Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shalzie thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Mili, I  am yet to see the last 2 eps. Maybe it will amend my perspective for I am a firm believer that no means no.

Maybe we will then meet midway!🤣

Maybe Viaan has been heavily influenced by 'Jab Pyaar Kita To Darna Kya?'🤣

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Rsrockz

Hi,

When Viaan said he wants to be patient, he meant he's going to wait and not force Kathaa to agree, when he tells Kathaa that he can't move on meaning he is going to continue pursuing her and he's going to be persistent with his efforts. 

Because they both work in the same office and he wants to do things which can make her feel comfortable in his opinion, yet they can be uncomfortable for a firmly independent woman who is not used to being pampered by a male since her husband's death. So it's going to be a totally unknown territory for her, it's his way of telling her how present can be beautiful as well. He is telling her beforehand his feelings towards kathaa hasn't changed and he's positive about their future(Kathaa doesn't see them having any future together)

Love is an amazing feeling, the beauty of love lies in giving and this man is dying to shower his lady with his love because he's overwhelmed with those uncontrollable feelings. 

It's similar to the first rain after a hot sunny day which makes people want to drench themselves, but it can cause illnesses as well, still it's endearing. 

From a businessman's perspective, Viaan marrying his employee who already has a kid can cause consternation in his business circle. Yet to him that doesn't matter as long as he has kathaa in his life. 

He wants to understand and learn how to be a good father/father-figure even before becoming one, he knows it is quite a big responsibility and yet he want to be a good father/father-figure. Kathaa's son and his happiness is as important to him, because he is aware that aarav happiness is part of kathaa's happiness.

@Bold - That is the red flag - continue to pursue her part - It is making her uncomfortable and in awkward situation when clearly she has said No to him. Things would have been different if Katha had shown some inclination towards him, at present she is not in love with him and has clearly given a decision for No. It is about accepting that decision. Well yes love is a wonderful feeling as you said it is about giving but here man is just thinking about himself only and not Katha. Yes he can wait for her definitely to change her mind but these constant stares and this jugnu talks are all sounding like he is desperately after her. Love is selfless too and understanding of what other person feels at the moment. In last episode it was clear that Viaan was just thinking about his feelings and not the person whom he expressed his feelings too. Ideal take would have been to give her space and let her think about him while he distances himself and they could have let out that Aarav-Viaan bond out for Katha to actually fall in love again on her own.

Anyways lets see what next episodes are all about. 

kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mili9

@ bold..........Ouch😭 ! Shalzie, my friend🤗 I know you are kinder to Katha than this😒❤️. I am trying to tread very lightly here😵

To be fair, I don't think Katha let Ehsan close intentionally. She somehow didn't read him right (  I agree seemed very odd for someone with her EQ ). I think once she figured out the intentions, she told him about her state of mind with a finality, which left no doubts whatsoever. 

With Viaan, she remained completely formal . Not a friend, not a foe, just a co-worker and boss. She seemed to have understood the poem is about her and so, again, she told him, about her state of mind. Again, with utmost clarity, koi gunzaaish hi nahin👍🏼Obviously, she couldn't be more forceful than this, as he at that time didn't say anything directly to her. 

So, when he asked for help, she agreed. Again, I am not very familiar with the paath, but I think in general, during paaths, the whole community comes together to serve in any which way, in front of God. It is truly a beautiful thing. I think that is what she did. 

Yet, he had this urge to tell her how he felt about her. Chalo! , sometimes it is better to spell out what you feel, so at least you have done everything you could. I agree with that feeling. I am all for liberation, but what I am saying is that in that quest for his liberation, he shouldn't be inconveniencing Katha.

He saw first hand how his mom is perceiving Katha, to be tempting him. He put the object of his affection in a very uncomfortable and tight spot. This time around, Katha either had to quit the job to avoid him OR once again clear the air as emphatically as possible. So, she called him to a place outside of the  work space and did the honors. In her purview, Viaan is now a decent guy, he would understand that a no means only one thing and would back off.

