Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

Audience of today has no standards anyway and never expects actress to act. 

A quite superficial generalization, imo.

Aren't you (and members here) also audience? So you (and them) have "no standards"???!!!

I'm audience, too...my standards may not be like yours...but guess, what? I expect actresses to act (and actors, too).

Although not each actress' (and each actor's) acting satisfies me, until now I didn't come across an actress (an actor) that didn't act at all.

atominis thumbnail

I have stopped watching Hindi films for several years now.

I was a regular watcher only till mid 2000s. My interest has been waning since then with few exceptions.

I can count on finger tips what films or actors are good.

I have no qualms in saying we have not had good actors in last decade or so and most new lot are passable.

atominis thumbnail

Lulz. Is she really a success? Sonam is a flop. She is famous only online for WTF statements 

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Mine. Luck from head to toe 

Thoda luck hume bech do

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

Lulz. Is she really a success? Sonam is a flop. She is famous only online for WTF statements 

Wait.. what .. no.. I mean she became successful to be an actress and known. Not that she's a successful actress.. no ways.. 

That was by sheer birthluck. Lol

🤣

greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

For me I will say Alia, Ranbir, Katrina, Kriti, Disha and anything Nora gets.

*Alia because she literally sucked initially and was so below average and annoying. Without Kjo she wouldn't be as far as she is today. I understand she is a nepo and she has more opportunities, but she is just meh at times. Though she has improved and I think she has a few decent films.

*Ranbir. This might be odd for me to say it but he's had so many flops, even his debut was a flop. He is always called young Casanova even though my dude is 40. He isn't a terrible actor but he does the same thing and still gets big films. Luck and privilege's. 

*Katrina. A (probably white) woman who comes to a country as a last minute replacement, she ends up dating Salman and using his name and connections to get better chances, modeling gigs, and becomes a star! You can argue all you want that yes, Salman helped others, but he never shoved those people down our throats like he did with Katrina. In fact, after her and Ranbir's break up she ran to him for help career wise. The woman used to be arrogant but her break up with Ranbir made her a gyaan type of self help quotes and suddenly she is a saint and never done wrong. She has worked hard only her looks and dancing, didn't really start getting comfortable with Hindi until some time back, and her acting is still quite sub par. I know many say she's a hard worker...but on what exactly? Yes, she has a little improvement but it's not saying much. The standard is in the ground at this point. She definitely was gorgeous in her prime and she has immense screen presence. 

*Kriti. She is so bland and just there. I am not sure how she gets so many films. I don't find her ugly, but I am not wowed by her either. Not even dancing or anything wows me about her. She is like toast...bland!

*Disha. Yeah, she's got a hot body...woop-de-doo!

*Nora. Her and Disha are nearly same to same for me. They are eye candy and nothing more. I don't understand how they get any work at this point because they don't have any box office pull and don't bring anything else....but I digress. 

atominis thumbnail

Better stop getting personal and do not try to act like an armchair psychoanalyst here judging me or my traits.

I have seen you try this shit on me earlier as well in a thread on celeb deaths and nostalgia though there was nothing negative in it.

Either stay on topic and respond to points or stay out.

It is derailing topic and lowbrow to personally attack members or judge them or whine about negativity when left with no counter.

Anyone will attest to fact that Kat has no talent and only a lucky fluke and she never made effort to improve her acting or language all life. 

So stop feeling sad if someone does not mince words and calls a spade a spade.

Pliability does matter in India. Abhay Deol once openly spoke of how Indian society and BW industry rely on chamchagiri, asskissing, sycophancy and they hate anyone with a mind of their own. He was spot on. And I just stated truth as it is. Sycophancy, you scratch my back I scratch yours, pandering to media, bigwigs, politicians, dons and massaging egos goes a long way in ensuring success in this corrupt country in any field, not just BW.

Clochette thumbnail

... Sycophancy, you scratch my back I scratch yours, pandering to media, bigwigs, politicians, dons and massaging egos goes a long way in ensuring success in this corrupt country in any field, not just BW.

I agree with THAT. Although not ALL people of the country do that...and also not ALL from the filmindustry.

Katrina has talent...the acting department isn't the only one an actress in India can excell in... and at least in Zero, her acting was lauded even from critics (and from audience's side also). Therefore, the "NO talent" is just false.

SRK isn't an "asskissing" type of man...he may cater to some egos to sort out problems but he has - in no way - a weak character (what the word "asskissing" insinuates).

The rest of your post is just ranting about me asking you a question about a fact everybody can verify - in many threads you've opened and in many 'essays' you write/wrote. However, I've no problem with this rant. You don't want to write the reason for your predilection for negativity...okay... I still will cherish your knowledge...and chill about the rest 😎

atominis thumbnail

Which 'everyone else'? Your fellow SRK fans who feel irked at my posts?

Or some Katrina fan?

A bunch of butthurt fans do not represent everyone else on the forum.

Nobody cares what you think.

When left with nothing else, you cry negativity.

Typical of butthurt fans and apologists to change topic or divert or sidestep from topic at hand.

I have seen these tactics for ages online from Yahoo groups, Orkut to Twitter and these forums or FB and YT comments. So it does not cut ice with me. Try these tricks elsewhere.

SRK has never taken on bigwigs. He fights with equals or small fish. Never messes with big producers or politicians which is why he has never been removed from ads either  and is seen as a safer, likeable guy in the business compared to more volatile rivals. Stating that observation is not negative.

Clochette thumbnail

Oh, atominis, where did you read "everyone else" in my post?

(the rest, I won't comment, dear...wasted energy 😉)

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago