MI - Nat Sciver-Brunt (54.40)

Highest strike rate

DC - Shafali Verma (182.58)

MI - Nat Sciver-Brunt (149.45)

Highest individual scores

DC - Shafali Verma: 84(45) vs RCB Women

MI - Hayley Matthews: 77*(38) vs RCB Women

Posted: 1 years ago

Pitch and conditions: The weather looks perfect, the square boundaries are shorter as compared to the straighter one. The bowlers can get some seam movement on this wicket, they need to drag their lengths in order to trouble the batters and nick them off. Spinners have picked more wickets at this venue as compared to the pacers. But looking at today's wicket, even the pacers have something in it for them.

Rishikesh Kumar: Hayley Matthews has to be the most impactful player of this WPL season. To be in top 5 of both, most runs as well as most wickets is extraordinary stuff. Hope she plays a vital knock in the final..

Issy Wong's hat-trick against the UP Warriorz and Nat Sciver-Brunt's unbeaten knock of 72* in the same match, helped MI Women enter the final as they won the Eliminator by 72 runs. And the MI girls will be riding high on confidence after such a commanding victory in the knockout clash. However, they need to be wary of a certain Meg Lanning - who's the leader of their opposition tonight. Lanning has won several ODI and T20I World Cups over the last decade for Australia Women, and she knows how to come out on top in pressure situations. So it ain't going to be an easy task for MI despite the crowd support behind them. There will be several MI flags waving across the stadium, but Lanning has that ability to silence the sea of blue at Brabourne. These are two equally powerful sides on paper, as well as on the field. The first edition of IPL - way back in 2008 was won by an Australian captain. Will history repeat itself when it comes to the Women’s Premier league as well? Will it be an Australian captain to lift that coveted trophy once again?

Jemimah Rodrigues: (On qualifying directly to the final) I think it gave us more rest, since we’ve been playing back-to-back games so everyone rested well and had a good team practice session together. Good to go for the final. Depends on how you take the break, since we have been playing back-to-back all the girls wanted a break. I got to spend some time with my family since we are playing here in Mumbai. Everyone has come back refreshed and there is more energy and passion to go out there and perform today. (On her batting position) Honestly, I’m just happy to go out there and help my team win wherever I play. I tell myself that whenever I get an opportunity I need to make sure I get the job done for my team, need to do what is expected of me. I think it is a fresh start everyday, so we’ll try to keep it simple, stick to our process and we know if we execute well we can get the job done. (On difference between Lanning and Kaur’s captaincy) I think they are different leaders, but very experienced and very passionate about their game. Harmanpreet is more aggressive, she loves to take charge and make sure the girls are pumped up. Meg is much calmer and she likes to back the bowlers and tell them what to do. They are contrasting captains but both very effective.

Sanket: "Two batting heavy weights and generally you love to chase but it won't be bad to bat first in this game. Runs on the board always add that pressure"

DC Women vs MI Women, Women's Premier League, Final

Sanket: "Marrizane Cap's first spell has been really important factor in DC successes with the ball. She has been really good with the new ball upfront and if she bags the big wickets of Matthews and Sciver it will big dent in MI's batting "