In this situation, he went back to tell her again how he feels, and how he can't turn off " love". Fine, but iss mein Katha ka kya business hain? He can deal with his feelings and his love whichever way he wants to. If he wants to jump in joy after some jugnus, or wait around in the shadows forever or wallow in a dark hole, it is up to him. Why does Katha need to know? Especially, when she looks sooo uncomfortable. This revelation now is even worse for her. Like Bana said, they twisted the Kabir Singh here to say " Rab ne chaha toh", and I will continue to pursue you, till such time is sooo wrong.  I don't know if the makers intent to bring Rab is to shut some of us🤢

Anyway, I don't know if I am repeating myself again and again......... 

🤗 the beauty here is we can all express our views, it’s like chai time with friends….

Did you see Katha’s expression when she was making her stance clear? So much concern throughout. She put her own discomfort and the frustration of having had to go through the day (as it turned out) aside, to be kind. So beautiful and such maturity. How much sensitivity is she showing so as not to hurt him? Firm and yet kind. That is true compassion. 

Would conveying her thoughts bring an end to it? She will now automatically think of how her smile, look, actions are going to be viewed…. making each day at work unpleasant. Which is why she wanted to clarify before the next morning. 

I don’t think she read Eshan wrong? He was just this extra friendly person. Not evil. Such people exist and are mostly harmless. But our Eshan was also a player. (That to me was the odd bit, I would like to think the writers haven’t made up their mind about him… oh well). Once Katha realized, she did put him in place. 

I have run out of things to say about Viaan. Watched the first few episodes yesterday and wish they had retained the same person we were introduced to. Passionate about work, determined, shrewd etc etc. Being this way and discovering love, those few moments of examining his own feelings and thoughts, an unfolding of sorts, that was not on display 24/7. This Viaan who is just sitting around reading books, walking in and out of Katha’s cabin to “share” every thought and staring to the extent of it being rude… nothing exciting about it. Simply annoying that he can be so obtuse and not see how this is making Katha uncomfortable 🥴.

I am just curious though, if Viaan was not the male lead, would his behavior be acceptable? It is exactly on the lines of any other man who takes a fancy to Katha…..
Enjoy the weekend!

Edited by kushikumari - 1 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: mili9

@ bold..........Ouch😭 ! Shalzie, my friend🤗 I know you are kinder to Katha than this😒❤️. I am trying to tread very lightly here😵

To be fair, I don't think Katha let Ehsan close intentionally. She somehow didn't read him right (  I agree seemed very odd for someone with her EQ ). I think once she figured out the intentions, she told him about her state of mind with a finality, which left no doubts whatsoever. 

With Viaan, she remained completely formal . Not a friend, not a foe, just a co-worker and boss. She seemed to have understood the poem is about her and so, again, she told him, about her state of mind. Again, with utmost clarity, koi gunzaaish hi nahin👍🏼Obviously, she couldn't be more forceful than this, as he at that time didn't say anything directly to her. 

So, when he asked for help, she agreed. Again, I am not very familiar with the paath, but I think in general, during paaths, the whole community comes together to serve in any which way, in front of God. It is truly a beautiful thing. I think that is what she did. 

Yet, he had this urge to tell her how he felt about her. Chalo! , sometimes it is better to spell out what you feel, so at least you have done everything you could. I agree with that feeling. I am all for liberation, but what I am saying is that in that quest for his liberation, he shouldn't be inconveniencing Katha.

He saw first hand how his mom is perceiving Katha, to be tempting him. He put the object of his affection in a very uncomfortable and tight spot. This time around, Katha either had to quit the job to avoid him OR once again clear the air as emphatically as possible. So, she called him to a place outside of the  work space and did the honors. In her purview, Viaan is now a decent guy, he would understand that a no means only one thing and would back off.

In this situation, he went back to tell her again how he feels, and how he can't turn off " love". Fine, but iss mein Katha ka kya business hain? He can deal with his feelings and his love whichever way he wants to. If he wants to jump in joy after some jugnus, or wait around in the shadows forever or wallow in a dark hole, it is up to him. Why does Katha need to know? Especially, when she looks sooo uncomfortable. This revelation now is even worse for her. Like Bana said, they twisted the Kabir Singh here to say " Rab ne chaha toh", and I will continue to pursue you, till such time is sooo wrong.  I don't know if the makers intent to bring Rab is to shut some of us🤢

Anyway, I don't know if I am repeating myself again and again......... 

