Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

My take on Pathan - Enter at your own risk

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 1 years ago

Howdy-do - Welcome to My take on this Movie in My Way...  

Image        Image

Disclaimer - Don't expect a grim,  unhumorous πŸ˜” or pensive review πŸ€“  πŸ˜†  

I just wanted to pen down some of my mental notes. 

>>Let'sForwardto>> We Find Pathan behind a lot of hair, yup a lot of it. Tied to a halki palki si chair, just enough to keep him in there till he can make an escape when we all arrive at the scene. 

[JustToMentionSRK] SRK Stands up, whilst the fan blows at his shirt and his blowing shirt blows the fans away. I would like time to appreciate - His personal trainer coz that kid's doing his job right! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘SRK is maintaining his physique perfectly. 

The fight scene was fine - But the indoor helicopter ride - that took my heart away. ❀️If I was there, I would have demanded a ride in one of those. Or at least for the graphics artist to VFX me into it, would have been some consolation. I mean it was easy to take off in one of them, where was the security? Sleeping? Next time they should hire India Forums Robo Global Mods for the job. πŸ˜ƒThey NEVER sleep on the job. Ever. 

>>Let'sForwardto>> Car flip scene. It was repeated from Dilwale - but I love it. I loved the whistling, the sound of the boots, SRK's 'Am fcuk'd now' expression. Abraham's consolation speech and style. PERFECT! Dilwale scene with Kajol had impact and so did this. By the Way - Black Panther wants his suit back. πŸ˜†

[JustToMentionAbraham] He also has been maintaining himself well. Though the tattoos were overboard and he looked like a human version of a vintage scrapbook journal. That much art looks good in books not on the body. But feel free to disagree. πŸ€—

The fight scene - Abraham taking lessons from Sunny Deol? He hands them punches - like "Mein marunga, tu mar jayega" and "Tuje bus ke uppar patak patak ke marunga" types. Like there was some Duracell extra power behind those punches. Pathan, is strong, smart and fast (as can be). I'm glad they kept it in line with SRK's attributes, they didn't make him look like a 'He Man' nor did they make his moves as fast as flash. They didn't make the actor or character look like a 'Action hero' only. They kept it realistic. He hurt, he bled, he struggled, he experienced pain. (Apart from the flying on the ropes scenes). It felt like the movie was regarding 'Pathan' not 'Pathan, the Ultimate and invincible action hero'. I'm not going to talk about Jim, being walking off without seeing that the job was done properly. 'No one hire this guy'. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

>>Let'sForwardto>> Deepika in Action. πŸ€ͺ

I'm sorry - forgive me. I can't give you a breakdown on that fight.. I don't know what it all was. It was bad - that's all I can say. I was standing there watching in disgust, πŸ˜• I turn my head and see Pathan/SRK looking pretty awed by it. I was like 'You can't be serious right?' Unfortunately he really was impressed.  Every action scene of hers was terrible. I know a lot of you might wanna fight me, but watch Angelina Jolie in Salt. πŸ‘ BUT personally, I do think she looked her best in this movie and she pulled of the blonde very well. But the wardrobe designers did her dirty and cut her clothing budget by half, as for half of the film, half of her clothes were missing. 😲 Unless she was endorsing a lingerie or swimwear brand secretly. (Shh Shh) πŸ˜‰

Hand's up if you guys already guessed that she is going to do him dirty during their mission? 

I had already guessed the minute she came on screen. 

Now here is an Easter egg in this post for you to find. SRK hit the the glass table as he fell in the vault  - This reminded me of the movie 'Ittefaq' so  my Question is to you guys Who broke the coffee glass table in Ittefaq movie? I actually do want to know. πŸ˜ƒ

Karen, could we please just appreciate Karen for her part 😡 in the movie. Just feel like she should get an appreciation that's all. πŸ‘

>>CanWeSkip-It-to-the-BestPart>>

Pathan and Tiger ! 

It couldn't be more perfect. Salman entering in like Aquaman in the submarine - well kind of. Bringing take out and pain killers! πŸ€£ I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this. Again - I like how SRK doesn't have this I have to be the best action hero - never get beaten and don't need help attitude. I loved how - he was just like, 'Peepz, just gimme a break'. It truly was a beautiful moment. The highlight of the film. Salman is another one - when he hits, he looks like he's gonna cause some serious damage. Bones are gonna break. It's not over the limit action - It's just the impact he has. 

[JustToMentionSalman] He is maintaining himself but he is far too top heavy. He hasn't that same perfect leanness as SRK. 

As some one who is neutral to both these actors, I like them both the same. I'm glad I can enjoy both as both are very good in their own individual way. I wish more people could see this and enjoy both these artists work. (Yeah.. no Akshay is very fine and cool with me appreciating and liking the work of other actors). πŸ˜Ž

[Dimple........talked..........so........much........like.......really] πŸ₯±--------------------------------> [ThenSheDies]

This part was really sad and emoted perfectly by Shahrukh  - Just wish I had a gif to add. His reaction at every gunshot. Closing his eyes painfully and shaking. Respect to those, soldiers in the movie. 

... I know I shouldn't but at this point I also thought of the MID's. Like when the mods shoot them off, their friends back here must be having that same reaction at every pop, pop, pop.... 

>>Let'sForwardTo>>  Abraham and Deepika encounter. Just seriously how pathetic was the attempted kill there, like this guy was supposed to have been one of the best . Okayyyy. 

