Abhira OS: A Starry Winter Night

Shadow_kissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 months ago

Abhira OS: A Starry Winter Night

“On this starry winter night, as the moon shone bright,

Two lovers lay in their beds, lost in their plight.”

Akshara'sheart sank as she saw Abhimanyu walking towards her. She had been hoping to get away from him during their four-day trip to the camp, to get some distance and to calm her erratic heart. But now, seeing him again made all her emotions come rushing back to her. She cursed her fate, for bringing them together once again.

Her reasoning for bringing Abhir to the camp for a change of scenery was a mere excuse on her part. The reason was her desperation to flee from Udaipur, to run away from Abhimanyu because her strict façade was cracking

She had been trying so hard to keep her emotions in check, to forget the love that they had once shared. But seeing Abhir's cute and playful antics only reminded her of the man she had loved so deeply. Her heart still beat for Abhi, and it had never stopped beating for him. Over the years, she had buried her memories of their time together deep inside her heart. But now, they were all resurfacing with a vengeance.

As she lay beneath the glittering stars, her mind and heart were consumed with memories of their love. She longed for his warm embrace, for the moments they had lost over the past six years. Her heart ached at the thought of Abhi, and she knew that her love for him was as strong as ever.

Meanwhile, Abhimanyu felt a deep sense of gratitude towards Mahadev. He had prayed for to be reunited with his son, and now he had finally been given that chance. But seeing Akshara again made him realize just how much he had lost. He had lost six precious years of his son's life, years that he could never get back.

The anger he had once felt towards Akshara had subsided over time, replaced by a deep sense of guilt. Interacting with Abhir and looking at his radiant happiness made Abhimanyu realise that had Akshara returned back to Birla House, she would have been accepted back only because she was pregnant. Abhimanyu himself had failed to listen to her desperate pleas when she tried to share the news of their surviving baby.

Heck, he had divorced her and thrown her out of his home mere hours after her miscarriage. Typical behaviour of his father, whom he despised. Abhimanyu had vowed never to walk in his father’s footsteps, yet on that fateful day, his actions had put even his father's actions to shame.

As he lay beneath the glittering stars, his mind and heart were consumed with memories of their love. He longed to make things right with Akshara, to keep the promises he had once made to her. But all those promises had been broken, and they were left with nothing but broken hearts.

The pain of their separation was still fresh, as was the love they once shared. Both of them yearned for each other, for the warmth of each other's embrace. They knew that they could never go back to the way things were, but they still longed for a future together.

Their love had been shattered, but it was not yet lost. It still burned brightly in their hearts, a beacon of hope for a future they both yearned for. As they lay beneath the starry sky, their hearts were filled with longing and pain, but also with the hope of a future where they could be together once again. 

“She wrapped herself in memories of his tender kiss,

Of how his lips met hers with such sweet bliss.

She remembered the way he held her close,

As they danced under the stars, surrounded by roses.”

As Akshara lay there, wrapped in the warmth of her memories, she recalled the countless moments spent with Abhimanyu. Memories of their first kiss under the starry sky and how his tender lips had met hers with such sweet bliss flooded her mind. She couldn't help but long for his warm embrace, the way he held her close and made her feel safe.

She felt a sharp pang in her chest, remembering how he had whispered sweet nothings into her ear and how his touch made her feel alive. It was as if the world had stopped and there was only the two of them, lost in each other's embrace.

But that was all in the past now. Akshara had tried to move on, to forget Abhimanyu and their love, but her heart wouldn't let her. She had tried to convince herself that she was over him, that she had made peace with her past, but her heart knew the truth. It still ached for him, yearned for him, even after all these years.

Her heart ached as she remembered how they used to dance together under the stars, surrounded by roses, lost in their own world. She missed the way his strong arms wrapped around her, securing her and protecting her from the world.

But reality hit her hard as she recalled the day when she had lost everything. The day when she had miscarried their babies and how she had been divorced and thrown out of their home by Abhimanyu. Her desperate pleas for him to listen to her had gone unheard and she was left alone, broken and shattered.

For days, she had tried to reach out to him, to let him know that their baby was alive and well. But his deaf ears never heard her cries and she was left to suffer in silence.

And yet, despite everything, her heart still longed for him. It still beat for him, even after all these years. She knew deep down that he was the only one she had ever loved and would continue to love for eternity.

As she lay there, lost in her memories, she couldn't help but wonder if he still thought about her, if he still remembered the moments they shared together. The thought of being reunited with him and their son made her heart skip a beat, and she silently prayed that one day, they would be a family once again.

