Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shirsha thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

I would like to know about Greek lessons. Is it available on Amazon or Flipkart? 

Shirsha thumbnail

I'm a book lover! 

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Screenshot_2023-04-23-21-42-42-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg 

How about this masterpiece, Shirsha? Would you like to write an analysis for this poem? 

I will post mine later.

Shirsha thumbnail

Originally posted by: SlowlyDrifting

Screenshot_2023-04-23-21-42-42-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg 

How about this masterpiece, Shirsha? Would you like to write an analysis for this poem? 

I will post mine later.

I know about  P. B. Shelly's literary works. I saw this poem a few days ago on internet. Wordsworth and Shelly belong to same time period. 

Witchofthewest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

It's a beautiful evening, and everything seems at peace and free of worldly worries. The poet then compares the quietness of the evening to Nun's serenity and holiness. The sun is bidding goodbye only after making a promise of coming back the next day, the sinking sun makes the heaven (implies God) to brood over the might of the nature. The thundering sound of waves makes the poet think of the nature & its invincibility.  Here, 'the mighty being' is a reference for God. Then the poet addresses a girl who is there with him, he believes that the girl is not much affected by the solemn and picturesque sight as much as him. But still that child, that girl is divine and pure just like all the children and God is always with her whether she knows it or not. Adults cannot fathom but the divine presence of God is always with little ones.

This poem is a sonnet (14 lines poem) describing the piousness of nature and tells us that God is always at work.   

P.S. I hope I did some justice ðŸ˜†

I'll just mention what I have understood from this and imply this so I can be at peace. 

Trust god. God has plans for you and no matter what's going on in life have trust in him and believe that he's always watching you and will do better things for you , its just your will which makes you keep going in life and his actions and plans are in accordance with your will. 

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail

Originally posted by: palakluvsabhiya

I'll just mention what I have understood from this and imply this so I can be at peace. 

Trust god. God has plans for you and no matter what's going on in life have trust in him and believe that he's always watching you and will do better things for you , its just your will which makes you keep going in life and his actions and plans are in accordance with your will. 

Absolutely! 

That is the beauty of poetry, you can extract as many interpretations as you want. :))

Shirsha thumbnail

Absolutely! 

That is the beauty of poetry, you can extract as many interpretations as you want. :))

I agree with you! 

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail

Let's discuss more poems na, Shirsha 😅

Shirsha thumbnail

Let's discuss more poems na, Shirsha 😅

I would love to discuss poems Rashi. ðŸ˜†

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shirsha

I would love to discuss poems Rashi. ðŸ˜†

So, let's start with the poem I posted ðŸ˜³ when are you going to post its analysis?