Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Raijeera

Till now i didn't know GMN was a hit. I thought it's not my genre so didn't watch but will give it a try now

Tbh a production house can easily call anything that comes out on OTT as a hit. The only way OTT films make money is how much they are sold for to the OTT platform such as Netflix, Amazon etc, and that is done before the movie is even on the OTT platform. After it is on the platform a lot of them get many views as they are easily accessible and there are more people subscribed to OTT platforms. 
In that way 83 was even a hit on Netflix as it was trending number 1. 

Edited by zara321 - 1 years ago
VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

People still claim the film worked because of Ranbir's cameo. Even though it was Vicky in most of the movie. Handling comedy like a pro. I thought I liked him in serious roles like Sardar Udham. He can give some serious Hollywood actors a run for their money in comedy. 

I don’t think it’s traditional star power. 

GNM was sold at a big price to OTT so the success of the movie doesn’t exactly have anything to do with 1 good actor in particular but strong promotions online and a good storyline. 

For example Vicky brings in very good OTT numbers, not that it will translate to theatres that well, but he is a familiar face. Kiara has decent stardom with youngsters. Bhumi acted the best. Most GNM watchers were in their 30s/40s so I am not sure they are that fond of Ranbir Kapoor’s cameo. Youngsters could have watched it for him. 
It was a mix of different things. 

If we say that is star power then Yami Gautam has been pulling better numbers than so called A listers for 2 years. Janhvi Kapoor has 3 OTT hits as well, one with massive profit margins. 
And ofc the Queen of Befitting Replies has been outperforming Akshay Kumar at his own game. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

Tbh a production house can easily call anything that comes out on OTT as a hit. The only way OTT films make money is how much they are sold for to the OTT platform such as Netflix, Amazon etc, and that is done before the movie is even on the OTT platform. After it is on the platform a lot of them get many views as they are easily accessible and there are more people subscribed to OTT platforms. 
In that way 83 was even a hit on Netflix as it was trending number 1. 

To an extent. Deals are generally public knowledge because they are done in packages. There is a lot of confirmation of GNM’s numbers as many people thought the film would do horrible on OTT (myself included lmao). 

83 had an insane budget. If they had gone cheap it would have made back profit. It was not objectively that bad of a film. GNM had no such budget problem. 

Even if Selfiee now goes number 1 for 4 months I doubt it will make back the money on the film. 

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

I don’t think it’s traditional star power. 

GNM was sold at a big price to OTT so the success of the movie doesn’t exactly have anything to do with 1 good actor in particular but strong promotions online and a good storyline. 

For example Vicky brings in very good OTT numbers, not that it will translate to theatres that well, but he is a familiar face. Kiara has decent stardom with youngsters. Bhumi acted the best. Most GNM watchers were in their 30s/40s so I am not sure they are that fond of Ranbir Kapoor’s cameo. Youngsters could have watched it for him. 
It was a mix of different things. 

If we say that is star power then Yami Gautam has been pulling better numbers than so called A listers for 2 years. Janhvi Kapoor has 3 OTT hits as well, one with massive profit margins. 
And ofc the Queen of Befitting Replies has been outperforming Akshay Kumar at his own game. 

Whois queen of befitting replies?

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

To an extent. Deals are generally public knowledge because they are done in packages. There is a lot of confirmation of GNM’s numbers as many people thought the film would do horrible on OTT (myself included lmao). 

83 had an insane budget. If they had gone cheap it would have made back profit. It was not objectively that bad of a film. GNM had no such budget problem. 

Even if Selfiee now goes number 1 for 4 months I doubt it will make back the money on the film. 

theatrical releases depend upon the box office to make a profit, whereas with ott releases it’s a much safer option as they are getting an offer upfront and alot of times the ott releases have a smaller budget so they can easily make a profit from the offer. Once it releases on the ott platform it doesn’t make more money, it is just about the views which make the ott platform more money. 

I was also just generally talking about how alot of production houses call their ott releases hits. Kjo has claimed every ott film of dharmas as a success, now on what basis is he calling it a success? Nobody is really going to question him about it. That's why I said ott releases are easily called hits. 

Edited by zara321 - 1 years ago
hyancchoatishoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Jio studios will bankroll two other sequels of two flop films... Bhediya 2 and Shiddat 2. 😂

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: hyancchoatishoo

Jio studios will bankroll two other sequels of two flop films... Bhediya 2 and Shiddat 2. 😂

Oh my god, shiddat 2 is happening? Why? 😩

I want to watch Bhediya though, it's in the Maddock supernatural universe and I and excited for Stree 2😍

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Ammma dekh aaaa dekh tera munna bigda jaaaye 

aaaaammmmma dekh aammmmaa dekh

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

My theory is ..

Brahmastra is shelved.Kjo told Ayan  that he doesn't want to invest any more in the franchise. Rani Mukerji came to Ayan's rescue and gave him an entry into YRF.

Rest everything is eyewash.They are still trying to make it look like the film was not a dud..Obviously.In a couple of years, there will be other films..and this will be swept under the carpet.

Right now the plan  is damage control and keep the perception going for a while longer.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

In a certain way, that's my thought process, too. Karan and Ayan parted ways and Aditya/Rani give Ayan the opportunity to prove his mettle with War 2.

As I'm not sure who exactly is responsible for the way Brahmastra became such an expensive movie with an outcome that got twisted into a success story which it wasn't, it still could be that Ayan has promising ideas worth to consider them.

Part 1 had some really good moments and some plot parts worth to be developped...and Mohan's story as a spin off could be interesting, too.

Time will tell. At the moment, War 2 should be Ayan's main subject. It will - hopefully - also distance him from relationships that seem to have given him more heartache than happiness.