As soon as the prayer had slipped out of her lips, reality once again came crashing down. They were both tied down by responsibilities and promises, a burden of their own doing. Her marriage with Abhinav was a compromise, a means of providing Abhir with a stable family life. Her heart only belongs to her Abhi. She was grateful was Abhinav’s companionship but merely as a friend.

“He lay in bed, lost in memories of her touch,

Of how her love filled his heart so much.

He remembered her laughter, so loud and clear,

As she whispered sweet nothings in his ear.”

As Abhimanyu lay beneath the sky, his mind wandered back to the days when Akshara was his wife, his love, and his life. He could still feel her gentle touch on his skin, her fingers tracing patterns on his chest, her soft whispers of love in his ear. The memories of her sweet laughter still echoed in his mind, reminding him of the happy times they had spent together.

Abhimanyu's heart ached as he thought about the changes in Akshara. She was not the same bubbly, vivacious woman he knew six years ago. Her laughter was forced, her smile didn't reach her eyes, and her once radiant personality had been extinguished. It was as if she was merely existing, going through the motions of life.

The only time she truly seemed happy was when she was with Abhir. Abhimanyu watched as Akshara interacted with their son, her eyes lighting up with love and affection. Abhir was her world, her reason for existence. And seeing her like this made Abhimanyu realize the depth of the pain he had caused her.

He longed for Akshara's touch, for her love that had filled his heart so much. He wished he could turn back time, go back to the days when they were happy and in love. He knew he had hurt her deeply, and the pain of that realization made his heartache.

But he also knew that he wanted to make it right, to be there for her and their child. He wanted to cherish their love, to hold them close once again, to dance under the stars, surrounded by roses. He hoped that one day she would forgive him, that they could start anew, and that their love would bloom once again.

But Abhimanyu was bound by the promises he gave toArohi and Roohi. He cared deeply for Roohi, she had kept him sane and given him a reason to live his life. He would fulfil his promise, but only as her Poppy. Her Roohi was a good child and she would understand. He would make sure that she understands that his love for her would never diminish. But he could only be her Poppy.

Learning about Abhir’s existence has changed the equation of relationships for him. He couldn’t bear his son being confused. Abhir would address him only as ‘Papa’ and nothing else.

Abhimanyu was aware of the companionship shared between his Akshu and Abhinav Ji. Unknown to Akshara, Abhinav Ji had confided regarding the truth of their relationship to him. His only wish was to be a part of Abhir’s life. And that is something that Abhimanyu could agree with.

He made a vow to himself to never let his anger and pride get the best of him again. He knew that he had a lot of work to do to earn back Akshara’s trust and love, but he was willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

“But fate had intervened and their love was torn apart,

Leaving them with memories etched deep in their heart.

They lay in bed, longing for each other's embrace,

Yearning for the love they could no longer chase.”

“She thought of the late-night talks they shared,

Of how they laughed and cried, and showed they cared.

She remembered the moments they stole kisses,

Of how they promised to love through all life's abysses.”

Akshara couldn't help but let out a small sigh, as she gazed up at the moon. It was nights like this that made her feel lonely, the silence and stillness of the night only amplified her thoughts. She missed Abhimanyu, missed the way he held her and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. But she couldn't turn back time, couldn't change the past. Yet, her heart refused to listen.

“He thought of the times they spent under the moon,

Of how they promised to always be together soon.

He remembered the way she looked into his eyes,

As they made promises to love until the end of time.”

Abhimanyu, on the other hand, lay under the moon with his thoughts consumed by Akshara. He missed her touch, her laughter, and her love. He knew he had made a mistake by letting her go. But he was determined to make amends. He would start by being there for his son, Abhir. He would be the father his son deserved, and maybe, just maybe, he could be the man Aksharadeserved too.

“And as they lay in bed, lost in memories of their past,

The longing for each other grew, as the night did last.

They knew that their love was forever, a bond so strong,

That even though they were apart, their love still lived on.”

As they continued to gaze at the stars, Akshara and Abhimanyu felt a sense of peace wash over them. They both knew that their love was too strong to be forgotten. They had lost each other once, but they were not ready to lose each other again.

Akshara turned towards Abhimanyu, and he could see the sadness in her eyes. She was still hurting from their past, but he knew that he could make it right. He reached for her hand, and she grasped it tightly, looking into his eyes.

"I don't want to lose you again," she whispered softly.

Abhimanyu squeezed her hand and replied, "I don't want to lose you either. We may have lost our way, but our love is still here. We can still make it work."

Akshara's eyes lit up with hope, and she smiled at Abhimanyu. For the first time in years, he saw the twinkle in her eyes that he had missed so much.

"I want to try again," she said, her voice filled with determination.

“But I can’t do this to Arohi and Roohi. Abhinav would understand. Abhir loves you as his Docman and over time he would accept this new relation also but Roohi, I can’t break her heart.” Akshara shares with a sad smile.

“This time around, I am determined to keep my promises. Roohi will always be his Poppy’s daughter and nothing could change that. She will always be my priority just like Abhir. She will get all the love she deserves from me but as her Poppy,” Abhimanyuexplains.

“But what about Arohi?,” Akshara questioned still not convinced about Abhimanyu’s conviction.

“My priority is Roohi and not Arohi. My relationship with Arohi is only as Roohi’s mother and would have been the same even if I would have married her. I could never in this lifetime love her,” Abhimanyu adds while wiping a stray tear from Akshara’s eye.

“You have nothing to worry about Akshu. I will take care of everything”

“It is my job to worry Abhi. I could lose everything in the blink of an eye. It has taken me years to build a life for Abhir. I can’t let it shatter just based on your promises. Do you really think your mother would let this marriage slide? Won’t she pursue you to marry Arohi this instant? Do you really think that knowing about Abhir’s existence and the truth of my marriage with Abhinav would make her rethink her decisions? If anything, she would be hell-bent on keeping Abhir away from me on the pretence that I can’t provide him with a secure environment.

Just to give our relationship another chance, I can’t bear to risk losing Abhir. You can still have a healthy relationship with Abhir with me in your life as Abhir’s mother and nothing else. But I can’t bring back Abhir to a house where he will be subjected to the same trauma that I was as a child. I can’t throw him in the midst of complicated relationships with no way out.

Abhir is just like you Abhimanyu. An ardent devotee of Mahadev who loves passionately. His anger is on the tip of his nose even though he tries his best to keep calm in tough situations. He loves me just as you love your mother. A slight fever or paper cut has him worried.

How do you think he will react when he sees his mother being ill-treated at Birla House? I am aware that your Mother still blames me for Neil’s death. Arohi’s insecurity comes to the forefront with my presence. Roohi is just a child but for the last six years, she had your undivided attention. Abhir’s presence is like a competition for her. She has Arohi’s competitive streak but also Neil’s compassion. She acts impulsively but is also quick to understand when things are explained to her.

Abhir and Roohi share a sweet bond. A bond which needs to be protected. This bond won’t be protected if Abhir comes back to Birla House. The kids need time to understand their new dynamics. They need to be reassured through our actions and words that the love we have for them won’t ever change.

I don’t want Abhir to become another Abhimanyu who addresses his father as ‘Sir’. I don’t want Roohi and Abhir’s relationship to be another Arohi and Akshara. I want them to have a relationship like Naira Mumma and Naksh Mammu. I want your and Abhir’s relationship to be like Kairav Bhaiya and Papa’s.

But for all this to happen, you need to sort your relations, Abhimanyu. You need to decide what is important in your life. Do you wish to give our relationship another chance, to build a sibling bond between Abhir and Roohi or do you want to take Abhir back to Birla House?

Think about what I have said Abhimanyu and when you have an answer I will be waiting to listen.”

Abhimanyu was speechless listening to Akshara’swords. He had not thought about the depth of his hasty actions and the repercussions it would result in. But one thing was clear, Abhimanyu wants to give his and Akshara’s relationship another chance. And if this meant settling elsewhere, then so be it.

“Akshu, I don’t need to think twice about matters of heart. I want to give our relationship another chance. I won’t take Abhir back to Birla House. We will slowly introduce the new relations to both Roohi and Abhir and make sure they have a healthy relationship. Roohi would get his Poppy’s love and Abhir’s relationship with Abhinav Ji would never be strained.”

Abhimanyu leaned in, and they shared a passionate kiss, full of longing and love. As they pulled away, they both knew that this was just the beginning.

They agreed to start slow, to take things one day at a time. They would be friends first, for the sake of their child, and see where things went from there. They knew that it wouldn't be easy, but their love was worth fighting for.

As they lay on the ground, holding each other close, they both felt a sense of contentment wash over them. They had found their way back to each other, and this time, they wouldn't let anything tear them apart.

With a smile on their faces, they both closed their eyes, ready to start a new chapter in their lives, full of hope, love, and happiness.

“On this starry winter night, as the moon shone bright,

Two lovers lay in their beds, finally united to never part.”