MT: It is a beauteous evening calm and free

Posted: 11 months ago

William Wordsworth compared sacred time with Nun in the poem. The Nun is breathless due to her devotion for the creator. 'The broad sun' is setting down and going towards restfulness. Heaven's gentleness shares its shadow with the Sea. William Wordsworth said, "Listen! The mighty Being is awake..." He understood the gravity and depth of the creator. He also understood 'his eternal motion's and that made 'a sound like thunder' forever. 'Dear child' is untouched by negativity and 'solemn thought' (seriousness). Wordsworth is talking about pantheism again in this poem. He sees divine spirit in the beauty of nature and nature lies in 'Abraham's bosom' in every day of the year. He said that human beings could not understand whether the creator stayed with them or not. He probably meant creator was extremely mysterious. 

Rashi, you can write an analysis of this poem. It's a beautiful poem. I like your choice of words. As you can see I wrote an analysis of the poem. 

Originally posted by Shirsha

Rashi, you can write an analysis of this poem. It's a beautiful poem. I like your choice of words. As you can see I wrote an analysis of the poem. 

Aww, Shirsha....thanks for bringing back my University days 😆 ..would love to write a critical analysis of the mentioned poem. I need some time as I'm totally out of practice but will certainly get back to you 😆

Edited by SlowlyDrifting - 11 months ago

This is beautiful!

Love you dear!

U r a pure and intellectual soul!

Originally posted by mintyblue

This is beautiful!

Love you dear!

U r a pure and intellectual soul!

Thank you so much Minti! 

Happy World Book Day

Edited by mintyblue - 11 months ago

It's a beautiful evening, and everything seems at peace and free of worldly worries. The poet then compares the quietness of the evening to Nun's serenity and holiness. The sun is bidding goodbye only after making a promise of coming back the next day, the sinking sun makes the heaven (implies God) to brood over the might of the nature. The thundering sound of waves makes the poet think of the nature & its invincibility.  Here, 'the mighty being' is a reference for God. Then the poet addresses a girl who is there with him, he believes that the girl is not much affected by the solemn and picturesque sight as much as him. But still that child, that girl is divine and pure just like all the children and God is always with her whether she knows it or not. Adults cannot fathom but the divine presence of God is always with little ones.

This poem is a sonnet (14 lines poem) describing the piousness of nature and tells us that God is always at work.   

P.S. I hope I did some justice 😆

Originally posted by SlowlyDrifting

It's a beautiful evening, and everything seems at peace and free of worldly worries. The poet then compares the quietness of the evening to Nun's serenity and holiness. The sun is bidding goodbye only after making a promise of coming back the next day, the sinking sun makes the heaven (implies God) to brood over the might of the nature. The thundering sound of waves makes the poet think of the nature & its invincibility.  Here, 'the mighty being' is a reference for God. Then the poet addresses a girl who is there with him, he believes that the girl is not much affected by the solemn and picturesque sight as much as him. But still that child, that girl is divine and pure just like all the children and God is always with her whether she knows it or not. Adults cannot fathom but the divine presence of God is always with little ones.

This poem is a sonnet (14 lines poem) describing the piousness of nature and tells us that God is always at work.   

Beautiful Slowly! 

P.S. I hope I did some justice 😆