Thanks mate - Thanks, coz we had to visually endure what came next due to your incompetence. 

She comes out skating. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜²πŸ˜’πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜›πŸ˜†β˜’οΈβ˜―οΈπŸ’”β˜ΊοΈ - I'm stuck for which expression emoji to use here - πŸ˜². Yeah it was that bad.  When that Ice cracked - I thought let me just jump inside instead so I don't have to watch this. Not kidding. When Jim gave Pathan the choice - to save her or not. I was for the No option. But no he had to go 'Finding Nemo'. πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”

Now that I reminded myself of this scene. I don't feel like continuing - My Irie mood has just left.. But I'll continue coz I'm nearly at the end - and 'she' will not be mentioned any more. πŸ₯³

>>Let'sForwardTo>> Why are they doing this? to me? Now they bring out a Man plane Suit. β€οΈ

Now I want one of these!. πŸ˜Ž So I emailed the producers that if I can get one of those  -  They said 'No we sent them back to Iron Man'. πŸ’” 

I'm not joking - I actually really loved the concept of those. 

All in all Movie was good. A bit backwards and forwards too much for my liking, No big twist in it. 

Is it fair that this one is the highest grosser? I can see why it did well commercially It's  SRK film quite after some time, Quite different to his other stuff. The Mystery was there as to who is Pathan during the initial stages - so the Hype was there. For me it's justifiable because of the brilliant Pathan and Tiger scenes in the movie. 

Which brings me to this point. They know that they are the business and that they are both irreplaceable. It's true that, and sad that these guys have ben doing this for 30 years and over 30 for Salman - and there is not a strong handover. They are pulling the weight a lot. It was a cute moment, true, thought inducing one. 

And with that said and done - I will end this one here. πŸ˜ƒ

Cari

Edited by carisma2 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Very small to the point Review πŸ‘

carisma2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Very small to the point Review πŸ‘

IKR.  Lol. 

D3viL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Cari the fan girl πŸ˜†

I think srk character will evolve. 

Ordinarily in the marvel/metaverse in which this movie and characters are based off from .. they are show to be nearly normal human and get beat up in the first movie.. and in the second and so forth they get stronger and become super hero's

What I was left thinking was that..it seems to be following the path of Iron Man. The first of the Marvel movies

.... the guy playing iron Man has retired from playing it and they killed off the character ... he felt He was too old ect.. yet srk started playing it at 60? I think Robert Downey Jnr was 40 when he started and 53 when he had enough..  I don't know how long he can keep playing pathaan? Which sucks

Pathan to me was all about John  ..his tightie whities .. the entry.. and salman khan ..and I am not even a SK fan lolol

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I’ll watch Pathan soon enough and see if it’s worth the hype

Anything is better than that Baahubali shit πŸ˜†

carisma2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I’ll watch Pathan soon enough and see if it’s worth the hype

Anything is better than that Baahubali shit πŸ˜†

Its definately worth watching.  I wont lie,  i liked Don better. Its a movie you will watch once most likely.  

Bahubalu, the first one wasn't nice,  but it had the interesting twist. The second one I really enjoyed. It was the first time I watched a Prabhas movie and he was very impressive in his role as Mahendra. 

If you like Telegu, hindi dubbed. Watch Allu Arjuns,  Arya Ek Deewana. I love that movie so much.  At no point give up watching.  You have to see it all the way. 

carisma2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: D3viL

Cari the fan girl πŸ˜†

I think srk character will evolve. 

Ordinarily in the marvel/metaverse in which this movie and characters are based off from .. they are show to be nearly normal human and get beat up in the first movie.. and in the second and so forth they get stronger and become super hero's

What I was left thinking was that..it seems to be following the path of Iron Man. The first of the Marvel movies

.... the guy playing iron Man has retired from playing it and they killed off the character ... he felt He was too old ect.. yet srk started playing it at 60? I think Robert Downey Jnr was 40 when he started and 53 when he had enough..  I don't know how long he can keep playing pathaan? Which sucks

Pathan to me was all about John  ..his tightie whities .. the entry.. and salman khan ..and I am not even a SK fan lolol

I'm not gonna lie, the train scene with the duo was like a fangirling moment for me.  Quite an emotional sentiment I felt.i really loved that part. 

This is Johns best work so far, apart from the attempted killing incompetence scenes.  John can play an antagonist really well. 

He's 56. I thin he'll be able to keep it going for a while.  They look really young though.  

I'll seeing the Marvel theme. I'll tell Akki to play Captain America at 70. Just for u.

I was really enjoying the gadgets in the movie.  

Most importantly do you think they will replace Rubai in Pathan 2 with Angelina Jolie Megan Fox?

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I really enjoyed your post. πŸ‘πŸΌ. Also it's ridiculous how Pathan just follows Deepika to the pool after the song without any arms. What was he thinking..lol

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

Thums up for the essay...I didn't read. 

rushi1981 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Absolutely agree with ur review.. esp the deepika part.. the way her action sequences were shot was absolutely disappointing.. i was comparing it with angelina jolie fight seqences or even katrina kaif in tiger series..they were brilliantly done.. here deepika fight sequence looked more like a gimmick rather than an actress who really wants to fight n achieve something…the agression, the anger just wasnt there..

Hoping the movie with Hrithik would do deepika more justice

Edited by rushi1981 - 1 years ago