atominis thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Which film or artiste you think, succeeded purely due to luck or chance?

They had no or little merit but success was purely luck or fluke?

For me it would be Katrina Kaif who had no idea of language, no versatility or acting, no beauty like Ash. But still she became ridiculously successful purely due to her white skin, tall height, body and Indian obsession with firang girl. To last so long and give so many hits with so less talent as an actor and without even knowing the language is sheer luck IMO.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRK hands down

DEEWANA left by armaan kohli 

BAAZIGAR left by salman khan

DARR left by Aamir khan 

DDLJ left by saif

CHAK DE INDIA left by Salman khan

SWADES left by Amir khan

(and here I am not even talking about his unbearable over acting & hamming in a majority of his films, but pure luck of the films which made his career left by others, barring Swades) 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

Which film or artiste you think, succeeded purely due to luck or chance?

They had no or little merit but success was purely luck or fluke?

For me it would be Katrina Kaif who had no idea of language, no versatility or acting, no beauty like Ash. But still she became ridiculously successful purely due to her white skin, tall height, body and Indian obsession with firang girl. To last so long and give so many hits with so less talent as an actor and without even knowing the language is sheer luck IMO.

she also knew how to deal with people ( diplomacy ) and being linked to a superstar  whose into you helps. Not everyone can do that. Others who tried with these limitations got no where. I am impressed with Nora though in getting popular even in case it’s just as an item girl. 

Nora just like Katrina who had similar limitations minus not being linked to a superstar, though she was in Bigboss which got her noticed, but it was her item numbers that rose her to popularity n she even had a small role in bharat and then a movie role in a dancing movie with  varun  and shraddha. I think were she too concentrate and get help or be linked with  an A lister actor she could excel.  But her being on the outside isnt easy to get meaty role and she have to really prove her mettle. However as an item girl she as excelled and even opened at the World Cup soccer last year that’s an accomplishment 

Ocean_breeze thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

In my opinion, it would be unjust to label anyone's hardwork as sheer good luck. 

No one can be lucky forever to sustain in any industry. 

Originally posted by: Ocean_breeze

In my opinion, it would be unjust to label anyone's hardwork as sheer good luck. 

No one can be lucky forever to sustain in any industry. 

Everyone do a lot of hardwork in life within the film industry and outside of it as well, even those poor and unfortunate mazdoors/labours do a lot of hardwork, much more then these stars, yet hardly get anything in return except some money for the next meal :(

so mostly it's just sheer luck only

Ocean_breeze thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: shubh.shubh

Everyone do a lot of hardwork in life within the film industry and outside of it as well, even those poor and unfortunate mazdoors/labours do a lot of hardwork, much more then these stars, yet hardly get anything in return except some money for the next meal :(

so mostly it's just sheer luck only

I never went into money discussion. Income inequality is not subject of discussion here. If it is, then I , by no means would deny the fact that all the people around the globe work their a** off  and still do not get any  luxury to enjoy which is unjust and cruel. 

Sticking to the topic, I would still stand by my statement that nobody can be an achiever only bcuz of sheer luck. 

Edited by Ocean_breeze - 11 months ago
atominis thumbnail

Okay let me rephrase it.

Whose success you think, is mostly sheer luck or the person just got lucky or had time, circumstances in favour? And their success is more due to chance than own quality or merit?

Originally posted by: Ocean_breeze

I never went into money discussion. Income inequality is not subject of discussion here. If it is, then I , by no means would deny the fact that all the people around the globe work their a** off  and still do not get any  luxury to enjoy which is unjust and cruel. 

Sticking to the topic, I would still stand by my statement that nobody can be an achiever only bcuz of sheer luck. 

Luck and fate are the biggest factors in anyone's life that too specially in this fickle film industry where there is still no formula of success at the boxoffice, many genuinely good and even great films  turned into flops and bad or mediocare  ones become hits mainly due to the mood of the audience in a particular point of time backing with several other factors, in short luck.... all the hardwork of the whole team got ruined time and again just due to the verdict of boxoffice that is always so much unpredictable, and where one cannot guarantee that a great script will translate into a good & successful film, and where one don't even know that leaving or accepting which film will benefit or harm their career even after reading the whole script, so basically it is mostly sheer luck that plays the most important part in the film indudtry. 

Edited by shubh.shubh - 11 months ago
atominis thumbnail

Plenty of films are crap but succeeded due to fluke or timing.

Plenty of actors or writers and singers etc are crap but succeeded due to luck or timing and are irrelevant now or will be so later.

Plenty are those whose even fans later wonder why they liked them or their work and feel ashamed and foolish to admit they liked it.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Not only luck but a long of things play a role here. Of course I won’t ever discredit someone’s hard work and will to survive in such a cut throat industry but Katrina’s success was a result of different reasons. She debuted at a time when firangi girls weren’t that prevalent so people found her kinda unique and adorable. Not to forget that she was damn gorgeous and had amazing screen presence. She could hold her own against the mega stars she worked with on the silver screen. She survived on flower pot roles in big budget films but people recognised her presence, her stardom was something else at that time. May be she is diplomatic as well and knows how to handle relations in the industry, it’s not an easy feat. She knows how to talk well and present herself, minds her own business and doesn’t badmouth anyone. She always have had the X factor. So many firangi girls came after her but none could achieve what she had. I know you asked something else but just wanted to give my two cents on Katrina’s success in this industry. I think her Partner co stars Lara and Salman also mentioned on KWK about how hard working Katrina really is.