@bold - exactly that ws my issue only. This could have been more silent and in actions rather than telling her on her face. If you love someone , would you put her in guilt about not loving you back or just wait quietly by being on her side when any need arise and let the other person fall in love herself. You cannot force someone to fall in love. You can definitely hope and wait for it but that wait is silent and not so loud !! It is like doing some favor for your friend for friendship and then advertising that to him that boss i have done this and that for you.. No you dont do that.. you just support and be there...!

kushikumari thumbnail

Originally posted by: riti4u

@bold - exactly that ws my issue only. This could have been more silent and in actions rather than telling her on her face. If you love someone , would you put her in guilt about not loving you back or just wait quietly by being on her side when any need arise and let the other person fall in love herself. You cannot force someone to fall in love. You can definitely hope and wait for it but that wait is silent and not so loud !! It is like doing some favor for your friend for friendship and then advertising that to him that boss i have done this and that for you.. No you dont do that.. you just support and be there...!

Guilt or because he wants to portray himself as the most amazing human she could have met. But what’s in the head doesn’t always translate the same way to real life. I saw what they have lined up for us- getting hurt on a stapler, falling down, 🙄 seriously? Truly stuff for teenagers 😆 And we are going to be watching 😆😆

I would like to see the silent support as you mentioned, or a friend- funny, light, crazy, warm, sensible, all rolled in. Viaan does have this- upto the writers what they make of him….

Rsrockz thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Red flag for me is when he'd have said I accept nothing but a YES and have forced her to accept him. But he didn't do anything as such. Just because Kathaa has rejected his proposal doesn't mean she's not going back on that and have a change of mind. His proposal just needs a change of approach and he's willing to patiently wait for her acceptance because he loves her truly.

IMO societal pressures are not letting Kathaa think properly and her responsibility towards her son cannot let her decide what she wants for herself, then the onus is on Viaan to assure her in every possible way that he is a person she can rely when need be, by being honest about his feelings and opening himself he can let her emotions come out. 

Because this lady has nothing going on in her life other than being a mother, she's personally in a lot of trauma masking under guise of her smile. Viaan has understood this very well when he researched how the family of ppl suffering with cancer cope. Because illness isnt the only painful thing but having to manage the expenses, living through the uncertainty whether the outcome is going to be fruitful are few of the many other contributing factors for kathaa's trauma additionally she's pressured to put up a smily face in front of her kid. She never had anybody to share her worry or trauma so it takes a lot of persuasion for this lady to open up and mainly the optimal path of the journey to that point may not be a straight line and could be very convoluted instead.

I explored the possibility of Viaan trying to befriend Kathaa but she's strong enough not to share her troubles with her best friends, proof is Rewa tried finding out how kathaa got the money, but she didn't disclose. 

Also Viaan if he pretends to be friends with Kathaa without disclosing his feelings that'd amount to false pretense and hence I'd say there's no other possibility but being honest with Kathaa about his feelings and letting her think about him is the best or only option in this case.

Also Teji or for that matter any mom wouldn't readily accept a SM like Kathaa with her child as their bahu and rightly so she does everything in her capacity to dissuade this alliance and also Mr.Garewal will have his reservations but all that comes doesn't matter to Viaan not because he's selfish but because their opinions aren't as important to him as kathaa's approval and his son's acceptance. This is how his brain functions as per my observation. 

Originally posted by: riti4u

@Bold - That is the red flag - continue to pursue her part - It is making her uncomfortable and in awkward situation when clearly she has said No to him. Things would have been different if Katha had shown some inclination towards him, at present she is not in love with him and has clearly given a decision for No. It is about accepting that decision. Well yes love is a wonderful feeling as you said it is about giving but here man is just thinking about himself only and not Katha. Yes he can wait for her definitely to change her mind but these constant stares and this jugnu talks are all sounding like he is desperately after her. Love is selfless too and understanding of what other person feels at the moment. In last episode it was clear that Viaan was just thinking about his feelings and not the person whom he expressed his feelings too. Ideal take would have been to give her space and let her think about him while he distances himself and they could have let out that Aarav-Viaan bond out for Katha to actually fall in love again on her own.

