bit of Sai's bratty, brash behaviour with Chavhans because they deserved it.

What I hoped they would do is take the Sasural Genda Phool route with Sai transforming her irritating, orthodox in-laws because to me, at least, there was an underlying layer of humour and amusement in the intial 60-70 episodes. Let's be honest, Ayesha has insane chemistry with all of the Chavhans even if none of them are great actors barring Shail ji.

Even with Pakhi, she had a very realistic arch for 5-10 epis in the beginning when she was morally torn about Samrat going MIA and her feelings for Virat. I liked her especially when she was jealous of Sai and indignant with Virat but did not try to harm Sai or be creepy like she turned out to be immediately afterwards lol. Roopkotha did have a realistic progression with her husband once Rono clarified his unequivocal affection for Emon.

Whatever off-screen unease or insecurities played into ruining both the women and then normalise domestic abuse ruined whatever potential Sairat had

Exactly. 

ITV hardly ever follows through their initial charatcer sketch.

Virat was not stuck between pyaar and farz for long. Him growing fond of Sai but genuinely having hard time to move on with her because Pakhi was right there with him, not to mention Samrat being away would have been much more compelling character than whatever they did to his character. 

Same with Pakhi, she had all the build up to be the "poor her" character. With Samrat gone, she couldnt move on even if she wanted to. And having to witness Virat growing closer to Sai could have made for a good drama....but no she was turned into overglorified side charatcer with no story of her own, just there to give disgusting glares and say some petty but insignificant lines...

Sai is the only one to retain SOME of her original core personality.

Sadly, all of Chavans have been turned into cartoonish level of bullies and criminals. 

nikita05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

https://twitter.com/priya_gaddam/status/1656318233782390784?s=20

Whatever you are saying is fine but SaiRat could never ๐Ÿ‘†

Deltablues thumbnail

Originally posted by: nikita05

https://twitter.com/priya_gaddam/status/1656318233782390784?s=20

Whatever you are saying is fine but SaiRat could never ๐Ÿ‘†

My girl, Pakhi, honestly deserves way better than the domestic abuser, please.

Vinu deserves so much better than that madhouse

nikita05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

My girl, Pakhi, honestly deserves way better than the domestic abuser, please.

Vinu deserves so much better than that madhouse

But she never understood her worth๐Ÿ˜ญ

mysticriver thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I'm being honest with y'all I might have considered SaiRat as endgame if they fixed his ckt forever, went through 3x worse than what he put Sai through but mainly if they changed the actor. I can't take his social distance inhibitions anymore that's been my main grouse. He's made me hate Virat & single-handedly spoilt my viewing experience for on-screen. 

Deltablues thumbnail

Originally posted by: mysticriver

I'm being honest with y'all I might have considered SaiRat as endgame if they fixed his ckt forever, went through 3x worse than what he put Sai through but mainly if they changed the actor. I can't take his social distance inhibitions anymore that's been my main grouse. He's made me hate Virat & single-handedly spoilt my viewing experience for on-screen. 

I could never wholeheartedly root for them after he gaslighted her after the chill-grinding. Then he refused food to her, beat her friends, locked her up, kicked her out and I was like ye nahi dekhna mujhe lol

Rimu_coldfire thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Patralekha is waaaay worse than Rupkotha, and Rono is a far far better man than Virat could ever dream of - that is the main problem here.

Rupkotha generated a lot of sympathy, especially with infertility issues and craving for a child and then from being jeaolous of Emon to loving her like a sister, infact she is the reason why Rono-Emon even reconciled. After Badshah's death, I genuinely cried for her, poor girl did not deserve that.

Rono as well, made it much clear regarding his status with any women in his life. He was much better in his actions IMO than Virat's two timing ness. Also Rono has mentioned quite a lot of times that Rupkotha is his boudi (vahini in bengali), which Virat has never done. 

The Chavan here are outright toxic, in the original show there was not this much toxicity and negativity as much as here. There were genuine supporters of Emon in the show who didn't flip randomly. Even Rono Emon weren't such flippers like Sai and Virat are.

So for me, Sairat is not Rono Emon, they could never achieve that domesticity and love and even respect Rono and Emon had for each other. Once upon a time I did think that this couple has that potential, but the OTT Chavaniyat shown here made me think otherwise. It's so sad to see that this PH took my (and many others) favourite show and turned it into a joke, including the till now lead pair. IDK what they will do with future leads too, but honestly, I don't have much hope from these people.

RonoEmon >>>> Sairat

Rupkotha >>>>>>>> Patralekha

Kusumdola >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GHKKPM

Edited by Cold-Fire - 11 months ago
Deltablues thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cold-Fire

Patralekha is waaaay worse than Rupkotha, and Rono is a far far better man than Virat could ever dream of - that is the main problem here.

Rupkotha generated a lot of sympathy, especially with infertility issues and craving for a child and then from being jeaolous of Emon to loving her like a sister, infact she is the reason why Rono-Emon even reconciled. After Badshah's death, I genuinely cried for her, poor girl did not deserve that.

Rono as well, made it much clear regarding his status with any women in his life. He was much better in his actions IMO than Virat's two timing ness. Also Rono has mentioned quite a lot of times that Rupkotha is his boudi (vahini in bengali), which Virat has never done. 

The Chavan here are outright toxic, in the original show there was not this much toxicity and negativity as much as here. There were genuine supporters of Emon in the show who didn't flip randomly. Even Rono Emon weren't such flippers like Sai and Virat are.

So for me, Sairat is not Rono Emon, they could never achieve that domesticity and love and even respect Rono and Emon had for each other. Once upon a time I did think that this couple has that potential, but the OTT Chavaniyat shown here made me think otherwise. It's so sad to see that this PH took my (and many others) favourite show and turned it into a joke, including the till now lead pair. IDK what they will do with future leads too, but honestly, I don't have much hope from these people.

RonoEmon >>>> Sairat

Rupkotha >>>>>>>> Patralekha

Kusumdola >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GHKKPM

I have to agree with this. I watched KD without understanding much of it because I love Madhabj lol. But even tho I detested Rono and wanted Emon to dump his ass, his character was the same stoic MCP to everyone and did not flip randomly or gave ott expressions like Neil. He was an asshole from day 1 lol

What worked in that show, I guess, is the supporting cast being competent actors and having good character arcs of their own. The supporting cast were genuinely better actors than both the leads put together

+

They were orthodox and disgusting in a realistically infuriating way and not like vile, perverse Chavhans

Rimu_coldfire thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I have to agree with this. I watched KD without understanding much of it because I love Madhabj lol. But even tho I detested Rono and wanted Emon to dump his ass, his character was the same stoic MCP to everyone and did not flip randomly or gave ott expressions like Neil. He was an asshole from day 1 lol

What worked in that show, I guess, is the supporting cast being competent actors and having good character arcs of their own. The supporting cast were genuinely better actors than both the leads put together

+

They were orthodox and disgusting in a realistically infuriating way and not like vile, perverse Chavhans

That's the thing, Rono was an a-hole to everyone. When he gave disgusted looks he gave it to both Emon and Rupkotha, and when he was hurt by Emon's actions, he would emote it quite well by pretending to stoic in front of Emon, but never a disgusted look, it was through and through angst..

My god, those brilliant scenes, their love confession, Emon going from Aapni to Tumi, their boat romance, bedroom romance.... what a show man! 

Sairat could never, maybe even Saiya won't be able to bring out that raw emotions, and even the PH doesn't have it in them to write logical and emotional tracks that will be dealt with sensitively and sensibly!