Anyways lets see what next episodes are all about. 

mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rsrockz

Red flag for me is when he'd have said I accept nothing but a YES and have forced her to accept him. But he didn't do anything as such. Just because Kathaa has rejected his proposal doesn't mean she's not going back on that and have a change of mind. His proposal just needs a change of approach and he's willing to patiently wait for her acceptance because he loves her truly.

IMO societal pressures are not letting Kathaa think properly and her responsibility towards her son cannot let her decide what she wants for herself, then the onus is on Viaan to assure her in every possible way that he is a person she can rely when need be, by being honest about his feelings and opening himself he can let her emotions come out. 

Because this lady has nothing going on in her life other than being a mother, she's personally in a lot of trauma masking under guise of her smile. Viaan has understood this very well when he researched how the family of ppl suffering with cancer cope. Because illness isnt the only painful thing but having to manage the expenses, living through the uncertainty whether the outcome is going to be fruitful are few of the many other contributing factors for kathaa's trauma additionally she's pressured to put up a smily face in front of her kid. She never had anybody to share her worry or trauma so it takes a lot of persuasion for this lady to open up and mainly the optimal path of the journey to that point may not be a straight line and could be very convoluted instead.

I explored the possibility of Viaan trying to befriend Kathaa but she's strong enough not to share her troubles with her best friends, proof is Rewa tried finding out how kathaa got the money, but she didn't disclose. 

Also Viaan if he pretends to be friends with Kathaa without disclosing his feelings that'd amount to false pretense and hence I'd say there's no other possibility but being honest with Kathaa about his feelings and letting her think about him is the best or only option in this case.

Also Teji or for that matter any mom wouldn't readily accept a SM like Kathaa with her child as their bahu and rightly so she does everything in her capacity to dissuade this alliance and also Mr.Garewal will have his reservations but all that comes doesn't matter to Viaan not because he's selfish but because their opinions aren't as important to him as kathaa's approval and his son's acceptance. This is how his brain functions as per my observation. 

RsRockz, I will answer here.  I hope you don't mind, my friendsmiley4. There is more activity in this thread, so we can continue here. 

And, please, you are welcome to pour out your heart or angst anytimesmiley20 Like Kushi says, this is really like chai and debatesmiley20. Nice to see for myself where I stand on these difficult issues. Thankfully, they are not real incidentssmiley4 I tag people I have recently interacted with, as it is easy for them to find my posts. Some, I have interacted with on some previous shows and I had the best experience with them hammering out thoughtssmiley27, So.......... I have no fear interacting with them and if needed modify my perspectives based on some thoughts that are said just in the right way, that they start making sense. So, that is all there is to taggingsmiley4Although, sometimes I do feel delicate as if I am force feeding my nonsense😲

@bolded part....... Hmmmmm, this is troublesome naaa....... Meaning, a no is not a no😒. You just don't know how to say an yes😭💔This concerns me a great deal. All the Kabir Singhs of the world operate on this dictum🤢unfortunately. 

I am all for patiently waiting, but he can do so without announcing that to her.👎🏼 As Kushi rightly put in, this announcement will put her on the defensive, second guessing every action of hers She will be walking on egg shells constantly. What is the point in protecting her from staplers if he is setting her up for ridicule and judgments by every Tom, Dick and Harry😡for NO fault of hers?

As far as Katha goes, she is an adult, a mom of a 8 yr old. She had seen the good and bad of the world through very clear eyes.  When the time comes for her and if her heart wants it, to seek out companionship, I don't think she will care much about societal pressures. I will give her enough credit to know what she wants. If she wants to stay where she is, I don't see there is anything wrong in it. If she wants companionship, there is nothing wrong in it too. She just came out of the second biggest tragedy of her life, toh, why can't she take her own sweet time to figure out what she wants. If she says she is content with her life as of now, who is he to question that? If he were a close friend or a family member, toh, I will give some credit to that.......😲

And like I said before, what if she wants Ehsan's or some other X's companionship, will Viaan be patiently explaining to her that she doesn't know what she wants😡and how he is the right one? Can we force some one to reciprocate our feelings, because " we know" what is right for them😒? Heck, I can't make my 13 yr old see my point of view most days🤔

His confession directly resulted in Teji giving her the obtuse, nonsense. Toh, kuch toh responsibility leni haina, to ask his mom to back off? How is he going to make Katha feel comfortable and secure amidst all this nonsense? 

@ italicized bold........I agree with you👍🏼 in general, amongst friends, if one of them feels more than friendship, it is important to let the other person know, so they are still comfortable continuing the friendship as status quo, change or cut it off it there is enough discomfort. Here toh, she already knows about his feelings, she responded with a NO, and wanted to carry on a co-worker, boss-employee relationship. She is not asking for anything more than that. Eventually, if this turns out into a friendship naturally, so be it😎

Again, I am not refuting you, my friend, just putting out my questions😃 and where I am coming from. Fire away, I have some time today.....

@Shalzie, do you still want to read my nonsense? Let me know, if you don't, I won't take it personally😃

Force feeding Bana, Kushi and Riti🤣

kushikumari thumbnail

@bolded part....... Hmmmmm, this is troublesome naaa....... Meaning, a no is not a nosmiley13. You just don't know how to say an yessmiley19smiley28This concerns me a great deal.

As far as Katha goes, she is an adult, a mom of a 8 yr old. She had seen the good and bad of the world through very clear eyes.  When the time comes for her and if her heart wants it, to seek out companionship, I don't think she will care much about societal pressures. I will give her enough credit to know what she wants. If she wants to stay where she is, I don't see there is anything wrong in it. If she wants companionship, there is nothing wrong in it too. She just came out of the second biggest tragedy of her life, toh, why can't she take her own sweet time to figure out what she wants. If she says she is content with her life as of now, who is he to question that?

And like I said before, what if she wants Ehsan's or some other X's companionship, will Viaan be patiently explaining to her that she doesn't know what she wantssmiley7and how he is the right one? Can we force some one to reciprocate our feelings, because " we know" what is right for themsmiley13? Eventually, if this turns out into a friendship naturally, so be it

Fire away, I have some time today.....

Force feeding Bana, Kushi and Riti

@bold, Lol. Truly. In the same boat, but definitely going to make the best of the sunshine we have and enjoy the woods.

@red, Absolutely. A no is a no. How much I like a person or what I want for them has nothing to do with it. As far as Katha is concerned, she knows best what she wants. And if she is content with her life as it is, so be it. If Viaan doesn’t understand it, that’s ok. If he wants to sit down and talk about it, that’s ok too (not that Katha owes him an explanation), but he should also be gracious enough to step back and let her be.

@boldIf she prefers Eshan ( he actually seems harmless and smarter now) 😂 or anyone else, this story will actually be more entertaining! Mili, what an idea 💡!!

Edited by kushikumari - 1 years ago
kushikumari thumbnail

Gosh, whatever happened to all the bold, red, red and bold, I highlighted? 🤔😳😳😳😳

Shalzie thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Tag on Mili🤣

It's not nonsense. I enjoy reading about different perspectives. Just because I see a situation a certain way doesn't make your perspective any less. For me, we view situations based on our experiences. You write from Katha’s POV. I write from Viaan's POV. It's crazy cause I am more like initial Katha🤣They changed her after Aarav got well. In fact, it's normal that Katha appears lost for she has been playing the role of widow and mother of a sick child for long. My issue is that she sends mixed signals. I am not being unkind to her. I understand her but I wish she would take time to reflect and introspect.

I will be back once I actually watch the 2 eps. I am stuck on confession and you guys are way ahead.

By the way, it's been ages since I have seen so many comments on a thread besides DT here. Well done! It's also very nice to see new names here. I am enjoying the discussions.  For the others, don't let the tags limit you guys in interacting. Jump in whenever you feel like it. The more the merrier!

Edited by Shalzie - 1 years ago